Windows 10: Windows 10 Pr0 64-bit: fails backup to system image & fails file back up.

Discus and support Windows 10 Pr0 64-bit: fails backup to system image & fails file back up. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; UBJECT: Backup Failure OS: Window 10 Pro 64-bit latest update Computers afflicted: Dell Mobile Precision 7510 workstation. Dell Precision... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JPinterest, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pr0 64-bit: fails backup to system image & fails file back up.

UBJECT: Backup Failure

Computers afflicted:

1. Dell Mobile Precision 7510 workstation.

2. Dell Precision 5820 Tower workstation

Problem: Windows 10 Pr0 64-bit: fails backup to system image & fails file back up.

Both backup and create system image fail with Error code: 0x80310000

"This drive is locked by BitLocker Drive Encryption. You must unlock this drive from the Control Panel."

Notes.

1. The drives / partitions being used for backup & system image are NOT encrypted BitLocke not enabled. The Boot drives have BitLocker enabled.

2. The error statement does not indicate which drive-- the Encrypted System SSD or the unencrypted backup partition on an unencrypted backup HDDs. It is not obvious whether the "error" message erroneously identifies the backup HDDs / partition as being encrypted BitLocker enabled.

Facts bearing on the problem:

1. Action that is being attempted and failed: Create a system image and create a backup file history of selected files from 512 GB SSD Boot drive to an unencrypted HDD.

2. Previously I had no problem both backing up, and creating a system image from the internal OEM HDD to:

Dell 5820T to this same unencrypted HDD partition on the unencrypted 1TB internal HDD.

Dell M7510 to an unencrypted 500 GB external USB connection HDD

3. I migrated Windows 10 Pro from the internal OEM 1TB HDD to an internal 512 GB SSD.

• The system SSDs are encrypted BitLocker is enabled

• The backup HDDs are not encrypted BitLocker not enabled.

• There is adequate space on the unencrypted backup partitions.

• The backup HDDs / partitions were erased and re- formatted GPT NTSF. Read & write permissions granted.

• The Boot system SSDs are Western Digital Black NVMe PCIe.

5. The Source "C" SSDs, and destination backup HDDs were scanned using Windows Disk Check for problems. RESULTS: no problems noted.

6. Ran the System File Checker SFC scan scannow. RESULTS: "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

7. Ran the DISM check. RESULTS: "The restore operation completd successfully. The operation completed successfully."

JMP INTERIM SOLUTION: Backed up boot SSD "C" using Acronis True Image Western Digital Edition

:)

JPinterest, Feb 5, 2020

2. how system image backup can be created in 64 gb pendrive

The system image backup creating failed.

I think the method suggested is not for Windows 10 64 bit.

any body can give correct procedure to create system image backup for using this to reset the system in case of laptop doesn't work or boot up

DahyabhaiPatel, Feb 5, 2020
  3. bgw2go Win User
    Windows 10 System Image Backup fails

I have not tried this resolution because of the initial steps I listed in my question. As mentioned in my original statement, I performed a clean install of Windows 10, yet when I tried to restore the computer from a System Image Backup it failed. As I just
    got the computer up and running again with Windows 7, I didn't want to go back and try this fix as I didn't see how it would help as I originally upgraded from a Windows 7 computer that has BIOS, and upon looking at the settings, there is nothing listed about
    EFI.

bgw2go, Feb 5, 2020
  4. JMac6CT Win User

Windows 10 Pr0 64-bit: fails backup to system image & fails file back up.

Create a system image fails

I have Windows 10 Home 64-bit - running on an ASUS machine with 16 GB of RAM.

I can successfully create a "restore point" (System - System Protection - Create)

When I attempt to create a system image (Backup and Restore - Create a System Image) on an external USB drive, it fails. I get the following message:

"Create a system image

The backup failed.

Windows Backup encountered an error when writing data to the backup target. (0x80780166)

Additional Information:

Incorrect function (0x80070001)"

I have successfully done this in the past with no problems.

How do I fix this?

JMac6CT, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pr0 64-bit: fails backup to system image & fails file back up.

1. Windows 10 Pr0 64-bit: fails backup to system image & fails file back up. - Similar Threads - Pr0 bit fails

2. Backing up System Image with Windows 7 Backup and Restore failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backing up System Image with Windows 7 Backup and Restore failing: I want to make a backup with a system image but it failed halfway through. I set my external harddrive as the destination and it has plenty of space. Thinking it was failing because there was things on it, I shrunk the volume and made a seperate partition called F. I tried...
  3. Backing up System Image with Windows 7 Backup and Restore failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backing up System Image with Windows 7 Backup and Restore failing: I want to make a backup with a system image but it failed halfway through. I set my external harddrive as the destination and it has plenty of space. Thinking it was failing because there was things on it, I shrunk the volume and made a seperate partition called F. I tried...
  4. Backing up System Image with Windows 7 Backup and Restore failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows System Image backup failing

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows System Image backup failing: Win 10 Pro 1904. I run a System Image Backup via File History every week or so, and did so after installing 1904 last week. Today's run is failing. I did swap in a new nonsystem backup HDD earlier today that had been cloned previously and reestablished some drive letters (and...
  6. Back Up System Image Failed

Back Up System Image Failed: When I try to backup the System Image to an external hard drive, I get the following error: "Windows backup encountered an error when accessing the remote shared file. Please retry the operation after making sure that the remote shared file is available and accessible...
  7. System image backup failed

System image backup failed: System image backup failed FIRST ATTEMPT The backup failed The operation timed-out before the shadow copy was created on the storage location (0x80780036) Additional Information: The shadow copy provider timed out \while flushing data to the volume being shadow...
  8. System Image Backup Failed In Windows 10

System Image Backup Failed In Windows 10: Today I wish to share this solution that I found from this community credited by Syed Abdul Jabbar that he answered this issue long time ago.(Replied on September 21, 2015) In case you did not see it. However, First before you will do this step, I would like to share a trick...
  9. system image backup failed

system image backup failed: I had a successful image backup a year ago. However, recently, when I tried to do image backup, it failed. Please see the attached file. It happened on version 1809. I checked history service and volume shadow copy service and both of them were on automatic and had started. I...
  10. "Create a system image" "The backup failed"

"Create a system image" "The backup failed": Windows 10 Pro Build 1809 fully updated Trying to create a system image. Steps followed: File History - System Image Backup New windows opens - "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" Click "Create a system image" Browse to external USB drive Process commences then this...