Windows 10: Windows 10 Pricing: Some questions answered, more info coming soon

Discus and support Windows 10 Pricing: Some questions answered, more info coming soon in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; On January 21, Microsoft held a press conference where they discussed the next chapter of Windows, and showcased a lot of cool new features that are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Feb 2, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Windows 10 Pricing: Some questions answered, more info coming soon

Source

labeeman, Feb 2, 2015
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

I think the whole question of Subscription services has been mooted before.

While Some (and actually a diminishing number) might consider a subscription model for things like Office and Photoshop I think as far as an OS is concerned for the average user the answer is a RESOUNDING NO.

There's enough evidence already to show this model doesn't work --how many "Joe blogs" buy computers from typical retail stores with a lot of "trialware" installed and actually renew the subscription when the trial runs out. Probably less than 1%.

Even IPhone (Apple) users would baulk at paying for an update. On a Windows OS used by millions it JUST WOULD NOT WORK in any case.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Feb 2, 2015
  3. gerrymoth Win User
    New E66 (E71?) coming soon v.200.21.118?? Any more info???

Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, .....

Make the Wifi work with my Sky Branded Netgear Router Windows 10 Pricing: Some questions answered, more info coming soon :)

gerrymoth, Feb 2, 2015
  4. phedders Win User

New E66 (E71?) coming soon v.200.21.118?? Any more info???

Please please please make it fix bluetooth!!!

phedders, Feb 2, 2015
  5. Wynona Win User
    I'm with you, Jimbo.

I'm willing to pay for a subscription to Office 365 because Home Premium costs $99 per year. In and of itself, that would be a show stopper; however, my license is for five desktops and five mobile machines, such as laptops and tablets.

I am not willing to pay for a Windows subscription simply because it wouldn't be as practical. I'm pretty sure a subscription would be for one computer only. Computers last a long time and subscriptions could get rather costly.

As for Adobe, Corel's Paint Shop Pro does pretty much the same as Photoshop and costs a few hundred bucks less.

Wynona, Feb 3, 2015
  6. RTWFF Win User
    For those of us who were brave enough to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Technical Preview this means ... ? We already have an 8.1 licence so we just install Windows 10 over the top as, in effect, an upgrade? And it's free?

RTWFF, Feb 6, 2015
  7. Wynona Win User
    I don't know. I've been wondering the same question myself.

I do clean installs for the most part, so there's nothing left of Windows 8.1, much less Windows 7.

Wynona, Feb 6, 2015
  8. RTWFF Win User

I'm fairly lazy in that regard. The PC I'm currently using originally had Vista installed, followed by a Windows 7 Home Premium "upgrade" and then "enhanced" to Windows 7 Business, upgraded to Windows 8 Pro and now Windows 10 Technical Preview. I use Laplink's PC Mover to transfer the applications between versions. I never keep an install disk and relay on Belarc Advisor to tell me my serial numbers

RTWFF, Feb 6, 2015
  9. goatty2 Win User
    I am running windows 7 ultimate on my desktop computer does anyone know if I will get the free upgrade?

goatty2, Feb 6, 2015
  10. Berkey Win User
    According to their last release and the information they provided, 7 and 8 users should be able to upgrade for free. Upgrade through the updates system presumably, no word on separate ISOs, but in short you should be able to update

Berkey, Feb 6, 2015
  11. goatty2 Win User
    According to their last release and the information they provided, 7 and 8 users should be able to upgrade for free. Upgrade through the updates system presumably, no word on separate ISOs, but in short you should be able to update hope so as I am getting to like win 10

goatty2, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pricing: Some questions answered, more info coming soon - Similar Threads - Pricing questions answered

2. Answer the question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Answer the question: Is there for once someone from Microsoft who can give a straight answer:People have asked: What is aggregatorhost.exe and what does it do ?What we see is a lot of **** answers which is useless.So!! What is it and what does it do ?...
  3. Answer the question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Answer the question: Is there for once someone from Microsoft who can give a straight answer:People have asked: What is aggregatorhost.exe and what does it do ?What we see is a lot of **** answers which is useless.So!! What is it and what does it do ?...
  4. Question Answered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question Answered: Question Answered https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-answered/e3e18fbd-8b7a-4bb9-b364-fd84d3b5307d
  5. Question Answered

Question Answered: Question Answered https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-answered/e3e18fbd-8b7a-4bb9-b364-fd84d3b5307d
  6. question an answer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    question an answer: When I use the Preview Pane feature on the File Explorer, if I set the zoom on the monitor to be anything more than 100%, when it comes to PDF files, it cuts off the right side of the document.tweak the settings in the bottom right corner of outlook circled below. it worked...
  7. question an answer

question an answer: When I use the Preview Pane feature on the File Explorer, if I set the zoom on the monitor to be anything more than 100%, when it comes to PDF files, it cuts off the right side of the document.tweak the settings in the bottom right corner of outlook circled below. it worked...
  8. question an answer

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Coming soon: express even more in 140 characters

in Windows 10 News
    Coming soon: express even more in 140 characters: Coming soon: express even more in 140 characters Over the past decade, the Tweet has evolved from a simple 140-character text message to a rich canvas for creative expression featuring photos, videos, hashtags, Vines, and more. In just the past few months we added the...
  10. Windows 10: More free upgrade and activation questions answered

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: More free upgrade and activation questions answered: Here are a few more answers to some nagging questions about Windows 10 upgrades and activation in the post-Anniversary-Update era. Phasing out the year-long free Windows 10 upgrade promotion is, no doubt, a complicated process. But getting answers about how this process...