Windows 10: Windows 10 Preview Won't Ship to Standard Users

Discus and support Windows 10 Preview Won't Ship to Standard Users in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft yesterday released a brand new tool that allows Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 computers to install Windows 10 Technical Preview... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Dec 23, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Windows 10 Preview Won't Ship to Standard Users

More

labeeman, Dec 23, 2014
  2. Edwin New Member

Could you not become an Insider by switching to or creating a new MS Account?

:)

Edwin, Dec 23, 2014
  3. Lumia 930

The preview is not a stop gap. The preview is exactly what it sounds like....it is a preview of Windows 10 mobile that has been available for power users since the early development of windows 10 mobile. It has gone through many iterations since it was introduced
    and is now at about the same place in development as the finished, shipping version of windows 10 mobile on new devices being presently shipped.

The REASON I answered your first question by "mentioning" (your word not mine) the Windows 10 Preview is because that IS the topic of discussion and context of THIS thread. YOU resurrected this old thread and YOU diverted the discussion to a different topic
    by posting a question to this thread that had no bearing or relevance to the topic that had been discussed in this thread last Spring.

Don't worry, I won't waste any more time with any more of your questions or posts....

Julie fka profjulie, Dec 23, 2014
  4. RayNokes Win User

After Windows 10 update unable to change user type from standard to administrator. Prior to update was set as administrator.

After Windows 10 update unable to change user type from standard to administrator. Prior to update was set as administrator. Simple route thru control panel to change user type impossible. Set as standard and won't allow change to administrator. Got
    any ideas.

Thanks

Ray

RayNokes, Dec 23, 2014
  5. As far as I know this is the only place to sign up for the insiders program,
    I suppose you could sign up with another Microsoft account,
    Windows Insider Program | Get the latest Windows features

I suppose this new tool kit.. you would sign in with the same Microsoft account :/
    Doesn't say much about if you might be using a local account or if that makes any difference ?
    Seeing as it's being offered to 7'ers too Microsoft account for login would not be possible anyway only local accounts there *Wink

ThrashZone, Dec 23, 2014
  6. Tony K Win User
    Some members were claiming that one needed a MS account to become an insider and use the app. That's not to say one needs to sign into their device with a MS account to use 10TP. I suppose one has to sign in when opening the app? Not sure. Perhaps someone will share that info?

I've had a MS account since inception and used it to sign into my tower since 8RP. Same account for my Lumia WP8.1.

Tony K, Dec 23, 2014
  7. wptski Win User
    I just Google'd "W10TP Insider", clicked on a hit, a popup stated about new rules for January update, clicked on that, agreed to terms, join Insider and it stated that I was one already! Hmmm...

I never have before but opened the Insider Hub and it said "Welcome Back Insider" so I guess that I'm good for the January update.

wptski, Dec 23, 2014
  8. groze Win User

Are they going to have two versions then? One tech preview and one consumer preview. Microsoft said they would release a consumer preview in January and a lot of news sites reported such and still are. The article above may imply that there will be no iso downloads for the tech release you have to download the update through windows update, so much for Microsoft listening to people.

Here is something else I just came across

Windows 10 Free Upgrade For Personal Users; Microsoft January Event to Reveal Connection with Xbox Console | Gospelherald.com

groze, Dec 24, 2014
  9. Phone Man Win User
    MS did not say they would release a Consumer Preview in Jan. They said they are having a conference on Jan 21 where they will discuss the Consumer version of Windows 10. The previous conferences have dealt with the Enterprise version. Most reports expect a Consumer Preview in late April but that is not confirmed. Until then it will only be Technical Previews for Insiders only.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Dec 24, 2014
  10. groze Win User
    Hmm? You might want to search Google.

Microsoft Schedules Windows 10 Consumer Preview Event For January : T-Lounge : Tech Times

Windows 10 Consumer Preview Expected in January-February 2015

Both say a consumer preview.

However, if Microsoft is just releasing a consumer preview to the tech insiders that is not smart in my opinion. The feedback won't be accurate, the target audience would be wrong. Microsoft needs to target the correct audiences or they are going to fail. I really hate to say this, I am a little technical myself. Most Tech people do not want the same as an end user would want.

