Windows 10: windows 10 preventing me to access/open windowsApp folder

Discus and support windows 10 preventing me to access/open windowsApp folder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi, windows 10 pro-1909 64 bit preventing me to open WindowsApp folder in drive d. What should someone do to access it normally? Especially below... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rqhhe, May 20, 2020.

1. rqhhe Win User

windows 10 preventing me to access/open windowsApp folder

hi,
    windows 10 pro-1909 64 bit preventing me to open WindowsApp folder in drive d.
    What should someone do to access it normally?
    Especially below pictures show one entry is corrupt, how to fix it.
    Thanks, and look below for a problem explanation.

windows 10 preventing me to access/open windowsApp folder [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

in the last picture, the entry is corrupt.
    How to fix a corrupted permission entry.

:)

rqhhe, May 20, 2020
  2. rqhhe Win User

hi,
    windows 10 pro-1909 64 bit preventing me to open WindowsApp folder in drive d.
    What should someone do to access it normally?
    Especially below pictures show one entry is corrupt, how to fix it.
    Thanks, and look below for a problem explanation.

- - - Updated - - -

in the last picture, the entry is corrupt.
    How to fix a corrupted permission entry.

rqhhe, May 20, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User

Hi, That folder is protected by design. That is whay you are being prevented from accessing it.

Be sure you know why you want access. Make sure you have an appropriate backup before proceeding. You do use disk imaging routinely as so often recommended here, I hope e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + large enough external storage for image files.

See:
    How to Get Access to WindowsApps Folder in Windows 10

dalchina, May 20, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 20, 2020
Thema:

1. windows 10 preventing me to access/open windowsApp folder - Similar Threads - preventing access open

2. Get access to a app folder in the windowsapps folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Get access to a app folder in the windowsapps folder: I would like to install mods using the curseforge app for Minecraft Dungeons but the launch button doesn't work and I know how to fix it but I can't modify anything in the Minecraft Dungeons folder and I already have access to the windowsapps folder...
  3. Get access to a app folder in the windowsapps folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get access to a app folder in the windowsapps folder: I would like to install mods using the curseforge app for Minecraft Dungeons but the launch button doesn't work and I know how to fix it but I can't modify anything in the Minecraft Dungeons folder and I already have access to the windowsapps folder...
  4. Accessing the WindowsApp folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing the WindowsApp folder: As the title states, I am trying to access the WindowsApp folder. However none of what I've found online has helped me acess it. I've tried changing owners, but I have failed. My PC is an HP Laptop with Windows 10 installed. Thanks for all of the help!...
  5. Accessing the WindowsApp folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing the WindowsApp folder: As the title states, I am trying to access the WindowsApp folder. However none of what I've found online has helped me acess it. I've tried changing owners, but I have failed. My PC is an HP Laptop with Windows 10 installed. Thanks for all of the help!...
  6. Accessing the WindowsApp folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Can't Access WindowsApps Folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Access WindowsApps Folder: [ATTACH] I'm trying to access this folder but it keeps giving me this message: https://preview.redd.it/hy5suprzyd561.jpg?width=1921&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=c9ef85f9dd131e1ddbfd0f012f1c5692795c202b I click Continue and the following window comes up:...
  8. Folder access denied windowsapps

Folder access denied windowsapps: I’m trying to add a file into a folder in my windowsapps folder however I just keep getting “Destination Folder Access Denied” I’m the admin I have ownership and full control submitted by /u/itsdopeyvp [link] [comments]...
  9. Folder access denied windowsapps

Folder access denied windowsapps: I’m trying to add a file into a folder in my windowsapps folder however I just keep getting “Destination Folder Access Denied” I’m the admin I have ownership and full control submitted by /u/itsdopeyvp [link] [comments]...
  10. Cannot access the WindowsApps folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot access the WindowsApps folder: Hi, I am trying to open the WindowsApps (win 10, 2004) folder but am denied. I go through the various windows (security tab, etc.) but no dice. Can someone help? Thanks 160137