Windows 10: Windows 10 printer - file keeps spooling

Discus and support Windows 10 printer - file keeps spooling in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use Windows 10 and was printing some pages in a PDF using google chrome, and had to re-print one page. Now in the printing queue the file says it’s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tim8435, Jan 12, 2019.

1. tim8435 Win User

Windows 10 printer - file keeps spooling

I use Windows 10 and was printing some pages in a PDF using google chrome, and had to re-print one page. Now in the printing queue the file says it’s spooling. Continuously.

I have already tried restarting the spooling system, my printer, and my compiter, many times.

Please help

:)

tim8435, Jan 12, 2019

2. My printer keeps saying printer queue is full

Hello Lan,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with printer not working with Windows 10 on your system. We will certainly help you.

Which all troubleshooting steps have you already tried in resolving this issue?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Printer and follow on-screen instructions.

Method 2: I suggest you to check the status of
    Print Spooler service and check.

Print Spooler service, spools print service and handles interactions with the printer.
    If you turn off this service you won’t be able to print or see your printer.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for Printer Spooler service, right click on it and
      Start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.

Step 2: To Manually Clear and Reset Print Spooler Queue

Stop the service.
    • Close the window.

Step 3: Delete the printer files

• Press Windows + E keys, click on This PC in the left pane.
    • Double click on C: drive (The drive where operating system is installed).
    • Navigate to the folder below, and open the PRINTERS
    C:\Windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS

4. Delete all files in the PRINTERS folder until it is empty, then close Windows
    Explorer.

Step 4: Start the Print Spooler service
    and check.

Start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.

Also, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Fix printer
    problems

Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 12, 2019
  3. pappo46 Win User
    Print Spooler Service Stopping

I followed the steps you listed. When I opened C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS, it was empty.

pappo46, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 printer - file keeps spooling - Similar Threads - printer file keeps

2. Printer Won't Spool/Print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Won't Spool/Print: My Brother MFC-290C printer, which had been working, stopped, Windows won't open add printer, nor can I restart the printer spool, PLEASE help me reload and restart my printer on my Windows 10 HP laptop....
  3. Printer Won't Spool/Print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Won't Spool/Print: My Brother MFC-290C printer, which had been working, stopped, Windows won't open add printer, nor can I restart the printer spool, PLEASE help me reload and restart my printer on my Windows 10 HP laptop....
  4. Printer Won't Spool/Print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Printer spool issues in Windows 10 S Mode

Printer spool issues in Windows 10 S Mode: Morning, We are having issues with the printer spool on our Windows 10 S mode laptop. Every day or so a document will get stuck in the printer spool, which stops all print jobs from completing. When checking the printer spool I can see the document looping back and forth...
  6. printer spooling and crashes publisher

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    printer spooling and crashes publisher: hi everyone any ideas appreciated On wednesday 17th my xps15 suddenly stopped printing only certain publisher files to my canon ix6850 printer, says spooling and crashes publisher after about 3 hours I noticed the update and rolled it back and then printers all worked...
  7. Printer Spooling

Printer Spooling: Printer spooling way too long on my Epson ET 2750. Takes 20 minutes to print 3 or 4 pages. This only started about 3 weeks ago. Epson support said it was a Microsoft 10 issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Epson software and the problem still exists....
  8. spooling to wifi printer

spooling to wifi printer: I have windows10 and there is a delay when I attempt to print from WORD or ADOBE. The print queue shows "Printing" but then shows error printer can't be found. I' m connected. After turning the printer off then back on the doc prints. Where's the lost interrupt I need to...
  9. printer spool will not reset and start

printer spool will not reset and start: I am running windows 10 with a hp envy 7640 printer. the problem is the printer spool will not reset and start. Have tried many options to reset...
  10. Printer unable to queue spool

Printer unable to queue spool: I'm trying myself crazier. I've uninstalled all printers, plugged in my hp 8000 809a let it install it, rebooted but windows can not queue the spool. The HP drivers can easily talk to the printer and print out test pages, I can configure wireless and print from my android...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keeps spooling windows 10 printer