Windows 10: Windows 10 preview went weird on me

Discus and support Windows 10 preview went weird on me in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Not impressed with Build 10130 *Sad I logged into that drive a few days ago and like always I check to see if any updates are available. There were 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scramjet, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Scramjet Win User

Windows 10 preview went weird on me

Not impressed with Build 10130 *Sad
    I logged into that drive a few days ago and like always I check to see if any updates are available. There were 3 there and was already started to download. I can't remember what the KB files were but anyways they downloaded and installed no problem and then required a restart.
    That's when the problem started. It would not start so I got the option to reset, troubleshoot etc screen. I first tried the fix option but that didn't work so then after trying other options I finally decided to go back to previous version. ...that didn't work.
    I come to realize that MS never changed much. 1% of the time I can get any option to work in Windows ( I am talking about any version even back to windows 98 lol). I am sure many have experienced that lol 99% of the time we always have to do a clean install of any windows *Sad
    I am sooo afraid when the time comes to upgrade my Windows 8.1 and my wife's laptop with Windows 7 *Sad

Finally I figured it may be the SSD drive so I installed it on a 250gb sata drive. Nothing plugged in but the one drive for a clean install of 10130. It installed fine and now the updates are stuck at 70% for 1/2 hr with many downloading and others waiting to install but none installing. Guess I will have to be patient and try to finish those another time before the next build come along..
    I read here that some were having problems with this build. I didn't until the other day. All seemed to be working fine until then *Sad
    The programs and games I installed on the SSD are lost now cause it seems Windows 10 don't want to boot that one.
    The SSD drive worked fine all along with all the other builds.
    Just wanted to rant a bit considering I planned to install more programs to test the other day and now all this and back to square one *Sad
    Hope you all had a better weekend than me *Smile

cheers

:)

Scramjet, Jun 21, 2015

2. System Restore returns Windows 10 to Proinsider Preview

Well heck. I went from Windows 7 Ultimate to Win 10 Insider preview then upgraded to full windows 10. I then did a restore system and now back to Preview. Why won't this Win 10 Pro Insider Preview upgrade to Windows 10 and put me back where I was? When
    I attempt to go back to Win 7 I get a message that files have been deleted.

JimWatkins, Jun 21, 2015
  3. I had the full version of Windows 10 but when I updated the system I got the Insider Preview

Hello,

I had the Insider Preview and on 27th July I installed the update for the Preview. To my surprise instead of getting the preview I got the full Windows 10 Pro version. And a couple of days back there was an update bothering me, so I installed it and when
    I logged in it went to a different preview build. How do I fix this? Please help.

I want to ask Microsoft that when are the going to let the preview users upgrade to Windows 10.

Thank You

Regards

Zaid

ZaidManiyar®, Jun 21, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 preview went weird on me

1. Windows 10 preview went weird on me - Similar Threads - preview went weird

2. Thumbnail Preview will not disable for me in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnail Preview will not disable for me in Windows 11: Even with the 'Always Show Icons, Never Thumbnails' checkbox unticked, I'm still getting the thumbnail previews. Any other ideas how to remove them? Thanks....
  3. Thumbnail Preview will not disable for me in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumbnail Preview will not disable for me in Windows 11: Even with the 'Always Show Icons, Never Thumbnails' checkbox unticked, I'm still getting the thumbnail previews. Any other ideas how to remove them? Thanks....
  4. Weird Bug with Electron Apps in Windows 10 Insider Preview (Build 21337)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Bug with Electron Apps in Windows 10 Insider Preview (Build 21337): Hi everyone. I hope it's not off-topic since it is about an Insider Preview build. Disclaimer - I know I've been dumb: I have been in the Insider program for years, actively giving feedbacks on the latest builds, and I never had a problem with my old laptop. When I got this...
  5. Taskbar Thumbnail Preview Acting Weird

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Thumbnail Preview Acting Weird: Hi, I'm a minor that just wanted to know what was going on. My operating system is Windows 10 Home. Usually, when you scroll your cursor over a taskbar icon, it shows a little picture, or thumbnail, of what it is if it's open. My problem is that sometimes, when I do this,...
  6. Help me please windows acting weird

Help me please windows acting weird: Hey, ive been stuck with this problem for like 9 hours. When i open windows its starts up normaly but no program that usually will start on startup opens, i cant open the task manager, and the taskbar is not working (only the file explorer opens but after like 30 sec) I tried...
  7. Weird Program Trying to Open [PREVIEW]

Weird Program Trying to Open [PREVIEW]: [SERIOUS REPLYS ONLY, THIS IS REAL, NO MEMES] Everyday at around 5:01 AM, a Windows popup asks how I want to open this program (Just like the 'open with' command), this has been happening for a while and I never opened it because I didn't know what it was. I don't think it...
  8. File Explorer Preview Went Away........

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer Preview Went Away........: New PC. File Explorer WAS working, then quit. Windows 10 Pro. Deleted One Drive. Using DropBox instead. Deleted Microsoft Office suite. Using LibraOffice instead. Ticked / tried every Preview Option in the ribbon, nothing. Can’t preveiw anything anymore, (doc, docx,...
  9. Windows Pro running well, the went weird

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Pro running well, the went weird: I need to load the latest win pro insider, seems like my computer went backwards in time. Oh yah I have been a Insider since release of 10 and I had 8 pro so I want 10 pro back... Can someone help me get it back, reload and don't loose Chrome. I use it for church, If Idont...
  10. Win 10 preview never worked for me... but......

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 preview never worked for me... but......: I tried many times to get win 10 preview to work on my Samsung RV511 laptop which easily meets all the requirements.... it hangs immediately at the logo screen when trying to install. Naturally, I could get it running in a VM but that doesn't allow the OS to use the real...