Windows 10: Windows 10: Pressing Alt key enables Menus Short Cuts. How are we supposed to get...

Discus and support Windows 10: Pressing Alt key enables Menus Short Cuts. How are we supposed to get... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Trying to get Alt-Characters from the keyboard - not from an App Character Map - which is rarely mentioned....Every time I press the ALT key and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BridgeCC, Jan 27, 2022.

1. BridgeCC Win User

Windows 10: Pressing Alt key enables Menus Short Cuts. How are we supposed to get...

Trying to get Alt-Characters from the keyboard - not from an App Character Map - which is rarely mentioned....Every time I press the ALT key and then type the character code the computer plays the default beep as I type the three-digit ALT character code, Sometimes, if I type random letters, commands are invoked, or different actions would occur, some apps would do things with ALT+0...I've tried in MS Word 2016, Excel 2016, Notepad, Word Pad...Then noticed that whenever I press the ALT key Windows enables Menu Short-Cuts with the first character underlined for each short cut or displays litt

:)

BridgeCC, Jan 27, 2022
  2. Chagrins Win User

Why can't I disable default windows short-cuts?

Please, its so annoying to be in the middle of a game and suddenly it minimizes itself cause I pressed one of the billions of window's short-cuts. Specifically Alt+Tab is extremely inconvenient, why can't I re-bind these short cuts to other keys? I don't
    want to download a third party software to disable these short cuts like everyone suggests, and I can't re-bind these keys in game.

Chagrins, Jan 27, 2022
  3. keyboard alt = start menu

Hey guys I'm having problem with my keyboard on my ducky shine II, whenever I press alt with the windows key disabled it starts showing start menu, it didn't happen before and I'm having problem playing dota 2 whenever I use shortcuts with alt. anyone can help me out?

edit: lol I found a fix. I was turning dip 2 instead of dip 3 when turning off windows key since dip 2 exchange alt and windows key lololol. close thread please.

Cotton_Cup, Jan 27, 2022
  4. Naki Win User

Windows 10: Pressing Alt key enables Menus Short Cuts. How are we supposed to get...

Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

Thema:

1. Windows 10: Pressing Alt key enables Menus Short Cuts. How are we supposed to get... - Similar Threads - Pressing Alt key

2. Lost short-cut keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost short-cut keys: I have lost my short cut keys Windows key+I, Windows key+X etc? How can I get them back? Even the keys for XBOX game bar will not work Windows key+G? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-short-cut-keys/57fad6ce-8146-4a4b-b645-fd28667bf010
  3. Lost short-cut keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost short-cut keys: I have lost my short cut keys Windows key+I, Windows key+X etc? How can I get them back? Even the keys for XBOX game bar will not work Windows key+G? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-short-cut-keys/57fad6ce-8146-4a4b-b645-fd28667bf010
  4. Windows 10: Pressing Alt key enables Menus Short Cuts. How are we supposed to get...

Windows 10: Pressing Alt key enables Menus Short Cuts. How are we supposed to get...: Trying to get Alt-Characters from the keyboard - not from an App Character Map - which is rarely mentioned....Every time I press the ALT key and then type the character code the computer plays the default beep as I type the three-digit ALT character code, Sometimes, if I type...
  5. Custom Short Cut keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Short Cut keys: Hi, I've created two shortcuts on the desktop. Each points to a Powershell command found in a folder under c:\ called c:\WindowsShortCutKeys. I am trying to use short cuts keys to jump between two apps. The problem is that one of the apps is open full screen mode...
  6. Snip and Sketch Short Cut Key

Snip and Sketch Short Cut Key: I want to create a short cut key for the snip and sketch tool in Windows. I tried all the ways to get to the file, can't find it. I want and there is no properties option from the task bar. Please Assist.....
  7. short cuts

short cuts: how do I pin my Microsoft solitaire collection to the desk top? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/short-cuts/bb40b136-3492-4d47-bb30-8431e5f9e4fa
  8. short cut key

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    short cut key: when I click alt+f4 for shutdown, but did not appear shutdown menu. what I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/short-cut-key/a00b022a-b228-4391-a0ab-98a4434b276c
  9. short cuts

short cuts: how to I create a shortcut to a website to be on my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/short-cuts/a39d462f-e37b-444b-b076-70b9ed8ea327
  10. short cut

short cut: How do I send a www. page to my desk top as a short cut? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/short-cut/05c0d458-2e3e-4e26-b63a-755442b5dd34