Windows 10: WINDOWS 10 PREFERENCES TO "OPEN A FILE WITH"

Discus and support WINDOWS 10 PREFERENCES TO "OPEN A FILE WITH" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In Windows 7 there was a preference area to customize what program to open a file with. Where is that feature on 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WJCZZ, Nov 14, 2018.

1. WJCZZ Win User

WINDOWS 10 PREFERENCES TO "OPEN A FILE WITH"

In Windows 7 there was a preference area to customize what program to open a file with. Where is that feature on 10?

:)

WJCZZ, Nov 14, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Nov 14, 2018
  4. WINDOWS 10 PREFERENCES TO "OPEN A FILE WITH"

"open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

WINDOWS 10 PREFERENCES TO "OPEN A FILE WITH"

1. WINDOWS 10 PREFERENCES TO "OPEN A FILE WITH" - Similar Threads - PREFERENCES OPEN FILE

2. Windows 10 opens each newly scanned document, I prefer it save the document not open it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 opens each newly scanned document, I prefer it save the document not open it.: My new Windows 10 PC will open each newly scanned document in Adobe reader rather than automatically saving it in the pictures folder as my Windows 7 would do. I don't want it opened after it is scanned since I have to close it and navigate to the default location and rename...
  3. Unable to Open Language Preferences

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Open Language Preferences: Hello there. I have a problem with language preferences in the taskbar , when I open it I get a black cmd window for a momentas in the image below then I can't access the preferences. [ATTACH]...
  4. Can't open printer preferences Windows 10

Can't open printer preferences Windows 10: We upgraded to Windows 10 Pro 1909, 18363.720 and now I cannot access printer preferences. No matter which printer I try or which application, if I select "Printer Properties" or "Printer Preferences," where you can choose paper size and color management options, etc. not...
  5. "Open with" preferences won't stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Open with" preferences won't stick: Hello everybody, whenever I instruct Windows 10 to open a certain file type with a certain program, the setting lasts a few minutes to a few hours, and then it reverts back to whatever Windows sees fit (i.e. Edge for PDFs, Photos for images...). This has been going on for a...
  6. "Open with" preferences won't stick

in Windows 10 Support
    "Open with" preferences won't stick: Hello everybody, whenever I instruct Windows 10 to open a certain file type with a certain program, the setting lasts a few minutes to a few hours, and then it reverts back to whatever Windows sees fit (i.e. Edge for PDFs, Photos for images...). This has been going on for a...
  7. Windows 10 Language preference

Windows 10 Language preference: Hello! I have an annoying problem with Language preference, Windows 10 be himself add English UK language in preference. and you cannot remove it because it isn't in the list if you open Language in Setting you you do not see it, but in tray, you can. So you to remove UK...
  8. Explorer file setting preferences

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer file setting preferences: I am not sure if I know the correct nomenclature to describe my likely minor annoying issue with my computer. I'd like to "fix" my preferences across the board to show file name, type, size, length etc as opposed to the annoying native preferential settings if provides as if...
  9. Preferred apps for opening files - in Windows 10

Preferred apps for opening files - in Windows 10: I'm using Windows 10 - and I open a file - a document, or a spreadsheet, or a pdf - and a box pops up asking how I want to open this file. And in the box I can select to use the selected app every time I open a file of that type. But it does not seem to remember. I select...
  10. File "Opens with" preference not getting saved

File "Opens with" preference not getting saved: Issues : I have a python file (".py"). I am trying to make "Visual Studio Code" as its default editor, so that each time I open double click the python file, it opens up in "Visual Studio Code". I have tried the following way and nothing is helping.. 1) a) Double click...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to open window preference in windows

2. how to change preferential app to open pdf windows 10

3. preference in opening files

4. window 10 file preference