Windows 10: Windows 10 Print spooler crashes

Discus and support Windows 10 Print spooler crashes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Since I have noticed several question about this and all threads haven been closed... This 'my two cents'... One user claims no longer able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bart[GV], Sep 24, 2020.

1. Bart[GV] Win User

Windows 10 Print spooler crashes

Hi,

Since I have noticed several question about this and all threads haven been closed... This 'my two cents'...

One user claims no longer able to use PDF Creator. It even provokes a 'you should start print spooler first'.

When another user uses this same tool on the same machine PDF Creator works fine and other printers keep working.

When the conflicted user uses this tool again the spooler crashes again.

The conflicted user mentionned something like 'limitation of 300 uses'. I am keen to believe him.

My workaround is to advice him to use Microsoft Print to PDF.

Some other users on other machines claim to have this issue too not inspected because they claim the issue is gone with a simple reboot.

My two cents is that PDF Creator can be the cause of crashes of the print spooler.

Work setting: the machines have no access rights to Internet. Software updates are managed through SCCM after validation by the experts.

Reinstalling PDF Creator: didn't resolve the problem.
    Restarting the spooler: worked untill using PDF Creator by the conflicted user

:)

Bart[GV], Sep 24, 2020
  2. Karla Alm Win User

Print Spooler Issue

Hello Sree,

For step by step instructions on how you can manually start the Print Spooler Service, follow these:

• Click Windows tab.
    • Type Control Panel > System and Maintenance
      > Administrative Tools.
    • Double click Services.
    • Right click to the Print Spooler service > Properties.

However, we suggest you can refer to an answer given by Prabhavathi Patil on this

thread

We also recommend that you update the driver for your printer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Karla Alm, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Must restart Spooler to print

Have you set the Print Spooler server to Automatic? If you haven't, then let's do it. Follow the steps below:

• Open Services through the search box.
    • Locate Print Spooler service and double click it.
    • Once the Print Spooler Properties window is open, look for Startup type and set is to
      Automatic.
    • Check also the Service status and make sure that it is set to Started.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

In case there are other printers installed on your PC that you no longer use, we suggest that you uninstall it as it may also cause some issues with Print Spooler.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards

Vanessa Yar, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Print Spooler Restart

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The primary component of the printing interface is the print spooler. The print spooler is an executable file that manages the printing process. Here are few things that you can try:

Method 1: You will need to clear spooler files and restart the spooler service.

1. Open Run dialog (Windows Key +R) and type Services.msc
      to open Windows Services.
    2. In the Services list, double-tap (or double-click) Print Spooler. Select Stop > OK.
    3. Open Run dialog once again and type %WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers, select the file folder in the search results, and then delete all files in the folder.
    4. Open Windows Services once again as you did in step 1.
    5. In the Services list, double-tab (or double-click) Print Spooler.
    6. Select Start, and in the Startup Type list, make sure that Automatic is selected, and then select OK.

Method 2: You can follow the steps provided in the article:

Fix printer connection and printing problems in Windows 10

Hope it helps,

Naresh_K, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Print spooler crashes - Similar Threads - Print spooler crashes

2. Windows 11 Constant Print Spooler crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Constant Print Spooler crashing: 2 3 4 times a day..sometimes more my print spooler crashes. I have to go to serviced and restart. This is a fairly new HP computer and the problem started when I got the new computer. My Dell Windows 11 did not have this problem. I have the same printers on the HP as the...
  3. Windows 11 Constant Print Spooler crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Constant Print Spooler crashing: 2 3 4 times a day..sometimes more my print spooler crashes. I have to go to serviced and restart. This is a fairly new HP computer and the problem started when I got the new computer. My Dell Windows 11 did not have this problem. I have the same printers on the HP as the...
  4. print spooler

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    print spooler: print spooler is curently running but when trying toinstall printer drivers it ssy spoller has stopped but it still running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spooler/88996641-a0cf-40e6-8ec2-79d12357dfc2
  5. Print spooler

Print spooler: Just updated win 10 to latest update. Now cannot print to HP Laserjet Pro mfp 1410. The print spooler will not remain on. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spooler/fe76dc32-5978-4e2b-b195-0dcd75753c60
  6. Windows 10 1709 Print Spooler Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1709 Print Spooler Keeps Crashing: Normally this has pointed to a driver in the application logs, however, there is no faulting module path this time: Faulting application name: spoolsv.exe, version: 10.0.16299.1992, time stamp: 0xa58b4f09 Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp:...
  7. Print Spooler is constantly crashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print Spooler is constantly crashing: Dear All, Since yesterday a client's PC has constantly had its print spooler constantly terminated unexpectedly with Error Code 7031. When checking the event viewer application and system section the below is being found: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I have also tried to stopped...
  8. Windows 10 print spooler

Windows 10 print spooler: Is there a permanent fix in any Windows 10 update that corrects the issue of the print spooler failing to clear after every print job? It has become very tiresome shutting down the print services and clearing it manually or rebooting before each print job....
  9. Print Spooler crashing after Windows update

Print Spooler crashing after Windows update: A month ago my computer installed a routine Windows Update upon shut down. When I started up the next morning I couldn't print, getting an error saying I needed to install a printer to be able to print. When I clicked on the network printer I wanted to install I got another...
  10. Print Spooler

Print Spooler: My update to Windows 10 from Windows 7 went without problems but none of the three printers attached to my computer worked and I have been struggling with the problem over the last two weeks. There is another long thread "Can't connect to Printer" which has not produced a...