Windows 10: Windows 10 printer no longer prints

Discus and support Windows 10 printer no longer prints in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone. 1st time for me here looking for help (or consoling) regarding my printer. It is an HP Photosmart D5360 and is connected via USB to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BluesMatt, Nov 9, 2020.

1. BluesMatt Win User

Windows 10 printer no longer prints

Hello everyone. 1st time for me here looking for help (or consoling) regarding my printer. It is an HP Photosmart D5360 and is connected via USB to my Toshiba laptop. It has stopped working (it does not print). I have spent many hours trying to determine the problem. The best I have been able to discover is that many users lost the use of their printer as a result of a Windows update back in July 2020. I have tried to determine if affected by the offending update by trying to match the KB numbers provided in the many articles I have read; and none of the numbers match.

I have tried deleting the printer and reinstalling which is an issue since the printer I want to install (D5360) is not in the update list. I tried downloading the driver from HP (and got all of this other software I did not want).

I have read that Microsoft is aware of this issue and will release a patch. I'm running 1903. I've also read about the "enablement package" that is supposed to be coming to Windows update soon (I don't know when "soon" is).

I am feeling really very frustrated and annoyed that I need to become a PC/OS repair technician just to print a document.

So what is everybody's experience? Have you had this problem? Were you able to get it fixed? Should I buy a new printer and try that? Rant complete (for now)....thanks for listening.

:)

BluesMatt, Nov 9, 2020
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Nov 9, 2020
  3. Berton Win User

The "test printer install" suggests you haven't purchased it yet or don't have it at hand. All I can offer now is that most printer installs offer the install but connect later, puts an icon on the Desktop to finish after actually connecting it.

One thing about Win10 is it may automatically pick up a newly-connected printer and give at least basic printing, may be listed in Devices and Printers in Control Panel, Devices and Printers or Settings, Devices.

Berton, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Windows 10 printer no longer prints

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 printer no longer prints - Similar Threads - printer longer prints

2. Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners: Microsoft Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners after I removed it. I am unable to re-add it. I tried rebooting. Then I tried to turn it off on windows features, but it won't turn back on again. What should I do, and if it stops working permanently what workarounds...
  3. Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners: Microsoft Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners after I removed it. I am unable to re-add it. I tried rebooting. Then I tried to turn it off on windows features, but it won't turn back on again. What should I do, and if it stops working permanently what workarounds...
  4. Printer no longer prints in color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer no longer prints in color: Using Windows 10, my printer Wireless HP Envoy 4520 no longer will print in color. The printer is old & no longer supported by HP. I can print in color from my tablet but not the desk top computer. Did a windows update do this? I have changed nothing nor installed anything...
  5. Printer no longer prints in color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer no longer prints in color: Using Windows 10, my printer Wireless HP Envoy 4520 no longer will print in color. The printer is old & no longer supported by HP. I can print in color from my tablet but not the desk top computer. Did a windows update do this? I have changed nothing nor installed anything...
  6. Printer no longer prints in color

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Cannon printer no longer printing or scanning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannon printer no longer printing or scanning: I have a Cannon MG3200 series printer/scanner, which has worked with no problems until October 2020 On the 13th October, I printed out a bank statement & some other documents. Since then, I have not been able to print anything!!! When I try to print a document, it goes...
  8. Windows 10 printer no longer prints

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 printer no longer prints: Hello everyone. 1st time for me here looking for help (or consoling) regarding my printer. It is an HP Photosmart D5360 and is connected via USB to my Toshiba laptop. It has stopped working (it does not print). I have spent many hours trying to determine the problem. The best...
  9. Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.

Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.: Brother told me to delete 10 software updates KB 4560960 and KB 4557957 to get my printer to work again. Is this true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-no-longer-prints-but-it-will-scan/3e4ed02b-fba5-47c2-b84c-db91caffdf37
  10. HP Printer No Longer Prints Color

HP Printer No Longer Prints Color: Dear Internet: Please read what I've attempted before you suggest I do the exact same thing. I have an HP 5540 Envy on wifi. When I try to print from my Win10 machine, it will not show me options for Color or for Automatic Duplexing. (Under Settings=>Printer Properties,...