Windows 10: Windows 10 - Price?

Discus and support Windows 10 - Price? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't know if this question is already asked, but I'm curious will this be a free since I heard Windows 9 will be free, but looks like they renamed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shadow, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Shadow Win User

Windows 10 - Price?

I don't know if this question is already asked, but I'm curious will this be a free since I heard Windows 9 will be free, but looks like they renamed it to Windows 10, or there will be a standard price for this Windows 19?

:)

Shadow, Oct 4, 2014

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Oct 4, 2014
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Oct 4, 2014
  4. Dude Win User

Windows 10 - Price?

That's still up in the air. Some people have said it will be free for Win 8 users ( A quick google search will show the source) but nothing is official yet.

Dude, Oct 4, 2014
  5. No price known yet

There has been talk about it possibly being a cheap upgrade cost from previous versions, but nothing from MS yet about it

paulsalter, Oct 4, 2014
  6. I'm pretty sure it won't be any different that 8 when it first hit the market,
    19.99 upgrades,
    As far as win-8 goes it might be free it's any ones guess
    I believe the real target was win-7'ers to upgrade *Wink

ThrashZone, Oct 4, 2014
  7. Whatever the intro price is it will be worth it. Learned my lesson last time around.
    After the dust settles, the price go's up. I will get the Pro version this time and hope there is a ISO available to do a clean install at will.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Oct 4, 2014
  8. bromanbro Win User

Windows 10 - Price?

I like Windows 10, but Windows 8 was already pretty damn optimized, was $15, and works perfectly with Classic Shell. If Windows 10 is more then $15, I won't get it (even tho it's great)

[removed by admin]

bromanbro, Oct 4, 2014
  9. LittleJay Win User
    If the upgrade price from W8.1 Pro is free, or MS offers a cheap promotion like they did with W8, I will probably do so.

LittleJay, Oct 4, 2014
  10. Absolutely, even though I did not like 8, 8.1 is not bad and if I had never seen 7 it would have been even better. I ended up with 3 x 8.1 licences and I am positive I will buy Windows 10 when it RTM. Now it might be a year or so before I switch to it (I did that with 7 upgraded Sept 2010) I will purchase some licences when they are super cheap. One can never have too many Windows licences.

Indianatone, Oct 4, 2014
  11. Koub777 Win User
    I will not do the same mistake again, as i did with Windows 8. I will buy 2 licences for my PCs when they will be cheap, because later Microsoft can change the price to higher levels.

Koub777, Oct 4, 2014
  12. Lensman Win User
    I have always found that a clean install from a DVD works best for me. When Win 10 ships, I will be first in line for a copy, as I don't mind paying a fair price for software.

Lensman, Oct 4, 2014
  13. Windows 10 - Price?

We should all get spare ISO's if there is a free D/L site after purchasing the key.

I would be afraid they would make it disappear like they did with 7.

14. DocBrown Win User
    Knowing MicroSoft, they like to get Heavy Prices for their Operating Systems *Huh

Windows 10 - Price? [​IMG]

Yap Stone Money, or Rai, are some of the most intriguing forms of currency in the world. Rai are smooth and round calcite stones indigenous to the Palau group of Islands. Centuries ago, after the Rai stones were quarried, they were expeditiously transferred back to the island of Yap.
    The Rai stones provenance can be traced back to the Island of Yap in the early 1800s, where they played an integral part of Yap’s financial system. Rai stones were used as a trading medium at the time, a practice that continues to this day, although, on a much smaller scale. The stones can be referred to as Fei, Stone Money or Yap Stones, but it’s the original name of Rai that remains most common today. Most examples of Rai stones are considered rare and sacred amongst the predominant Yap people.

DocBrown, Oct 4, 2014
  15. Doc has been playing with the gigawatts again

[youtube]I5cYgRnfFDA[/youtube]

Thema:

Windows 10 - Price?

1. Windows 10 - Price? - Similar Threads - Price

2. 2 errors for the price of 1!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 errors for the price of 1!: I'm having TWO issues which i think they're the most important, It is.. Event 161 volmgr, which by reading the description it takes control of minidumps so they are out of the question, and Event 7000... And Event 41.The two errors I normally get per Bsod are...
  3. 2 errors for the price of 1!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 errors for the price of 1!: I'm having TWO issues which i think they're the most important, It is.. Event 161 volmgr, which by reading the description it takes control of minidumps so they are out of the question, and Event 7000... And Event 41.The two errors I normally get per Bsod are...
  4. Microsoft reveals Windows 10 ESU pricing: starts at $61

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals Windows 10 ESU pricing: starts at $61: Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system is nearing the end of its life. Come October 2025, support for the operating system ends officially. Microsoft announced that it is going to offer ESU, Extended Security Updates, for at least three years. This means that organizations...
  5. How can I verify if Windows keys being sold at a cheaper price on certain websites are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I verify if Windows keys being sold at a cheaper price on certain websites are...: I am currently a student and I need to renew my PC's Windows license. However, the license keys listed on certain websites are too expensive for me at the moment. During my search, I came across a website that sells license keys at a significantly lower price. However, I am...
  6. How can I verify if Windows keys being sold at a cheaper price on certain websites are...

How can I verify if Windows keys being sold at a cheaper price on certain websites are...: I am currently a student and I need to renew my PC's Windows license. However, the license keys listed on certain websites are too expensive for me at the moment. During my search, I came across a website that sells license keys at a significantly lower price. However, I am...
  7. MS Money showing Investment 'Last Price' in GBP equivalent rather than original currency

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Money showing Investment 'Last Price' in GBP equivalent rather than original currency: I recently added a new investment and account in USD, my base currency is GBP. When I view the account summary it shows the Cost and Market value in USD but the Last price in GBP equivalent. I have other investments in C$ and EUR which show the Last Price in their original...
  8. MS Money showing Investment 'Last Price' in GBP equivalent rather than original currency

MS Money showing Investment 'Last Price' in GBP equivalent rather than original currency: I recently added a new investment and account in USD, my base currency is GBP. When I view the account summary it shows the Cost and Market value in USD but the Last price in GBP equivalent. I have other investments in C$ and EUR which show the Last Price in their original...
  9. Can I use a gift card to lower the price on something on the Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use a gift card to lower the price on something on the Microsoft Store?: I want to buy Minecraft again since I missed my due date to swich accounts, however I found it to be a little expensive, so I was wondering if I could use Microsoft Rewards to redeem multiple gift cards that might lower the price. Since the points that I have are not enough...
  10. Can I use a gift card to lower the price on something on the Microsoft Store?

Can I use a gift card to lower the price on something on the Microsoft Store?: I want to buy Minecraft again since I missed my due date to swich accounts, however I found it to be a little expensive, so I was wondering if I could use Microsoft Rewards to redeem multiple gift cards that might lower the price. Since the points that I have are not enough...