Windows 10: Windows 10 preventing dowloading lenovo camera app please help#

Discus and support Windows 10 preventing dowloading lenovo camera app please help# in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Lenovo camera was not working on Windows 10 so I uninstalled it, now I am trying to reinstall the easy camera and Windows will not let me, saying it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HummingSA, Nov 20, 2018.

1. HummingSA Win User

Windows 10 preventing dowloading lenovo camera app please help#

My Lenovo camera was not working on Windows 10 so I uninstalled it, now I am trying to reinstall the easy camera and Windows will not let me, saying it only runs verified apps. How do I get round this. I need the camera for Skype for business.

The camera has not been working fromwhen we bought this laptop

:)

HummingSA, Nov 20, 2018
  2. ICIT2LOL Win User

Lenovo Y510P (Unsupported for Win 10) Camera Driver Needed

Hello and welcome ksuthayya have had a look for a driver for your machine but there are only drivers listed up to 8.1 not 10.
    Camera Driver for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - IdeaPad Y410p, Y510p - Lenovo Support (US)

Another Google found that there was no camera driver support for 10. for a similar Lenovo Lenovo Y510P (Unsupported for Win 10) Camera Drive... - Lenovo Community

Having said that my old Toshiba was in the same position and yet when I installed 10 Windows updates found drivers for stuff not listed on the Toshiba site.

Now a suggestion would be to get a clip on camera and install it via USB or like wise because it would have it owns driver. If my memory serves me right they are not that expensive - but still annoying eh?.

ICIT2LOL, Nov 20, 2018
  3. Lenovo Easy Camera not working with Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

In most of the cases webcam might not work if it is not compatible with the generic driver or if supporting software is not installed.

I would suggest you to update the Camera drivers from the
    device manger.

• Press Windows + X key and select Device manager.
    • Select Imaging devices and select Lenovo Easy Camera.
    • Right click and select Update the driver.
    • Follow on screen steps and check.
    If it doesn't help then I would suggest you to check in the manufacturer's website for compatible Camera drivers and install it and also any supporting webcam software:

Lenovo Support:
    http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products?tabName=Downloads&linkTrack=Mast:SubNav:SupportWindows 10 preventing dowloading lenovo camera app please help# :product

If this doesn’t work then follow the same way and Uninstall the camera driver and restart the machine.

Windows 10 will automatically detect the Camera while you use it and installs the required drivers for it.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 20, 2018
  4. Windows 10 preventing dowloading lenovo camera app please help#

Camera App In Newly Installed Windows 10 Will Not Launch!!

Hi Brad,

Sorry to know that Camera app and other camera apps are not working.

What error do you get when you open Camera app?

If you are using Windows 10, then try the steps below.

For camera app issue, try the steps below.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Check for updates for apps from Windows Store and install if you find any.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/check-for-updates-for-apps-and-games-from-windows-store#

Install the drivers from the Lenovo for the Camera.

If no drivers are available for Windows 10, then try to install the old drivers in Compatibility Mode and check.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds028647

Try to install the drivers in Compatibility Mode and check if it helps.

• Download the driver and then right-click on it.
    • Click Properties, then on Compatibility tab.
    • Select Compatibility Mode. Click Ok. Then try to install it.
    For reference:

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

Camera app and webcams help:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/camera-app-faq

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 preventing dowloading lenovo camera app please help#

1. Windows 10 preventing dowloading lenovo camera app please help# - Similar Threads - preventing dowloading lenovo

2. Please help Camera does not work in Lenovo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help Camera does not work in Lenovo: Camera does not work in Lenovo Since yesterday I tried to log in my Facebook account yet I have not succeeded. Recently I have converted my login into two ways verification password + code text message ; the code message never reaches my mobile, though my mobile is fully...
  3. Please help Camera does not work in Lenovo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help Camera does not work in Lenovo: Camera does not work in Lenovo Since yesterday I tried to log in my Facebook account yet I have not succeeded. Recently I have converted my login into two ways verification password + code text message ; the code message never reaches my mobile, though my mobile is fully...
  4. Camera help please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera help please?: So, I need a bit of help on how to figure out how to fix my camera. You see, I'm trying to make a video for my YouTube channel with my face come but the problem is that my camera is zoomed in and I want it to be back to the normal size. It's acting just like the magnifier...
  5. Camera help please?

Camera help please?: So, I need a bit of help on how to figure out how to fix my camera. You see, I'm trying to make a video for my YouTube channel with my face come but the problem is that my camera is zoomed in and I want it to be back to the normal size. It's acting just like the magnifier...
  6. Camera help please?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Lenovo Thinkpad Camera App Not Opening

Lenovo Thinkpad Camera App Not Opening: I own a Lenovo ThinkPad laptop, bought just a few days ago. I recently tried opening the camera app, but I can't get it to open. I press the icon, a window opens, and then after a few milliseconds, closes. I can see my camera working in Lenovo Vantage, Zoom, and all the other...
  8. Camera not working on windows 10 please help me

Camera not working on windows 10 please help me: Hi, I have an acer predator triton 300 and I can't get my camera to work. When I opened the camera app, it said that no cameras are attached It was also gone from the Device Manager list. Would really appreciate any kind of help thank you...
  9. Camera Not Working, Please help

Camera Not Working, Please help: My Camera is not working. I Tried everything(reinstalled, updated, rolled back) but still the problem persists. My PC is Micromax Canvas Laptab LT777 Here's an image of the error. [ATTACH] Please help me with this......
  10. Dowload help

Dowload help: I have recently claimed my free copy of Minecraft Windows 10 edition, but it won't let me download. When I go to Minecraft Windows 10 edition on the store, it says I have yet to buy it. When going to my billing, it says I have. Then I click install, a popup appears and just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. AndyMorple