Windows 10: Windows 10 preparing automatic repair then Black screen. Booting problem

Discus and support Windows 10 preparing automatic repair then Black screen. Booting problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi,I am facing a problem.I turn on my windows 10 desktop pc this morning. After starting it runs normally and I use it 30 minutes then I Shut down it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jeevan Anu ThomasAchu, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Windows 10 preparing automatic repair then Black screen. Booting problem

Hi,I am facing a problem.I turn on my windows 10 desktop pc this morning. After starting it runs normally and I use it 30 minutes then I Shut down it normally. After one hour I again turn on my pc but it stuck on then Windows 10 loading screen logo with spinning dots and even after 30 minutes nothing showed up. So I again turned off and start up. This time after my mercury motherboard logo. It said "Preparing Automatic Repair" at bottom of windows logo and suddenly a black screen came out and only the mouse cursor showed up not even "Diagnosing your pc".I repeated many times and same thing

:)

Jeevan Anu ThomasAchu, Jun 30, 2021

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Jun 30, 2021
  3. "Preparing Automatic Repair" Screen Boot Problem

So, i recently downloaded windows 10 and upgraded to it with a boot disc on my desktop. My computer was functioning as normal

until i restarted it, and this problem happened. Whenever i boot up my computer, it goes to a screen with the windows logo and the words, "Preparing Automatic Repair". There is no circular loading icon amd the screen never changes. I looked around the web
    for this problem, and i couldn't find a solution. This is not the same problem as the preparing automatic repair restart loop. I tried to run the system recovery by pressing F11, but it goes to the same " Preparing Automatic repair" screen. I also tried to
    boot from my windows 10 installation cd, but it brings me to a screen with the same problem but lacks the "Preparing automatic repair" under the windows logo. Any sort of solution for this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

JardTheBard, Jun 30, 2021
  4. abapsmoke Win User

Windows 10 preparing automatic repair then Black screen. Booting problem

Black screen after ‘preparing automatic repair.’

Thank you very much for the reply. Unfortunately, I don’t know if it’s my doing something wrong, but I’ll do the steps to boot up the ASO menu and it won’t appear. I’ll reboot three times and leave it to load at the third, but it will do the same as before except for one thing- load for a while, then seemingly reboot on its own quickly (which it didn’t do before the ASO reboots), before going directly into ‘preparing automatic repair’ followed by the black screen shortly after. Same as before, leaving the black screen alone won’t do anything.

abapsmoke, Jun 30, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 preparing automatic repair then Black screen. Booting problem

1. Windows 10 preparing automatic repair then Black screen. Booting problem - Similar Threads - preparing automatic repair

2. Windows 10 Black Screen after 'Preparing Automatic Repair'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Black Screen after 'Preparing Automatic Repair': my computer stopped responding when using google chrome so I decided to restart. After I restarted, my computer was stuck on the windows loading screen. I tried entering the automatic recovery mode but when I did, all I got was a black screen with a cursor on it and I am not...
  3. Black screen after ' preparing automatic repair '

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after ' preparing automatic repair ': Please help me, i was using my pc normally and a pop up came from 'sequrity and maintenance' like, 'reboot to start repairing disk'...I don't know, I don't remember that.But after i clicked on restart restarting screen was showing for like 10 minutes, so I pressed the power...
  4. Black screen after ' preparing automatic repair '

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after ' preparing automatic repair ': Please help me, i was using my pc normally and a pop up came from 'sequrity and maintenance' like, 'reboot to start repairing disk'...I don't know, I don't remember that.But after i clicked on restart restarting screen was showing for like 10 minutes, so I pressed the power...
  5. Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen: My laptop was working fine last night, but today when I turned it on, the boot screen appeared like it normally does, but rather than transitioning to the login screen, it returned to another boot screen with the message, “Preparing Automatic Repair”. After a few seconds, the...
  6. Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen: My laptop was working fine last night, but today when I turned it on, the boot screen appeared like it normally does, but rather than transitioning to the login screen, it returned to another boot screen with the message, “Preparing Automatic Repair”. After a few seconds, the...
  7. Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Black screen after preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after preparing automatic repair: Yesterday while i was using my laptop, it suddeny freezes and it goes into a bluescreen with a stopcode. I turned off the laptop with a long press, after that i opened it up again and it shows the manufacturer' name and circling dots and a preparing automatic update. After a...
  9. windows 10 preparing automatic repair black screen (Stuck)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 preparing automatic repair black screen (Stuck): Hello, I Have Dell G3 laptop "Preparing Automatic Repair" - black screen. I don't see the Windows loading. I just have a black screen with logo DELL in the centre. Nothing is moving, nothing else appears, until the "Preparing Automatic Repair" appears at the bottom. I've...
  10. Black screen after ‘preparing automatic repair.’

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black screen after ‘preparing automatic repair.’: Hey. Yesterday my HP laptop finished updating to what I assume is the latest Windows 10 version. Everything was fine for a few hours until I shifted the pc and accidentally pulled the battery out, so it shut down suddenly. My laptop has a black ‘bar’ just below the screen...