Here is what Microsoft Needs
    Windows 10 consumer preview for end users
    Windows 10 tech preview for technical people, home businesses, small businesses & small corporations
    Windows 10 Enterprise preview version for big corporations

groze, Dec 24, 2014
  11. Phone Man Win User
    As I posted: Ms is having a conference to reveal (preview) what will be in the Consumer Version of W10. They did NOT say they would release a working Consumer Preview to the public or anyone else. All these tech blogs are ASSUMING it would be released on Jan 21 but MS has NOT said that. Not one of those Blogs has quoted MS on when the Consumer Preview will be released, just that MS will reveal what is planed to be in the Consumer version on Jan 21.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Dec 24, 2014
  12. groze Win User
    Microsoft continues tinkering with Windows 10 preview - CNET

We are both correct, there is going to be both.

In bold it says that is still there plan for a consumer preview. I hope it is not April like you said, because that suppose to be windows 10 release date unless that has changed as well. There might blacklash, if they don't release a consumer preview by the End of January or beginning of February. Like you said a lot of articles even some Microsoft Partners implied a consumer preview in Jan or Feb 2015

One Consumer preview for the end user
    One Tech preview
    One Enterprise preview

groze, Dec 24, 2014
  13. Wynona Win User

All you need to do to become a Windows Insider is to sign up for it. At least, that's what I did. I'm not sure if the ISO's available unless you're an Insider.

Wynona, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Preview Won't Ship to Standard Users - Similar Threads - Preview Won't Ship

2. Windows 10 standard user

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 standard user: I cannot make a standard user for Win 10. Every time I do it does not allow a sign on, it immediately "logs out". If I change the type to administrator there is no problem. I ran scan/chk disk, no problem. No viruses....
  3. Windows Preview Pane Has No Previews. Standard Fixes Not Effective

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Preview Pane Has No Previews. Standard Fixes Not Effective: The usual recommendations for not seeing file previews in the Windows Preview Pane have not worked in this situation. Additional knowhow needed. Windows Version 1903. OS Build 18362.1082 Below are the usual recommendations in online articles and forums about this. I HAVE DONE...
  4. Make a user standard on Windows 10 home

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Make a user standard on Windows 10 home: My mother is not very computer literate, but she just bought a new laptop with Win10 home. She had partially set it up, before asking me for help since she couldn't get office to work as it kept asking her to pay for it she didn't realize that the preinstalled Office 360 was...
  5. Windows 10 PRO switching to standard user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 PRO switching to standard user account: I have followed this guide https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-windows-10-non-admin-and-why and my user account does not show in logging screen, only the new admin account is there. example My account was only in the group Administrators, and not in Users as shown on the...
  6. standard user

in Windows 10 Customization
    standard user: see attachments. when i view my account settings i see that i'm an administrator, but when use control panel/user accounts/change your account type, it seems to think i am already a standard user. the way UAC acts, it seems to think i am an administrator. which is...
  7. Shipping

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shipping: Hello, how many days is delivery to Bulgaria for the Razer Deathadder Elite mouse? I'm sorry to ask this question here Windows category I just don't know where to ask. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shipping/b32f2f17-436e-425b-9e12-1f991119916b
  8. Microsoft has again shipped wrong update to Windows 10 users

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft has again shipped wrong update to Windows 10 users: Back in October, Microsoft pushed a patch for Autopilot-powered Windows 10 devices to everyone and the update was pulled after the company realized its mistake. Microsoft has repeated the same mistake again and another Windows 10 Autopilot update ‘KB4532441’ was rolled out...
  9. administrator user changed to standard user

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrator user changed to standard user: I have changed my administrator user to standard user. Know i need to login with admin user. I am using windows 10. There was only administrator user which i have changed to standard user. How can i get back admin user. I also can't open cmd "run as administrator". Showing...
  10. Will Windows 10 Ship With Outlook?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Will Windows 10 Ship With Outlook?: I have read in a couple of different places that Windows 10 will ship with Outlook straight out of the box. If this is true, then there will be no incentive for me to buy Microsoft Office Professional. Does anybody know if this is true. ~Windows 10 preview now includes...