Windows 10: Windows 10 pre-installed on new device but Windows not activated

Discus and support Windows 10 pre-installed on new device but Windows not activated in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased a Surface Pro approximately 8 weeks ago direct from Microsoft. Just under 2 weeks ago my device got stuck in a Surface UEFI screen loop. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MatthewS-CC, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 pre-installed on new device but Windows not activated

I purchased a Surface Pro approximately 8 weeks ago direct from Microsoft. Just under 2 weeks ago my device got stuck in a Surface UEFI screen loop. I sent the device back to Microsoft and yesterday I received a new (possibly refurbished) device through the post. I have opened, turned on and now have an error message which says that Windows is not activated.

The error message I'm getting says: 'We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or product key. If you think you do have a valid license or key, select Troubleshoot below. Error code: 0xC004C003.'

:)

MatthewS-CC, Mar 13, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 13, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Windows 10 pre-installed on new device but Windows not activated

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 pre-installed on new device but Windows not activated

1. Windows 10 pre-installed on new device but Windows not activated - Similar Threads - pre installed device

2. Windows 11 pre installed device with windows 10 education on another device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pre installed device with windows 10 education on another device: My daughter had a acer 2 in 1 spin with windows 10 home which was upgraded to windows 10 education through school licence for free. It got damaged and insurance replaced it with same device with windows 11 home pre installed. I can't get windows 11 education from School...
  3. Windows 11 pre installed device with windows 10 education on another device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 pre installed device with windows 10 education on another device: My daughter had a acer 2 in 1 spin with windows 10 home which was upgraded to windows 10 education through school licence for free. It got damaged and insurance replaced it with same device with windows 11 home pre installed. I can't get windows 11 education from School...
  4. Install pre-installed Windows on new SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Install pre-installed Windows on new SSD: Hi, I have a Lenovo PC which came with Windows 8 pre-installed which I recently managed to upgrade to Windows 10 but now it's even slower than before.Therefore, I bought an SSD as I heard that would make it run faster. My question is how do I get my version of Windows onto my...
  5. Windows 10 cloud reinstall on Pre-installed Windows 10 Device

Windows 10 cloud reinstall on Pre-installed Windows 10 Device: I want to cloud reinstall Windows 10 on my device, Windows 10 came pre-installed with the device, now I don't want to reinstall Windows 10 from the device as it installs other unwanted apps too, but I don't know if I cloud reinstall Windows 10 on my device, will I have to...
  6. pre installed windows 10 activation

pre installed windows 10 activation: I have been facing a problem regarding windows 10 activation i haven't got any activation key with my laptop as it has pre installed microsoft windows 10 home and office, when i open any windows app like word and after going in settings there always comming a popup that...
  7. Activate a pre-installed Windows 10

Activate a pre-installed Windows 10: Hello, I have bought a new laptop Acer Aspire 5, which running by Windows 10 S. When I open the settings page it shows the following message; YOU NEED TO ACTIVATE WINDOWS BEFORE YOU CAN PERSONLISE YOUR PC. How I can find the activation key? Thank you very much for...
  8. New Windows 10 pre installed

New Windows 10 pre installed: Do I or will I need to register my Windows 10 64 bit pro, pre installed on my New Computer? How do I check to see if my registration matches my Microsoft account?...
  9. Activation of Windows on a Pre-owned device

Activation of Windows on a Pre-owned device: Hello there beautiful people. I am having a bit of a problem. I bought a laptop from my trusty local pawnshop and when I brought it home it wants me to activate my windows os.... why and how on a preowned device. Where do I get the key or do I have to buy a new system?...
  10. Windows 10 Clean Install On New PC With Windows 10 Pre-Installed????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Clean Install On New PC With Windows 10 Pre-Installed????: Hey all I'm having a boat load of glitches, I think mostly coming from Cortana (works maybe 3 out of 10 times correctly and sometimes not at all and locks up the windows menu until I kill her in task manager). I spoke to Microsoft who said to do an upgrade that will...