Windows 10: Windows 10 printing issue; can only print as Administrator

Discus and support Windows 10 printing issue; can only print as Administrator in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since the v1909 update borked my Windows 10 desktop machine, I did a clean install of v1909. Sadly, I haven't restored printing to its previous state.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Really Annoyed User, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 printing issue; can only print as Administrator

Since the v1909 update borked my Windows 10 desktop machine, I did a clean install of v1909. Sadly, I haven't restored printing to its previous state.

Printer is an HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127fn, driver & apps package freshly downloaded from HP installer hasn't changed for years.

I can print when logged in to one of my Administrators account, but cannot print from a standard user account. Event Viewer shows errors such as;

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}

and APPID

{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}

to the user HOME-DESKTOP\me SID redacted from address LocalHost Using LRPC running in the application container Unavailable SID Unavailable. This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Yes, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the HP driver and apps.

Yes, I've run the Troubleshooter.

Yes, I've tried a second standard user account.

This permissions issue seems to go back at least a year or two, and obviously MS has not fixed it yet. There were no permission problems before, with the HP installer, so it seems to me that v1909 has some bugs. Is this even fixable?

:)

Really Annoyed User, Jan 5, 2020
  2. Karla Alm Win User

Print Spooler Issue

Hello Sree,

For step by step instructions on how you can manually start the Print Spooler Service, follow these:

• Click Windows tab.
    • Type Control Panel > System and Maintenance
      > Administrative Tools.
    • Double click Services.
    • Right click to the Print Spooler service > Properties.

However, we suggest you can refer to an answer given by Prabhavathi Patil on this

thread

We also recommend that you update the driver for your printer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Karla Alm, Jan 5, 2020
  3. kgreene Win User
    vista printing

ok I just got done setting up my new network and i have a laptop with windows vista on it and a sever with windows sever 2003 on it. I have two printers hooked up to my sever a HP Laser Jet 6L and a HP Photosmart C3180 all in one printer when i try to print from my laptop its very slow sometimes office 2007 fezzes when i print from my gameing rig (which is xp home btw) every thing that i print from it is fast. any suggestions?

kgreene, Jan 5, 2020
  4. Windows 10 printing issue; can only print as Administrator

Printing issues

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• How are you trying to print?

• Have you tried printing from a different application and checked?
    I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
    Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Also, I suggest you to install the latest chipset and printer drivers from manufacturer website and check if it fixes the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 printing issue; can only print as Administrator

1. Windows 10 printing issue; can only print as Administrator - Similar Threads - printing issue print

2. Issues with printing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with printing Windows 10: Why won't my printer print even thou windows 10 shows it as default? Last week it couldn't detect as a scanner now this week it will not print. It is hard wired. I have Uninstalled several times and tried several work around even trying a manual install....
  3. Issues with printing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with printing Windows 10: Why won't my printer print even thou windows 10 shows it as default? Last week it couldn't detect as a scanner now this week it will not print. It is hard wired. I have Uninstalled several times and tried several work around even trying a manual install....
  4. Can Only Print In Grayscale

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Only Print In Grayscale: My printer a Canon PIXMA TR4520 is only printing is grayscale. I already asked Canon support about it & after several hours with them thet tell me the issue/probem is with Windows & NOT the printer itself! How do I fix this?...
  5. Can Only Print In Grayscale

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Only Print In Grayscale: My printer a Canon PIXMA TR4520 is only printing is grayscale. I already asked Canon support about it & after several hours with them thet tell me the issue/probem is with Windows & NOT the printer itself! How do I fix this?...
  6. Can Only Print In Grayscale

7. Printing issues with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printing issues with Windows 10: Hi, I cannot print with my Canon. After I launch the printing process, an error notice appears and printer does not respond. I have read this might concern an issue with the most recent Windows updates, especially for patch kb4560960 and kb4557957. So I have uninstalled the...
  8. Can only print after printing from Microsoft Edge

Can only print after printing from Microsoft Edge: Hi all, My computer HP Compaq 15 Notebook has been having trouble with printing for a long time now and I am finally trying to get on and fix it. I am trying to print to a brother HL-2270DW printer. All of the other computers in my household have no issues printing from it,...
  9. Print issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Print issues in Windows 10: Split from this thread. I also have the same issue and no updates have fixed this yet. It is very frustrating. any idea when this will be fixed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-issues-in-windows-10/9e6756b1-de4f-4427-ba47-20269d824c41
  10. Windows 10 print issue

Windows 10 print issue: Hi, In windows 7 and windows 10 setup, user account (who is not admin) with which our application is running does not have permission for C:\Temp directory. However, in windows 7 we were able to print files to printer. In windows 10, when we print as PDF (Microsoft Print as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. administrators can only print