Windows 10: Windows 10 preview update comes with faster app animations and more

Discus and support Windows 10 preview update comes with faster app animations and more in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is rolling out a new preview build from the next big Windows 10 release branch and it comes with multiple improvements for users. As... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Dec 10, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 preview update comes with faster app animations and more

Microsoft is rolling out a new preview build from the next big Windows 10 release branch and it comes with multiple improvements for users. As correctly predicted by our sources, Windows 10 Build 21277 from the RS_PRERELEASE branch is now rolling out to the testers as an ‘optional update’.

The biggest highlight of Windows 10 Build 21277 is support for x64 apps emulation for Windows 10 on ARM PCs. In this preview build, testers can install x64 apps from the Microsoft Store or independent websites and run those apps via the built-in emulator with increased performance.

This build will allow users to run Chrome, Autodesk, Rocket League and other apps using the new x64 emulation layer.

Faster animations

In case you’ve been wondering, Windows 10 applies animations to pretty much every corner including menus, notification, transitions between activities, dialogs, etc.

Windows 10 has always used some hardware acceleration to improve the animations speed of both desktop and Microsoft Store apps.

Microsoft has now confirmed that it’s working on a new change that will make the transition jerk-free. Windows 10 Build 21277 comes with smoother transition feature for the animation that appears when opening or closing an app window. This change applies to Edge, Chrome, Store, and other apps.

In addition to faster animations, Microsoft will finally allow users to remove the built-in snipping tool from the Optional features page in the Settings

If you use the modern snipping experience, you can now take a screenshot of your screen and paste it directly into a folder of your choice in the File Explorer.

Microsoft has also made improvements to the graphs in Task Manager’s Performance tab and updated the folder logic in Start Menu’s all apps list to reduce clutter.

Microsoft is currently working on two feature updates – Windows 10 21H1 (minor update) and 21H2 (major update), but it’s unclear when these changes will be released to non-Insiders.

The post Windows 10 preview update comes with faster app animations and more appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Dec 10, 2020
  2. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

These are the official EASy steps on how to do it. How to install Windows 10 Preview to your Windows Phone

There very simple and i've already tried them. The problem that i face is that the software (this app) does not find any updates for me .
    Many people across the world have this issues .So you need the proxy etc thing to get it to work.

3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Windows 10 preview update comes with faster app animations and more [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows Phones
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Thema:

1. Windows 10 preview update comes with faster app animations and more - Similar Threads - preview update comes

2. Microsoft hints that Windows 10 will get more new animations

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft hints that Windows 10 will get more new animations: Windows 10 Sun Valley Update (version 21H2) is expected to introduce new visual improvements for the operating system, which includes new Fluent Design tweaks and there’ll be some other visual updates as well, such as improved animations. In Windows 10 21H2 preview builds,...
  3. Windows 10 is getting faster and smoother app opening animations

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is getting faster and smoother app opening animations: In the second half of 2021, Windows 10 is getting an overhauled interface with a new look that boasts Fluent Design and WinUI. The changes include a new Start Menu, taskbar, and including various animations – and they’ll start appearing in the preview builds in the coming...
  4. Using more cores faster?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using more cores faster?: I hate to bug the staff team, but if i change the ammount of processors from 1 to 4 will it speed up my computer, or will it put it in a boot loop, because i heard some people say it put it in a boot loop. :/...
  5. Sticky Notes 3.0 for Windows 10 will come with improved animations, dark theme and more

in Windows 10 News
    Sticky Notes 3.0 for Windows 10 will come with improved animations, dark theme and more: Sticky Notes is part of the Windows operating system for years now and it’s getting better with every release. It basically allows you to create and place notes on the screen and it would remind you of things you might want to do in the future Microsoft is working on a new...
  6. More Memory mean faster Gaming?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    More Memory mean faster Gaming?: I was wondering if an upgrade from 8gigs of memory to 16gigs of memory would effect my FPS in gaming? This is the memory in thinking about buying: Corsair Vengeance Performance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3L 1600MHz PC3 12800 Laptop Memory Kit CMSX16GX3M2B1600C9 at Amazon.com...
  7. Office Preview apps for Windows 10 updated

in Windows 10 News
    Office Preview apps for Windows 10 updated: Back in February of this year Microsoft made preview versions of Word, PowerPoint, Excel and OneNote available for anyone running the Windows 10 Technical Preview. These apps were the long awaited touch enabled/enhanced versions of the popular Office software programs and...
  8. Delivering a faster and more responsive Outlook.com

in Windows 10 News
    Delivering a faster and more responsive Outlook.com: Making your email experience as fast as possible is a goal shared across the Outlook.com team—from product designers to storage architects. Some of that work happens in the UI—an example of this is the significantly speedier web experience we introduced in the new Outlook.com...
  9. Skype Universal Windows Platform app Preview for Windows 10 is coming

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Universal Windows Platform app Preview for Windows 10 is coming: We’ve been listening, and we’ve heard you. In the coming weeks, we’ll release the first version of the Skype Universal Windows Platform Preview app to our Windows Insiders for testing. You may be wondering why, and what this means for the Skype experiences you are using on...
  10. Animated GIF Support Comes to Mail app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Animated GIF Support Comes to Mail app in Windows 10: In the 71st episode of The Email Design Podcast, Kevin Mandeville and Jason Rodriguez announce the support of animated GIFs in Windows 10 Mail, the resolution of image gaps bug in Outlook.com and Office 365, faking video in email with CSS animated sprites, and more....