Windows 10: windows 10 printer is unspecified device and drivers are under software devices

Discus and support windows 10 printer is unspecified device and drivers are under software devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok here is my problem. Windows 10 sees my Dell 7130CDN printer as an unspecified device. Under the unspecified device it says there are no drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by One StopOffice, Jan 18, 2020.

1. windows 10 printer is unspecified device and drivers are under software devices

Ok here is my problem. Windows 10 sees my Dell 7130CDN printer as an unspecified device. Under the unspecified device it says there are no drivers for this device. It won't let me install drivers for this unspecified device. When I go to device manager it is not seen as a printer. I can only find the printer listed under software device. When I look at the drivers there it states the most current driver is being used and that it is a printer driver. I cant get them to tie together so that windows recognizes the printer and recognizes that my computer has drivers for that printer so that I can actually use my printer. There is no "windows update" for my printer so it does not show up on a list of available printers. What do I do to make sure that 1 my computer recognizes the printer as a printer and 2 it recognizes that I have drivers for this printer on my computer? I need to be able to print 11 x 17 and this is the only printer I have that will print that large. Please help.

:)

One StopOffice, Jan 18, 2020
  2. ddelo Win User

iPhone shown as Unspecified in Devices and Printers

I have a problem with my iPhone 5s/iOS 9.2.1 in Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 10586.71, as shown in the pictures:

Although everything works OK, i.e.
    • iTunes v.12.3.2.35 recognizes it, backs it up and syncs it
    • I can see its content from Windows Explorer
    • and in Device Manager has the latest drivers for both Apple iPhone & Apple Mobile Device USB Driver

the iPhone is shown in “Devices and Printers” under Unspecified Devices.

windows 10 printer is unspecified device and drivers are under software devices [​IMG]

windows 10 printer is unspecified device and drivers are under software devices [​IMG]

Is there any way to fix that?

Any suggestion is welcomed... except from in-place-upgrade - that goes to my dear friend Shawn Brink, he knows why! windows 10 printer is unspecified device and drivers are under software devices :)

Dimitri

ddelo, Jan 18, 2020
  3. How can I get Windows 10 to recognize an Unspecified Device as a Printer?

I have installed a DYMO printer, but it is not listed as a printer but only as an Unspecified Device. How can I get Windows 10 to recognize an Unspecified Device as a Printer? All printer troubleshooting steps require it to be listed as a Printer, and
    all Help solutions assume that it can be recognized as a printer.

Shesabigdork, Jan 18, 2020
  4. AJK_29 Win User

windows 10 printer is unspecified device and drivers are under software devices

Printer showing as 'unspecified' device

I have recently upgraded to windows 10 and my printer is showing in 'unspecified' devices and it is quite old so the driver isn't listed if I try to add a printer. Is there a way I can get the pc to recognise it as a printer?

AJK_29, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 printer is unspecified device and drivers are under software devices

1. windows 10 printer is unspecified device and drivers are under software devices - Similar Threads - printer unspecified device

2. Sewoo printer showing up as unspecified device windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sewoo printer showing up as unspecified device windows 10: I have a Sewoo LK-B425A Printer Korea Branch, I have connected it to my PC via USB cable. At the first time plug in, there is no anything in Devices and Printers. Then I unplug the USB and install the divers by CD disk which included with the printer, after that SEWOO Label...
  3. Printer showing as Unspecified device on Windows computer

in Windows 10 News
    Printer showing as Unspecified device on Windows computer: [ATTACH]A device is placed into an unspecified category when Windows cannot identify or find a driver for that hardware. In this case, if you see the Printer showing as an Unspecified device in Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, then this post will help you resolve it. Why...
  4. Printer icon appears as Unspecified “Device” in Devices and Printers after deleting the printer

Printer icon appears as Unspecified “Device” in Devices and Printers after deleting the printer: After using the Print Management tool within the Windows Administrative Tools to delete a USB printer, the printer is not completely deleted fromDevices and Printers. Instead, the printer icon now appears under Unspecified, and is simply labelled as “Device”. [ATTACH]...
  5. Printer listed as Unspecified device

Printer listed as Unspecified device: I have a Pantum P2500W printer that has been connected to this computer before. Now when I try to reconnect, it shows up as an Unspecified device rather than a Printer. How do I get the computer to recognize it as a printer so I can print from it?...
  6. Printer classified as "Unspecified" and displayed as "Device"

Printer classified as "Unspecified" and displayed as "Device": I know this has been asked alot because I have found threads with related question but I haven't found any solution with my problem. I have been using printers EPSON L565 and EPSON WorkForce Pro WF-C869R but I got new printer EPSON L5190 last October 2019 so stopped using...
  7. Printer "Driver is Unavailable" or listed in "Other devices" / "Software devices" in Device...

Printer "Driver is Unavailable" or listed in "Other devices" / "Software devices" in Device...: Hi All, I have a Brother printer of an older model MFC-4550 and I am trying to connect it using a USB-Parallel cable into Windows 10. On a previous version of windows Windows 10 1709, the printer worked perfectly fine. Recently I updated to Ver. 1809 by wiping the computer...
  8. USB PRINTER As Unspecified device,

USB PRINTER As Unspecified device,: Ive tried installing and uninstalling the driver many times, downloaded the most current from the manufacture but it does not work. Just trying to get my Wide format Printer to work . Any help would be appreciated. [IMG]...
  9. HP printer showed under unspecified devices.

HP printer showed under unspecified devices.: I installed drivers from windows update in add a printer. Driver installed but whenever I connect the printer it shows in unspecified devices in devices and printers and I am not able to print. please help. thanks. [img] 102617
  10. iPhone shown as Unspecified in Devices and Printers

iPhone shown as Unspecified in Devices and Printers: I have a problem with my iPhone 5s/iOS 9.2.1 in Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 10586.71, as shown in the pictures: Although everything works OK, i.e. • iTunes v.12.3.2.35 recognizes it, backs it up and syncs it • I can see its content from Windows Explorer • and in Device...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. device and printer

2. windows 10 printer shows in software devices

3. why is the printer under unspecified

4. printer under unspecified software,
  5. printer in unspecified list,
  6. windows recognizes my printer as a software device,
  7. why is canon printer showing as unspecified in windows 10