Windows 10: Windows 10 presentation on Lock screen work only if it is set to 1 minute

Discus and support Windows 10 presentation on Lock screen work only if it is set to 1 minute in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. My lock screen in Windows 10 Settings is set to Presentation mode. Everything works ONLY if limit for turn off monitor is set to 1 minute. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Atiris, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Atiris Win User

Windows 10 presentation on Lock screen work only if it is set to 1 minute

Hi.

My lock screen in Windows 10 Settings is set to Presentation mode.

Everything works ONLY if limit for turn off monitor is set to 1 minute.

If I set limit to any other number, then presentation is not starting and I see only blank screen.

What have I tried so far?

- complete disable and enable Presentation on Lock Screen and also on Desktop Background also switch to image and then back to presentation

- stop and start windows indexing service

- enable and disable any of settings show lock screen background..., Advanced slideshow settings

- change another values in screen timeout settings

- screen saver is disabled

- remove and add again folder with pictures for Choose albums for slideshow...

None of this worked, the only way the presentation works is to set the presentation time to 1 minute.

How can I set a higher time to start a presentation?

My Windows build is 18363.778

:)

Atiris, Apr 19, 2020

2. Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 19, 2020
  3. No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "rolling slideshow ", what exactly are you referring to?
    • When you say that "I can't activate it again.", are you referring that you are not able to Activate Windows 10?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps which you have performed to resolve the issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

4. Windows 10 presentation on Lock screen work only if it is set to 1 minute

No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen option as Windows Spotlight and check if it helps.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select Windows Spotlight from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Thema:

Windows 10 presentation on Lock screen work only if it is set to 1 minute

1. Windows 10 presentation on Lock screen work only if it is set to 1 minute - Similar Threads - presentation Lock screen

2. Windows 11 screen locking after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 screen locking after 1 minute: Tried every fix you can think of. What say you Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-screen-locking-after-1-minute/122ef21e-5434-4b51-9a65-a86385bf3d3b
  3. Screen Locks after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Locks after 1 minute: Hello, I am trying to setup an RDP that continuosly fetches data from a PLC the problem is to do this I need my display to always stay on. My computer currently locks the screen after every minute and signs me out. I have changed all settings in control panel and settings yet...
  4. Screen Locks after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Locks after 1 minute: Hello, I am trying to setup an RDP that continuosly fetches data from a PLC the problem is to do this I need my display to always stay on. My computer currently locks the screen after every minute and signs me out. I have changed all settings in control panel and settings yet...
  5. lock screen after inactivity only approx. 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lock screen after inactivity only approx. 1 minute: My intel laptop goes to lock screen after approx. 1 minute. Windows 11 homeThere is a lot of info about screen saver times, when plugged in / or on battery. a different subjectI find it so annoying when I am working, the screen locks, facial recognition or pin needed to carry...
  6. lock screen after inactivity only approx. 1 minute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lock screen after inactivity only approx. 1 minute: My intel laptop goes to lock screen after approx. 1 minute. Windows 11 homeThere is a lot of info about screen saver times, when plugged in / or on battery. a different subjectI find it so annoying when I am working, the screen locks, facial recognition or pin needed to carry...
  7. Screen Locks after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Locks after 1 minute: Please Help, My computer locks itself after 1 min of inactivity. I've tried: Changing theme to Default Changing Screen Saver settings to different time/off Changing the Power plan in Power Options Editing the values in Windows Registry with Regedit Changed...
  8. Lock screen going to sleep after only 1 minute

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen going to sleep after only 1 minute: Hello, I was wondering how to change this. I want it to wait longer to put my computer to sleep then just one minute during my lock screen. I have tried going through advanced power options -> Display -> Console Lock Display Off Timeout, But that last directory does not...
  9. Windows 10 / 1 minute lock screen problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 / 1 minute lock screen problem: Being an Apple user, but my wife asked me!! not keyed up on Windows, l read up on possible causes! by this time my wife was pulling her hair out! trying to set her windows 10 laptop from going into 1 minute lock screen. l went all through the "regedit" procedures, taking...
  10. Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute: I had updated windows 10 in November for the November update and since then, after 1 minute of inactivity the screen would turn off then when I do something it would just show up on the lock screen. These are the current settings for my power plan. How could I fix this? It is...