Windows 10: Windows 10 - Price?

Discus and support Windows 10 - Price? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'll get it at some point. Trouble is I'm still mostly reliant on Windows 7, I love it. My time spent with 8.1 is minimal and I can't see that much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shadow, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Boozad Win User

Windows 10 - Price?

I'll get it at some point. Trouble is I'm still mostly reliant on Windows 7, I love it. My time spent with 8.1 is minimal and I can't see that much difference between that and 10 so I can't make my mind up whether to keep 10 in a VM or replace my 8.1 install (which I'm growing more fond of with Start8 installed).

Boozad, Oct 5, 2014
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

I would keep windows 10. I like 7 very much. Specially its smart looks over everything. But windows 10 offers all the good things of 8 and 8.1 those are over 7 and none of the bad things (at least till now).

I had many a things against 8, but till now I dont have anything against 10. Though I am not happy with its appearance (taskbar, start menu and window frames) but it is expected that a third party theme will take good care of it.

From the previous experience we can expect that MS will go for a penetrating pricing policy in the initial stage, will get it at that time.

3. Boozad Win User
    Yeah I'll get it early Arc to take advantage of the introductory price. Chances are I'll upgrade my 8.1 install to 10 to dual boot with 7. I suppose at least I'll have a spare 8.1 Pro retail key for use in emergencies.

Boozad, Oct 5, 2014
  4. Windows 10 - Price?

I'll get it if it's a good intro price like they did with 7. I got that at a good price and put it on my Vista machine. I very rarely use that machine now since getting my 8 laptop. Trouble with that though is it came with the machine.

I really like 8 and use it all the time but I've just started to try out 10 in a VM since yesterday so got a lot of catching up to do to find my way around it and find out any problems there may be. *Wink

Joan Archer, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - Price?

1. Windows 10 - Price? - Similar Threads - Price

2. 2 errors for the price of 1!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 errors for the price of 1!: I'm having TWO issues which i think they're the most important, It is.. Event 161 volmgr, which by reading the description it takes control of minidumps so they are out of the question, and Event 7000... And Event 41.The two errors I normally get per Bsod are...
  3. 2 errors for the price of 1!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 errors for the price of 1!: I'm having TWO issues which i think they're the most important, It is.. Event 161 volmgr, which by reading the description it takes control of minidumps so they are out of the question, and Event 7000... And Event 41.The two errors I normally get per Bsod are...
  4. Microsoft reveals Windows 10 ESU pricing: starts at $61

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals Windows 10 ESU pricing: starts at $61: Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system is nearing the end of its life. Come October 2025, support for the operating system ends officially. Microsoft announced that it is going to offer ESU, Extended Security Updates, for at least three years. This means that organizations...
  5. How can I verify if Windows keys being sold at a cheaper price on certain websites are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I verify if Windows keys being sold at a cheaper price on certain websites are...: I am currently a student and I need to renew my PC's Windows license. However, the license keys listed on certain websites are too expensive for me at the moment. During my search, I came across a website that sells license keys at a significantly lower price. However, I am...
  6. How can I verify if Windows keys being sold at a cheaper price on certain websites are...

How can I verify if Windows keys being sold at a cheaper price on certain websites are...: I am currently a student and I need to renew my PC's Windows license. However, the license keys listed on certain websites are too expensive for me at the moment. During my search, I came across a website that sells license keys at a significantly lower price. However, I am...
  7. MS Money showing Investment 'Last Price' in GBP equivalent rather than original currency

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Money showing Investment 'Last Price' in GBP equivalent rather than original currency: I recently added a new investment and account in USD, my base currency is GBP. When I view the account summary it shows the Cost and Market value in USD but the Last price in GBP equivalent. I have other investments in C$ and EUR which show the Last Price in their original...
  8. MS Money showing Investment 'Last Price' in GBP equivalent rather than original currency

MS Money showing Investment 'Last Price' in GBP equivalent rather than original currency: I recently added a new investment and account in USD, my base currency is GBP. When I view the account summary it shows the Cost and Market value in USD but the Last price in GBP equivalent. I have other investments in C$ and EUR which show the Last Price in their original...
  9. Can I use a gift card to lower the price on something on the Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use a gift card to lower the price on something on the Microsoft Store?: I want to buy Minecraft again since I missed my due date to swich accounts, however I found it to be a little expensive, so I was wondering if I could use Microsoft Rewards to redeem multiple gift cards that might lower the price. Since the points that I have are not enough...
  10. Can I use a gift card to lower the price on something on the Microsoft Store?

Can I use a gift card to lower the price on something on the Microsoft Store?: I want to buy Minecraft again since I missed my due date to swich accounts, however I found it to be a little expensive, so I was wondering if I could use Microsoft Rewards to redeem multiple gift cards that might lower the price. Since the points that I have are not enough...