Windows 10: Windows 10 preview brings improvements to taskbar jump list, touch keyboard

Discus and support Windows 10 preview brings improvements to taskbar jump list, touch keyboard in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A new preview build 21301, which appears to be a part of the Windows 10 fall 2021 update, is now rolling out with improvements for the taskbar-based... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jan 27, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 preview brings improvements to taskbar jump list, touch keyboard

A new preview build 21301, which appears to be a part of the Windows 10 fall 2021 update, is now rolling out with improvements for the taskbar-based jump list menu, trackpad settings, and built-in touch keyboard.

For those unfamiliar, jump list menu shows up on taskbar when you right-click on programs which are running on the desktop. The jump list menu or taskbar content menu gives you access to recently opened files in File Explorer, browsers tabs, recent documents, and more.

Microsoft is now working on a new feature that will allow you to find the file location directly from the jump list. For instance, you can now right-click on Microsoft Word to access a new option called “Open File Location”, which lets you find the location of the recently opened documents.

This new option is being introduced for added convenience and Microsoft also appears to be exploring performance improvements for the jump list.

In Windows 10, there is a bug where you have to wait a while for the jump list options to appear on the taskbar. The company is still investigating the reports, and more details will be shared soon.

The touch keyboard design is getting better

Microsoft is working on a new touch keyboard design with a new password feedback icon and a new gripper region at the top of the touch keyboard for faster typing experience, especially when you switch to the small keyboard layout.

Windows 10 preview brings improvements to taskbar jump list, touch keyboard Touch-keyboard.jpg

In addition to the new design, Microsoft is also updated the backend dictionaries to improve Windows 10’s built-in spellchecker and text prediction. There’s another experiment that aims to reduce the clutter by displaying only five text suggestions above the keyboard.

Last but not the least, Microsoft is also testing a new touchpad setting that will no longer administrator privileges. This will allow you to quickly turn on or off the touchpad without admin privileges.

The post Windows 10 preview brings improvements to taskbar jump list, touch keyboard appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jan 27, 2021
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Microsoft Office Taskbar Jump Lists

Hi Ken,

For us to better assist you with the taskbar Jump Lists issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Does the issue also occur on other pinned apps/files?

In the meantime, we suggest to turn off/on Jump Lists in Settings. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Personalization.
    • In the left pane, click Start.
    • Turn Off then turn On Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on the Start or the taskbar.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    cannot turn off jump list

Hi Rohit,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the Jump Lists on Windows 10:

• Go to Start menu, search Settings, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Start.
    • Turn off the Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Jan 27, 2021
  4. KenXY Win User

Microsoft Office Taskbar Jump Lists

There was a Windows update about a week ago. Seems like this issue has been plaguing me for more than that but can't say for sure....

The issue occurs for all pinned apps. (i.e. no jump lists for any icon on the taskbar)

I did as suggested to turn off/turn on the jump list setting--no change. I still can't get them.

Help is greatly appreciated!!

KenXY, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 preview brings improvements to taskbar jump list, touch keyboard - Similar Threads - preview brings improvements

2. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25163 brings a new Taskbar Overflow, improvements to...

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25163 brings a new Taskbar Overflow, improvements to...: Microsoft has released the Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25163 for users on the Dev Channel. It introduces a new Taskbar Overflow, improvements to nearby sharing, OneDrive and the Microsoft Store. [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25163 New Taskbar...
  3. Keyboards listed in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboards listed in taskbar: I presently have 3 keyboards listed in my task bar but I only want one. I can't remove the others even though under Preferred Languages I have removed the 2 English keyboards. I only want the FRA keyboard. Because there are other ones, they switch when they detect that I am...
  4. Keyboards listed in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboards listed in taskbar: I presently have 3 keyboards listed in my task bar but I only want one. I can't remove the others even though under Preferred Languages I have removed the 2 English keyboards. I only want the FRA keyboard. Because there are other ones, they switch when they detect that I am...
  5. Add mnemonics to windows 10 taskbar jump lists context

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add mnemonics to windows 10 taskbar jump lists context: A mnemonics I use all the time in the taskbar pinned app context, rightclick a recent file, F to remove from the recent list., has gone in windows 10.How do I reassign the mnemonic F to the "Remove from this list"?...
  6. Add mnemonics to windows 10 taskbar jump lists context

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add mnemonics to windows 10 taskbar jump lists context: A mnemonics I use all the time in the taskbar pinned app context, rightclick a recent file, F to remove from the recent list., has gone in windows 10.How do I reassign the mnemonic F to the "Remove from this list"?...
  7. Add mnemonics to windows 10 taskbar jump lists context

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Taskbar Jump List - Get it Back

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Jump List - Get it Back: Since the taskbar jump list (recent files) has been removed, is there some registry edits that can be made to return the functionality/ submitted by /u/super_delegate [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fclp1k/taskbar_jump_list_get_it_back/
  9. Is it possible to create custom taskbar jump lists in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to create custom taskbar jump lists in Windows 10?: Hey, my taskbar is filling up pretty quickly and I wanted to know if there is a way (if possible without 3rd party apps) to create custom jump lists for the taskbar in the latest version of Windows 10. Here's a crude Paint job of what I had in mind: [img] rgds 8999
  10. Taskbar program Jump List disappears

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar program Jump List disappears: Hi, I'm running the latest version of Windows 10 Pro and I have somewhat of a quirky problem. My taskbar is at the bottom of the screen but I have it expanded to 2 rows, e.g. twice as "thick" vertically as the default. When I right-click on any pinned icons on the bottom...