Windows 10: Windows 10 printer options much more limited than Win7

Discus and support Windows 10 printer options much more limited than Win7 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Epson Workforce 520 printer: I don't see any option to change print mode from color to grayscale. Printer Properties in Win10 does not show any print... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Capt Geezle, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 printer options much more limited than Win7

Epson Workforce 520 printer: I don't see any option to change print mode from color to grayscale. Printer Properties in Win10 does not show any print options that appeared in Win7. I tried reloading printer from original disk, but no change. Tried changing from WiFi to USB cable - no difference.

:)

Capt Geezle, Jun 28, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Printer

Hi Brenda,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to use these steps and check:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Devices and Printers and then tap or click Devices and Printers.
    • Press and hold or right-click the printer you want to use, and then tap or click
      Set as default printer.
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Boatvan Win User

Windows 10 printer options much more limited than Win7

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 printer options much more limited than Win7

1. Windows 10 printer options much more limited than Win7 - Similar Threads - printer options much

2. My disk is shown to be much more full than it actualy is

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My disk is shown to be much more full than it actualy is: i know for a fact that my disk was about 150 GB full out of the 0.5 TB that it has, but i noticed recently that it now says it has over 300 GB of files on it, when using windirstat all the files on there were still about 160 GB, including hidden files such as pagefile and...
  3. My disk is shown to be much more full than it actualy is

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My disk is shown to be much more full than it actualy is: i know for a fact that my disk was about 150 GB full out of the 0.5 TB that it has, but i noticed recently that it now says it has over 300 GB of files on it, when using windirstat all the files on there were still about 160 GB, including hidden files such as pagefile and...
  4. My disk is shown to be much more full than it actualy is

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. System restore is taking more space than the configured limit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore is taking more space than the configured limit: Today I saw that system restore is taking more space than the limit that I configured. Before it was lower than the limit. What is problem with system restore and how can I fix it?...
  6. System restore is taking more space than the configured limit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore is taking more space than the configured limit: Today I saw that system restore is taking more space than the limit that I configured. Before it was lower than the limit. What is problem with system restore and how can I fix it?...
  7. Microsoft windows 10 updates ruin much more than they fix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft windows 10 updates ruin much more than they fix: When will microsoft be convinced that the windows 10 feature updates are dramatically unstable. I received a "FORCED" update and it took too long to install and ruined the Intel graphics command center app that I have officially downloaded from Microsoft store. It is now...
  8. Computer boots to Windows 10 much more slowly than it used to--how to troubleshoot?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer boots to Windows 10 much more slowly than it used to--how to troubleshoot?: Hi all. My computer boots (Windows 10) from an SSD, and for several years it booted relatively quickly (under one minute). But for the past few weeks now, booting has taken 3-5 minutes each time. How can I troubleshoot/resolve this? A friend says there is perhaps a timeout...
  9. Folder scan is of much more files than files in folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Folder scan is of much more files than files in folder: I am having a problem scanning files. When I scan the download folder there are 346 files scanned. There are really only four files in the folder, when I scan them individually the first .pdf file scans as two files and the other three files scan as one file each. Is there...
  10. Is winpro so much more than win10 home?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is winpro so much more than win10 home?: Simply being able to control updates somewhat, what are the other advantages to upgrading to PROFESSIONAL version? All previous versions were substantially different and I did use the pro versions. Do I want to give M$ another $100? Thank You Don 126469