Windows 10: Windows 10 --printer does not work -which patch update is required

Discus and support Windows 10 --printer does not work -which patch update is required in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have just re-installed windows 10 version 1909 on to a new SSD for my PC, but my printer Ricoh AP410 now does not work. In the june I had same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GreenGaming11, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Windows 10 --printer does not work -which patch update is required

I have just re-installed windows 10 version 1909 on to a new SSD for my PC, but my printer Ricoh AP410 now does not work.

In the june I had same issue and managed to uninstall one of the updates which fixed the problem.

I don't have this option now, checking various forums it seems that there have been some patches kb 4567512 / KB4567523 to correct this.

I have tried both but error message were:

KB 4567512 --will not install

KB456752-- not applicable for my pc.

my pc is

64 bit

OS build 18363.1171

windows 10 home

not sure what to do next!!

Any advice welcome ---I am not programmer so hopefully simple steps to solve this.

:)

GreenGaming11, Oct 31, 2020

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Windows 10 --printer does not work -which patch update is required

Can't get my HP Printer to work on Windows 10

Greg,

I am having the same issues with my HP3600n Color LaserJet not working after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have followed your November 8th Post, details below:

Step 1 - Plug printer in by USB, power on printer, watch for animation in System Tray shown while searching for driver.

• There was no animation in the system try after plugging in the USB cable and powering on the printer.

Click on it to monitor driver install. It may ask to go to Windows Update to pull in the driver.

Step 2 - Type Devices and Printers in Start Search box, open location, do you see the printer there?

• Yes. The printer is listed.
    • Set as Default, if it won't print right click to Troubleshoot.
      • The printer responds to a print request but, instead of printing the sent job it prints out a PCL error as follows:
    PCL XL error

Subsystem KERNEL

Error: IllegalTag

Operator: 0x98

Position: 3

Step 4 - Typed "Update" in Start Search box, Check for Updates, install all including Recommended, expediting restart when requested, going back to Check for more until none are offered.

• Received notification "Your device is up to date. Last checked: Today, 2:52 PM (it is now 2:52 PM)

Did the printer driver arrive? No.

Step 5 - Download the basic driver (if no scan) or software (if scanning needed) package for the printer from the HP Support Downloads webpage for your exact make/model. Install the software with the printer USB unplugged, wait for it to prompt to plug
    it in.

Let us know how this works. It may require a few extra steps.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03515691

• Downloaded Dot4x64.msi from HP support. Installed the software (with printer USB unplugged), plugged it in when prompted. This driver did not work. I received the same KERNEL error as above.

• Downloaded HP_CLJ3600_64Bit_HB.exe from HP support. Installed the software (with printer USB unplugged), plugged it in when prompted. This driver did not work. I received the same KERNEL error as above.

So, at this point, I have followed all steps with no success. I can "see" the printer in Devices and Printers however, the printer ICON doesn't look like a HP3600n, it is the Windows default printer ICON. Normally when the properly drivers are installed
    the ICON is customized to look like the installed device or printer.

Do you have any other suggestions that I might try?

Thanks!

Dave Williams

David T. Williams, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 --printer does not work -which patch update is required

1. Windows 10 --printer does not work -which patch update is required - Similar Threads - printer does patch

2. Problems with Windows 10 Updates and Patches

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Windows 10 Updates and Patches: Since the problems with the October Update KB 5031356 nothing will work for me, no more Updates possible!I am stuck with the Built 19045.2965.I do not understand why, after all the October problems, KIR, Patch etc., Microsoft does not upload a stable System Build 19045.3693to...
  3. Problems with Windows 10 Updates and Patches

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Windows 10 Updates and Patches: Since the problems with the October Update KB 5031356 nothing will work for me, no more Updates possible!I am stuck with the Built 19045.2965.I do not understand why, after all the October problems, KIR, Patch etc., Microsoft does not upload a stable System Build 19045.3693to...
  4. Automatic Recovery does not work after July 2022 patching - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Recovery does not work after July 2022 patching - Windows 10: After the latest Win 10 patching, my system would not boot. It went into recovery move. Automatic recovery failed. The only error I see in the srttrail.txt file is an 0x2 code for "Check for pending package install". I cannot remove updates or restore from checkpoint. Both...
  5. Automatic Recovery does not work after July 2022 patching - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Recovery does not work after July 2022 patching - Windows 10: After the latest Win 10 patching, my system would not boot. It went into recovery move. Automatic recovery failed. The only error I see in the srttrail.txt file is an 0x2 code for "Check for pending package install". I cannot remove updates or restore from checkpoint. Both...
  6. Printer does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer does not work: Hello,I have an HP 2055 printer that worked fine with version 20H2 4 months ago but now it does not work with version 21H1. I uninstalled and installed the driver on HP website but still I am not able to print. Any suggestion would be appreciated.Thank youRozi...
  7. Brother printer not working following June 9, 2020 Windows update. Is there a patch...

Brother printer not working following June 9, 2020 Windows update. Is there a patch...: I need to get my Brother printer working following the June 9, 2020 Windows 10 update. Is there an easy remedy available? Is the promised patch ready for installation to overcome this?...
  8. Cannot install patch KB4567523. Printer still not working after windows update

Cannot install patch KB4567523. Printer still not working after windows update: I cannot install the KB4567523 patch. I get a message saying "The update is not applicable to your computer." I have Windows 10 Home, x64, edition. I have not been able to print on my Brother MFC-J630W since the KB4560960, KB4559309 updates were installed on my system. I...
  9. Printer not working after Windows 10 1607 LTSB patch KB4525236 update

Printer not working after Windows 10 1607 LTSB patch KB4525236 update: I have been happily printing since installing Windows 10 . I have seen issue after the following updates were installed :- Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4525236 ) Can you please help ?...
  10. Does updating Windows 10 requires a internet connection

Does updating Windows 10 requires a internet connection: I just download the update and started updating the system thus updating the system requires connection of internet after download... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-updating-windows-10-requires-a-internet/69478ae9-a5a1-4138-ac7b-0ae91b38e6c6