Windows 10: Windows 10 Printer continues to stop working after each upgrade from Microsoft

Discus and support Windows 10 Printer continues to stop working after each upgrade from Microsoft in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Each time my computer receives a software update from Microsoft, my HP ENVY 5660 e-All-in-One Printer no longer works. It doesn't print anything even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by samzmom, Dec 25, 2019.

1. samzmom Win User

Windows 10 Printer continues to stop working after each upgrade from Microsoft

Each time my computer receives a software update from Microsoft, my HP ENVY 5660 e-All-in-One Printer no longer works. It doesn't print anything even after I get it back on line with my wireless network. I just get printer error messages that don't mean anything to me. I don't understand. I haven't been able to use my printer in a very long time. I was hoping one of these updates would fix this problem, but I am still unable to use my printer. I have Windows 10.

:)

samzmom, Dec 25, 2019

2. Lexmark X6575 Printer stopped working after upgrading to windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Is the issue specific to printing Microsoft Office Documents or you are unable to print webpages also?

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

If the issue still persist please refer to below steps.

Method 1: Start Printer Service.

Follow the steps provided.

a. Press Windows key + R and type
    services.msc in the search field and press enter.

b. In the Services listed stop the Print Spooler service.

c. In Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder below, and open the PRINTERS.

C:\Windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS

d. Click on Continue or Yes (if prompted by UAC) to approve opening the PRINTERS folder.

e. Delete all files in the PRINTERS folder until it is empty, and then close Windows Explorer.

Note: DO NOT DELETE the PRINTERS folder itself. Only delete its contents.

f. Open Services, and start the Print Spooler service.

If the issue still persist please refer to below steps.

Method 2: Let's start the all the dependencies service for the printer spooler service.

Follow the steps provided.

1. Press Windows key + R and type
    services.msc in the search field and press ENTER.

2. Scroll down toPrint spooler.

3. Right click and click properties, click the tab “Dependencies

4. Note all of the dependent services listed, and then close thePrint Spooler Properties window.

I also suggest you to refer to the article “Error opening Office documents after upgrading to Windows 10” follow the steps and check if it helps.

Errors opening Office files after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 25, 2019
  3. Caring1 Win User
    Caring1, Dec 25, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Printer continues to stop working after each upgrade from Microsoft

Printer stopped working after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi Ted,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue might have caused due to incompatibility of the drivers.

Lets try with some steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Printer troubleshooter
    after connecting the printer.

• Press the ‘Start’ Button.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and press
      Enter.
    • Click on view all on the left side and select
      Printer.
    • Click next and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Step 2: I would also suggest you to click on the below link to refer how to Uninstall, reinstall in Compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Refer:
    Install the drivers in compatibility mode

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Printer continues to stop working after each upgrade from Microsoft

1. Windows 10 Printer continues to stop working after each upgrade from Microsoft - Similar Threads - Printer continues stop

2. printer not work after upgrade windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer not work after upgrade windows 11: error 0x00000bc4 after upgrade to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-not-work-after-upgrade-windows-11/91f9f9d2-a6af-4134-9c37-d37707757d14
  3. printer not work after upgrade windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer not work after upgrade windows 11: error 0x00000bc4 after upgrade to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-not-work-after-upgrade-windows-11/91f9f9d2-a6af-4134-9c37-d37707757d14
  4. printer stopped working after Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer stopped working after Windows update: After auto update of Windows Windows 10S? my printer stopped working. Still no joy after several uninstalls and reinstalls of the printer driver. Suggestions?...
  5. Printer stopped working after Windows 10 Update 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer stopped working after Windows 10 Update 1909: My wife's computer installed the Windows update yesterday, but today when she attempted to print to our networked Brother HL-4040CN, it would not print, not even a test page. It printed fine the day before. I attempted to troubleshoot, and tested printing from my laptop,...
  6. Printer Not Working after upgrading to Windows 10

Printer Not Working after upgrading to Windows 10: I have a dell printer and desktop,after upgrading to windows 10 printer will not work anymore. I have done all humanly possible including running original disk for my printer. Would love a fix for this,after all we are the ones buying the Windows/Microsoft/Computers products....
  7. Printers not working after October upgrade to Windows 10

Printers not working after October upgrade to Windows 10: I have just upgraded to the October Upgrade (Build 1809 OS Build 17763.1). I have 2 printer/scanners. An HP Officejet HP8600 All in One. Plus a Canon Pixma MG3250. I am running Windows 10 Pro (64bit). Now I can scan into an app via WIA. It says it cannot connect to the...
  8. Printers not working after October upgrade to Windows 10

Printers not working after October upgrade to Windows 10: I have just upgraded to the October Upgrade (Build 1809 OS Build 17763.1). I have 2 printer/scanners. An HP Officejet HP8600 All in One. Plus a Canon Pixma MG3250. I am running Windows 10 Pro (64bit). Now I can scan into an app via WIA. It says it cannot connect to the...
  9. After upgrading to 10, PPPOE connection stops internet from working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After upgrading to 10, PPPOE connection stops internet from working: Hello! I did my upgrade quite shortly ago. Basically before that upgrade I had 2 connections at the same time: Local Area Connection with Ethernet and my PPPOE connection as advised by my provider. I've been using my PPPOE connection for years to sidestep some connection...
  10. HP CoolSense Stopped From Working After Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    HP CoolSense Stopped From Working After Windows 10 Upgrade: Hello Everyone, I recently upgraded my laptop to the current RTM build version of the new Windows 10 Operating System (OS). However, upon the final reboot into the new version of Windows 10, I noticed much more fan noise than usual from my system. I was able to perform an...