Windows 10: Windows 10 presents blank screen and no log in box

Discus and support Windows 10 presents blank screen and no log in box in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 a couple of days. The system was up and running that day and the next (yesterday 17 September). Today, the screen is blank and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by betvenk987, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Windows 10 presents blank screen and no log in box

I upgraded to Windows 10 a couple of days. The system was up and running that day and the next (yesterday 17 September). Today, the screen is blank and the mouse pointer comes up but no login box. I have tried all suggestions on the help forums. to no avail. What should I do? Thank you for any help.

:)

betvenk987, Sep 18, 2015

2. Display problems on some AMD Radeon video cards after installing an update

I updated my computer and during the update/install the pc restarted a few times and then it came to a screen which showed windows installing/configuring windows its got to 100% restarted to a blank screen with a box in the top left saying personalised
    settings but the box with the screen was blank....... So i restarted my pc and it seem to be normal until i log into it the screen stays blank...... AMD HD 5000 series...... what should i do

StephenStewart1, Sep 18, 2015
  3. Ray6499 Win User
    Win10 keeps logging me out after random idle times

Screen saver is set only to become active after 1500 minutes. The log on after resume box is blank.

Ray6499, Sep 18, 2015
  4. renk23 Win User

Windows 10 presents blank screen and no log in box

The same problem here. The sign-in box appears only in Safe Mode.

renk23, Sep 18, 2015
  5. Sonic LTZ Win User
    If you are able to get in win 10. Thur safe mode Try running a refesh on win 10. It will keep your personal files. You may need to reinstall other software programs that you have.

Sonic LTZ, Sep 18, 2015
  6. how do i get into SAFE mode? Thanks

betvenk987, Sep 18, 2015
  7. renk23 Win User
    Turn down your PC when the Windows logo and loading appears, do that 3 times, and in next time you automatically go to system recovery menu, you can boot in safe mod from there.

But, I allready did that, and there is nothing to do in safe mod that can fix our problem...

renk23, Sep 18, 2015
  8. Sonic LTZ Win User

Why are you not able to run a system restore point before your problem? As for that matter a refresh. Will safe mode not let you? Or does safe mode not come up?

Sonic LTZ, Sep 20, 2015
  9. Thank you all for the suggestions. I finally restored the system with the original restore cds I created when I first installed Windows 7. I am now back on my original setup and shall wait a few more months before attempting an upgrade.

betvenk987, Sep 20, 2015
  10. Sonic LTZ Win User
    Sounds good. Hope all goes well on your next attempt. I have done a number of upgrades for people. I fined a fresh install of your exsiting Os. Works the best with win 10 upgrade.

Sonic LTZ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 presents blank screen and no log in box - Similar Threads - presents blank screen

2. Windows 10 Does Not Present a Password Entry Box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Does Not Present a Password Entry Box: I'm struggling to compose this on an old Win 7 machine.My Win10/Pro x64 machine gives me the 'pretty picture opening screen.' When I select the space bar to move on to the password request, it does not appear. I discovered the small menu at the lower right corner of the...
  3. Windows 10 Does Not Present a Password Entry Box

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Does Not Present a Password Entry Box: I'm struggling to compose this on an old Win 7 machine.My Win10/Pro x64 machine gives me the 'pretty picture opening screen.' When I select the space bar to move on to the password request, it does not appear. I discovered the small menu at the lower right corner of the...
  4. Windows 10 Does Not Present a Password Entry Box

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Blank screen after log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank screen after log in: I'm currently running Windows 11 insider preview build 22621 but after failed to upgrade to build 22621.160, i'm restart my laptop. After log in back, it just show a blank screen with a cursorSo how can I fix it...
  6. Blank screen after log in

Blank screen after log in: I'm currently running Windows 11 insider preview build 22621 but after failed to upgrade to build 22621.160, i'm restart my laptop. After log in back, it just show a blank screen with a cursorSo how can I fix it...
  7. Blank screen after logging in to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank screen after logging in to Windows 10: I updated my PC this morning to the latest version, but I get a blank screen once I log in. The screen is blank with the cursor; Problem solving methods; .- PC restarted .- The video configuration in BIOS was modified to IGD .- Safe Mode Tried every troubleshooting I could...
  8. Blank screen after logging in to Windows 10

Blank screen after logging in to Windows 10: I updated my PC this morning to the latest version, but I get a blank screen once I log in. The screen is blank with the cursor; Problem solving methods; .- PC restarted .- The video configuration in BIOS was modified to IGD .- Safe Mode Tried every troubleshooting I could...
  9. Blank screen after logging in to Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Blank Cmd box flashing on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank Cmd box flashing on screen: Tried everything I know - still flashing every min or so... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-cmd-box-flashing-on-screen/1a2c5e13-0272-4b51-b376-21e2dd4ecf6a