Windows 10: Windows 10 preloads - where to look for it?

Discus and support Windows 10 preloads - where to look for it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Anybody know about the path to the files Windows 10 preload saves? Is it on my C:\? I guess it is, but where? I don't want to delete them, or mess with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Burgurne, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Burgurne Win User

Windows 10 preloads - where to look for it?

Anybody know about the path to the files Windows 10 preload saves? Is it on my C:\? I guess it is, but where? I don't want to delete them, or mess with them, when doing my weekly cleaning *Redface

:)

Burgurne, Jun 3, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa Win User

windows 10 to windows 7

If Windows 10 came preinstalled on your computer.

You will first need to go to the manufacturers website for your model computer and first find out if there are Windows 7 native drivers available. A lot of computers that come preloaded with Windows 10 do not have native driver support for Windows 7 by the
    manufacturer. If there are no native drivers, you will have to consider returning the machine and purchasing a machine preloaded with Windows 10 Pro with downgrade rights to Windows 7 Professional. Or look through the manufacturers catalogue for systems already
    preloaded with Windows 7, usually the business line will have these options.

Resources:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2832566

Return the computer if it came preloaded with Windows 10 and purchase one already preloaded with Windows 7, they are still available:

Where can you find a PC running Windows 7? | ZDNet

Andre Da Costa, Jun 3, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa Win User
    Removing windows 10 and replacing with Windows 7

Could you describe for us exactly the problems you are experiencing with Windows 10?

You will first need to go to the manufacturers website for your model computer and first find out if there are Windows 7 native drivers available. A lot of computers that come preloaded with Windows 10 do not have native driver support for Windows 7 by the
    manufacturer. If there are no native drivers, you will have to consider returning the machine and purchasing a machine preloaded with Windows 10 Pro with downgrade rights to Windows 7 Professional. Or look through the manufacturers catalogue for systems already
    preloaded with Windows 7, usually the business line will have these options.

Return the laptop if it came preloaded with Windows 8 and purchase one already preloaded with Windows 7, they are still available:

Where can you find a PC running Windows 7? | ZDNet

Andre Da Costa, Jun 3, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

What files are you talking about? I don't know what you mean by "files Windows 10 preload saves"?

Ztruker, Jun 3, 2015
  5. swarfega Win User
    You won't be able to access it until July 29th and then it should unpack the files and install itself.

swarfega, Jun 3, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jun 3, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    To see if it "is"(present tense) downloading something maybe look here*chuckle

Attachment 20705

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 preloads - where to look for it? - Similar Threads - preloads where

2. where is the screen off button

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    where is the screen off button: Where is the screen off button on my laptop (windows 10)? I want to turn the screen off on command with one click. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-screen-off-button/95b4d516-9b85-44d3-bcfa-f30e6abf5bd0"
  3. where do i find tool bars in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    where do i find tool bars in windows 10: how do I find toolbars in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-tool-bars-in-windows-10/3993fa90-2093-446e-9baa-940098bddea5
  4. Windows 10: Task Scheduler - Documentation, User Guide - Available? Where?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10: Task Scheduler - Documentation, User Guide - Available? Where?: Where can I obtain a copy of the User Guide for Task Scheduler - Windows 10? I need documentation on how to use this product. Thank You....
  5. where can I install the Chinese language input method?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    where can I install the Chinese language input method?: where can I install the Chinese language input method Cangjie? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software/e32cf567-cee9-44e6-bf39-d04550734025
  6. 2 iso files are different. Where are Windows 10 ISO md5 hashes.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    2 iso files are different. Where are Windows 10 ISO md5 hashes.: From Create Windows 10 installation media link was downloaded and created windows.iso file. It tries 2 times, so files are different. Files were created in same day, middle internet speed was abou 500kBs(8mb). Where is md5 hash to to see is it correct dowloaded or viruses...
  7. Stop Windows 10 from preloading Microsoft Edge on Startup

in Browsers and Email
    Stop Windows 10 from preloading Microsoft Edge on Startup: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/stop-...t-edge-startup Came across this today.I believe I know that it is next to impossible to uninstall Edge from the OS but I wonder if any of you have tried this and if so are there any noticeable changes? TIA. 117636
  8. Login Screen, Preload Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Login Screen, Preload Desktop: "One PC loads the all apps while at the Login Screen, where you enter password. So when i press enter, all the apps is already running. The other PC doesnt load any apps at login screen, they only start loading when i hit enter. " Loading UWP apps before shutdown/restart...
  9. Cant install Windows 10 after preload (error code 80240020)

Cant install Windows 10 after preload (error code 80240020): I did a preload of the Win10 files on three PCs (via cmd prompt and do a "wuauclt /updatenow". It ran through to 100% and afterwards went into "Preparing ...": [img] But it broke after a long time with something like couldnt install at least 1 update please...
  10. Clean install of windows 10 = to preloaded OS on a new unit

Clean install of windows 10 = to preloaded OS on a new unit: HP Envy on sale. I am looking at buying this new PC that still has the Windows 8.1 I am wondering if a should wait until the new PC's come out with the pre-loaded Windows 10 or does that not make any difference in regard to left over reg. files and other parts of crap soft...