Windows 10: Windows 10: prevent sleep mode from disconnecting wifi/ethernet

Discus and support Windows 10: prevent sleep mode from disconnecting wifi/ethernet in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; How do I prevent windows 10 from disconnecting my pc when it goes to sleep. see settings below [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by EliasAsmar, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Windows 10: prevent sleep mode from disconnecting wifi/ethernet

How do I prevent windows 10 from disconnecting my pc when it goes to sleep. see settings below

Windows 10: prevent sleep mode from disconnecting wifi/ethernet 7e133c6f-e993-4a60-b926-0a8142667ca1?upload=true.png

:)

EliasAsmar, Apr 19, 2019
  2. edreded Win User

Win 10: WiFi disconnecting in sleep mode

This thread is prematurely closed for replies. I have same problem as mentioned.

Windows 10: prevent sleep mode from disconnecting wifi when copying files?

Tried unticking "Allow the computer to turn off ......" in WiFi Adapter Power Management. But no effect. WiFi still drops when computer sleeps.

This was experienced with Win 10 1709 update. So the problem continues and is not closed.

edreded, Apr 19, 2019
  3. Sleep Mode Disconnects Ethernet Internet Connection - An Oldie but a Goodie

Hi,

There's a possibility that your Ethernet connection is not enabled to wake on magic packet. For us to isolate this, let's look into the advanced settings of your network adapter. Follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Device Manager > Network adapters.
    2. Right-click on your Ethernet connection and click Properties.
    3. Click the Advanced tab.
    4. Under Property, scroll down and select Wake on magic packet.
    5. Set the value to Enabled.
    6. Click OK.

Once done, try to observe if Ethernet connection still disconnects if put to sleep mode.

Looking forward to your reply..

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 19, 2019
  4. Jonasy Win User

Windows 10: prevent sleep mode from disconnecting wifi/ethernet

Windows 10: prevent sleep mode from disconnecting wifi when copying files?

Hi All,

I'm actually having exactly same issue. I'm doing alot of work using VPN-connections and it is really annoying that every time my laptop sleeps, Wifi connection disconnects causing VPN to drop and forcing me to reconnect VPN (and wait to required VPNs SMS-autentication).

So, let me re-frame the question as simply as i can; is there anyway to prevent WiFi-connection to drop when my laptop sleeps (WiFi adapter is Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265).

In my opinion, there is no way to prevent this at WiFi adapter preperties.

Jonasy, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10: prevent sleep mode from disconnecting wifi/ethernet

1. Windows 10: prevent sleep mode from disconnecting wifi/ethernet - Similar Threads - prevent sleep mode

2. Wifi disconnects after Windows 10 re-awakening from "Sleep" mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wifi disconnects after Windows 10 re-awakening from "Sleep" mode: Windows !0 now loses its connection to my wifi router after going to sleep. I then have to go through a "Disconnect/Connect" step to reconnect. Is there a bug in my version(Vers. 1809)?...
  3. WiFi disconnects when ethernet is plugged in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi disconnects when ethernet is plugged in: Hello, we have problem on Windows 10. When we connect ethernet cable, the WiFi automatically disable WiFi adapter. We checked BIOS, properities of adapters, check presence of third party programs and nothing is set wrong to do that. It started doing after Windows 10 update on...
  4. WiFi preventing Ethernet from working correctly

WiFi preventing Ethernet from working correctly: I recently installed a TP-LINK TL-WN881ND WiFi adaptor and ever since, when i use Ethernet, it try's to search for a WiFi connection first when i am online. This happens even when i have my WiFi switched off. Does anyone know how i can resolve this issue....
  5. Windows 10 frequently disconnects from WIFI

Windows 10 frequently disconnects from WIFI: I am experiencing frequent WIFI disconnection after a recent Window10 update. I’ve taken the following actions and none helps: Followed all MS technical advices https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-fix-network-connection-issues Updated the wireless...
  6. How do I disconnect from WiFi with an Ethernet Cableq

How do I disconnect from WiFi with an Ethernet Cableq: I need to disconnect from the internet to do something offline but I can't find an "Airplane Mode" feature on my Windows 10, it is a real not cracked windows 10 and I figure it is somehow related to me using an Ethernet Cable, thank you....
  7. Deep sleep mode Ethernet port

Deep sleep mode Ethernet port: I bought a new motherboard, because i thought that a ethernet port on the old one died... And now with my NEW motherboard i get the same error when i want to install an Ethernet driver... Can somebody please help me!...
  8. Prevent Windows 10 from automatically disconnecting from WiFi

Prevent Windows 10 from automatically disconnecting from WiFi: My WiFi Automatically Disconnects from from the network every time under the following circumstances: - WiFi Network has no Internet Connection - Ethernet with Internet Connection is plugged in - 3G/4G Dongle is Connected - 3G/4G Mobile Hostspot RNDIS Device is...
  9. Sleep Mode Disconnects Ethernet Internet Connection - An Oldie but a Goodie

Sleep Mode Disconnects Ethernet Internet Connection - An Oldie but a Goodie: When my desktop computer goes into sleep mode (hybrid) it disconnects my Ethernet connection to the internet. Upon waking up the computer it will take 15 to 20 seconds for the computer to automatically reconnect my Ethernet connection. I've gone into "Network Adapters" in...
  10. Ethernet Disconnect After Long Sleep

Ethernet Disconnect After Long Sleep: Greetings, I have a HP Pavillion g7 laptop running Windows 10. After a long sleep (hours long), my Ethernet connection goes down. A shut down and reboot is usually how I'm able to get the Ethernet connected again. I did see this error a few times "Ethernet Connection does...