Windows 10: Windows 10 Print Spooler stops & Remote Procedure Call Issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Print Spooler stops & Remote Procedure Call Issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've had Windows 10 since Monday, I haven't been able to print anything, even making PDF files because the print spooler will not start. Or more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by esandage7, Aug 7, 2015.

1. esandage7 Win User

Windows 10 Print Spooler stops & Remote Procedure Call Issue

I've had Windows 10 since Monday, I haven't been able to print anything, even making PDF files because the print spooler will not start. Or more accurately, it will start and then when you try to add a printer, it will stop. When I run the printer troubleshooter it tells me it's starting and repairing the print spooler(HA), and then I click add printers and it says the "Remote Procedure Call failed", then any subsequent attempts it says "The Print Spooler needs to be started".

Am almost to the punt something thru the wall stage with this, this is my work desktop and I work remotely from home, so I'm pretty screwed if this can't be fixed. So any help over the weekend would be appreciated.

Thx-

:)

esandage7, Aug 7, 2015

2. Xerox 7855 installation issues

Hi Nachappa,

I can't even use the printer to get an error to show up! That would be considered progress Windows 10 Print Spooler stops & Remote Procedure Call Issue :)

Using Method 1: only tells me the print spooler stops during install (which I already know) So I restart the print spooler as administrator and run it again and it the print spooler crashes again. This just becomes a circular argument with the computer.

Method 2: the only dependent service is the FaX.

So I went up to fax and started that service.

Restarted the print spooler

Restarted the Remote Procedure Call

Then downloaded the following driver for my device: (as administrator)

WorkCentre 7830/7835/7845/7855 with built-in controller File Download

I run the install and I get the following error: Can't open Add Printer REMOTE PROCEDURE CALL FAILED, and I am back to square one again.

Method 3: I restarted the print spooler, checked the properties on the driver, and set compatibility for windows 8, and rand the install again and got the following error:

Can't open ADD Printer, Remote Procedure Call Failed.

So Nada, where do I go from here? Thanks for your help with this, but so far not getting decent results installing this device.

thanks

Christian

ChristianCollucci, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Rich S_16 Win User
    Print spooler shuts down, can no longer print from a Dell laptop running Windows 10.

Thank you for the rapid response.

Method 1 led back through the diagnostics, which determined that the "print Spooler service isn't running"

, as we knew. It then led to re-installing the printer and restarting the computer.

After the restart, the print spooler service still was not running.

After the computer was restarted, an attempt to manually start the spooler service resulted in

" Windows could not start the Print Spooler service on the local computer. ERROR 1067. the process terminated unexpectedly."

METHOD 2: as advised, I checked the dependencies for the print spooler service.

Listed were: HTTP Service and Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

The Remote Procedure Call was listed in the Services and was indicated to be running.

HTTP Service was NOT LISTED. Should it show up somewhere else, or is this the problem ?

Any suggestions ?

thanks.

Rich S

Rich S_16, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Print Spooler stops & Remote Procedure Call Issue

1. Windows 10 Print Spooler stops & Remote Procedure Call Issue - Similar Threads - Print Spooler stops

2. The remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The remote procedure call failed: I have the following message on pc "the remote procedure call failed " that pops up when I try to log in. I restarted a few times without any success. We had a power dip & since then I am unable to log in....
  3. The remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The remote procedure call failed: I have the following message on pc "the remote procedure call failed " that pops up when I try to log in. I restarted a few times without any success. We had a power dip & since then I am unable to log in....
  4. The remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The remote procedure call failed: So I was installing rdp wrapper, restarted the pc and now after trying to login i get a message saying "The remote procedure call failed".I am unable to login however through searching i think it has to do with the service remote procedure call, i dont know if its running and...
  5. The remote procedure call failed

The remote procedure call failed: So I was installing rdp wrapper, restarted the pc and now after trying to login i get a message saying "The remote procedure call failed".I am unable to login however through searching i think it has to do with the service remote procedure call, i dont know if its running and...
  6. The remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Remote Procedure Call Failed

Remote Procedure Call Failed: Hi guys I tried to open my music thru Groove Music in windows10 But it shows me something like this [img] I checked my services RPC service is on [img] Any help? 52750
  8. (error) The remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    (error) The remote procedure call failed: I am putting back together my HUMPY DUMPTY computer which had a great fall. I have a new windows 10 install on a new hard drive (C). I am not doing any backups from old C drive as I had so many, many, many problems with windows 10 upgrades from win 7 so I am going new. I have...
  9. Remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 Support
    Remote procedure call failed: Towards the beginning of the year I started experiencing problems with the Start Menu. When I right clicked on some entries, I received an error 'The remote procedure call failed' (see attached image for full information). These errors occurred when selecting 'Programs and...
  10. Remote Procedure Call (2)

in Windows 10 Support
    Remote Procedure Call (2): Ever since downloading the updates for 10130 on my Surface Pro 3 (after a clean install) the Service Host: Remote Procedure Call is going crazy, running constantly at 50%+ CPU, as a result of which the device is constantly running hot and battery life is now barely 2 hours!!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. print spooler remote procedure call failed