Windows 10: Windows 10: Preparing Automatic Repair Freeze [System restarts for you]

Discus and support Windows 10: Preparing Automatic Repair Freeze [System restarts for you] in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I finally encountered the infamous Windows 10 Automatic Repair "loop." Although, I couldn't find anything on what I was experiencing elsewhere.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GregoryB_93, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Windows 10: Preparing Automatic Repair Freeze [System restarts for you]

So I finally encountered the infamous Windows 10 Automatic Repair "loop." Although, I couldn't find anything on what I was experiencing elsewhere.

What I was experiencing seemed different.

The automatic repair never actually did anything, instead, when I turned on my computer, it immediately went to a blue screen telling me the computer had encountered a booting problem, and wanted to reboot itself.

When it did so, it brought me to the Preparing Automatic Repair screen.

No loading circle appeared at all. instead it just stuck with the words, "acer" and "Preparing Automatic Repair" below.

I never got a screen giving me any sort of options.

After searching around, I found a post stating a simple option is to try restarting the computer multiple times. Doing this should boot up to a Boot Options menu. After several attempts, I decided it was all or nothing. I'm sure losing everything either way was the only option.
    I came up with a thought at that very moment after asking myself, "When am I supposed to power off the computer, before the blue screen, or after it?"
    So I tried holding down the power button to turn of the computer a few times within the booting process, but nothing changed.

Again, I came up with an idea, where if I try restarting the computer while the computer is trying to restart itself, it might see that there was an actual problem in the booting process and reboot from a different starting point instead of after 2 seconds of the acer start-up screen, and my blue screen of "death."

Voila!~
    This time, I restarted it while my computer was trying to restart itself and it instantly brought me to a new screen, telling me there was no other option but to restore my computer to an earlier point in time. I proceeded since that was all that there was to do.

The process began, and it brought me to the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen. My heart instantly dropped, but my hope greatly rose when the loading circle appeared, which it had not in the beginning. After waiting several minutes for my computer to finish doing it's thing, everything seemed to be normal.

New screens came up telling me everything is being restored.

The length of time each screen was displayed had me worry.
    In the end, my computer restored itself and everything was brought back to normal.

I hope my story/fix helps anyone else who encounters this "Self-boot" phase.
    I also hope this does not happen to me again.

:)

GregoryB_93, Jan 3, 2019

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Logo Screen Freeze / Preparing for Automatic Repair

After several restarts Windows began to diagnose the problem, rather than freezing at the Preparing Automatic Repair screen. I repaired the startup files and it seems to be working now.

jipcherkee, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Windows 10: Preparing Automatic Repair Freeze [System restarts for you]

preparing automatic repair

Hi Sanjay,

Preparing automatic repair appears when something goes wrong with your PC and the system attempts to resolve it by itself. Upon checking the Community, we have found a related thread which includes a suggestion that can resolve your issue.
    You can refer to this
    link
    and check out the response of Sudharshan M K, one of our forum moderators. From there, you can follow the steps to
    perform start up repair from Windows Recovery Environment.

Get back to us should you need additional assistance.

Jennifer Bri, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10: Preparing Automatic Repair Freeze [System restarts for you]

1. Windows 10: Preparing Automatic Repair Freeze [System restarts for you] - Similar Threads - Preparing Automatic Repair

2. Blue screen, restart, preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen, restart, preparing automatic repair: 3 days ago I tried to update and shut down my laptop, it updated and ever since it has been on a loading page, and occasionally flashes a blue screen saying that the device ran into a problem and needs to restart. It gives me no other options and has been doing this for 3...
  3. Stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" then restarts.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" then restarts.: I have just replaced my Intel E6550 Duo Core with a Intel Q9650 Quad core. My motherboard had stopped working, so i got a replacement which came with a cpu. The cpu was significantly worse, and everything ran pretty slow so I switched it out with the cpu from my old...
  4. Stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" then restarts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" then restarts.: I have just replaced my Intel E6550 Duo Core with a Intel Q9650 Quad core. My motherboard had stopped working, so i got a replacement which came with a cpu. The cpu was significantly worse, and everything ran pretty slow so I switched it out with the cpu from my old...
  5. Stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" then restarts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Preparing for automatic repair windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preparing for automatic repair windows 10: I have tried everything, but I can't access most of the options because it doesn't accept my microsoft account password yes, it's correct i tried from my phone, and yes probably the laptop is connected to network via ethernet.When I try to enter the safe mode by pressing 5 or...
  7. Preparing for automatic repair windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Preparing for automatic repair windows 10: I have tried everything, but I can't access most of the options because it doesn't accept my microsoft account password yes, it's correct i tried from my phone, and yes probably the laptop is connected to network via ethernet.When I try to enter the safe mode by pressing 5 or...
  8. Preparing automatic repair in Windows 10

Preparing automatic repair in Windows 10: Hello, I hadn't updated this Lenovo laptop in a long time So I updated it this morning there were 4-5 Windows 10 updates and this was done in 30/45 minutes. When I came back, the screen was off! I tried to start the computer several times, but all I was getting was the LENOVO...
  9. Windows 10 preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 preparing automatic repair: I was playing yesterday when my PC crashed and I was forced to reboot with an hard shut down. Since then the PC keep on rebooting, I tried to enter the safe mode by pressing ctrl+F8 but is not working while F11 just bring me to the MSI men, another things I tried was to hard...
  10. Lenovo freeze on Preparing Automatic Repair

Lenovo freeze on Preparing Automatic Repair: Hi all, I updated the Bios on my Lenovo 530s. It restarted as part of the update, but then froze on a screen saying Prepare Automatic Repair. [IMG] I am unable to get to the Safe Run Mode. I have tried to reset by forcing shutdown 3 times, and ive stuck a pin in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 wants to automatic repair after most restarts

2. preparing automatic repair windows 10 freeze