Windows 10: Windows 10 privacy and file access?

Discus and support Windows 10 privacy and file access? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How secure is Windows 10? Is it just the telemetry which people have concerns with - tracking users anonymously? Is it enough to disable majority... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TenneR, Jan 16, 2018.

1. TenneR Win User

Windows 10 privacy and file access?

How secure is Windows 10?

Is it just the telemetry which people have concerns with - tracking users anonymously?

Is it enough to disable majority of the stff uder settings / privacy?

I use a local account profile, but probably should change to a standard (from admin) profile?

Some have said your personal files (on desktop, document folders etc) can be snooped on - is that really the case? Or does it only apply to files uploaded to their One Drive for example?

:)

TenneR, Jan 16, 2018
  2. zelozelos Win User

Minecraft windows 10 edition and privacy and online settings

slight correction, we can play together i guess via lan i dont know how, but we cannot chat

zelozelos, Jan 16, 2018
  3. Minecraft windows 10 edition and privacy and online settings

Glad to hear things are running smoothly. If anything else comes up, we're
    here to further assist you.

Jomari Arc, Jan 16, 2018
  4. Windows 10 privacy and file access?

By default Windows monitors everything you are typing, saying, doing (on camera) to enhance your experience.
    Most people love it, since it actually helps in some ways, but some hate it, it depends, what level of privacy you want.

Windows scans your one drive for illegal content, Windows Defender and Smartscreen can upload some of your files, Windows compatibility assistant monitors, what software you are running, Windows keylogger (MsCtfMonitor task) monitors, what you are typing for Cortana, but obviously is uploaded online, etc. Most of those can be disabled the normal way, using a firewall blocking outbound helps too. Disabling too much breaks Windows, literally, it expects you to share. *Smile

Basics: Microsoft Trust Center | Windows Telemetry Privacy

Detailed settings: Manage connections from Windows operating system components to Microsoft services

3rd party tools to manage privacy settings easily: Comparison of Windows 10 Privacy tools - gHacks Tech News

TairikuOkami, Jan 16, 2018
  5. TenneR Win User
    Thanks for your reply TairikuOkami

So personal files on the desktop, storage drive, my documents etc on a local account can still be uploaded to Microsoft? Surely that cannot be legal, can it? Not worried abount one drive as I don't use that.

TenneR, Jan 16, 2018
  6. By installing Windows, you had to agree to terms, just like people accepting Google' EULA agreed, that Google can read their emails and do whatever it wants with that. Microsoft has actually a better privacy protection than Google.

EULAlyzer is such a nice piece of software. *Smile

TairikuOkami, Jan 16, 2018
  7. torre Win User
    https://account.microsoft.com/accoun...trt=home-index

Insure you have turned off desired options under Settings/Privacy.

Also, check the link above and sign in to verify what MSN states they have collected.

torre, Jan 17, 2018
  8. Windows 10 privacy and file access?

The third link in post#2 does not open here? Seems old anyway.
    Edit: adblocker must be disable.

MikeMecanic, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 privacy and file access?

1. Windows 10 privacy and file access? - Similar Threads - privacy file access

2. Access to Windows 11 Privacy and Security Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access to Windows 11 Privacy and Security Settings: when trying to access Privacy and Security settings as follows I get a window that tells me to go to the Microsoft App Store: Settings -> Privacy and Security -> Windows Security to any of the selections I see the App Store window. Here below is a copy of the window:...
  3. Access to Windows 11 Privacy and Security Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access to Windows 11 Privacy and Security Settings: when trying to access Privacy and Security settings as follows I get a window that tells me to go to the Microsoft App Store: Settings -> Privacy and Security -> Windows Security to any of the selections I see the App Store window. Here below is a copy of the window:...
  4. Can no access windows 10 privacy settings and confirm account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can no access windows 10 privacy settings and confirm account: When i click location, camera or mic on privacy settings, it shut downs and i cannot change these settings. Also, when i try to confirm my acoount on account i get 0x800713AB problem. Can anyone help me?...
  5. Regarding Windows 10 file system access and privacy

in Windows 10 Support
    Regarding Windows 10 file system access and privacy: Dear community English is not my first language, and my Windows is in danish, so please excuse spelling mistakes etc. "Allow that apps gain acces to file system" = ON "Choose which apps that shall have access to your file system" = List is empty / there is no apps I have...
  6. Regarding Windows 10 file system access and privacy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Regarding Windows 10 file system access and privacy: Dear community English is not my first language, and my Windows is in danish, so please excuse spelling mistakes etc. "Allow that apps gain acces to file system" = ON "Choose which apps that shall have access to your file system" = List is empty / there is no apps I...
  7. Can't access Privacy dashboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't access Privacy dashboard: I am unable to clear my history in the privacy dashboard because Microsoft is unable to send me a code via email or text so you can verify my identity. I get this message: We couldn't send the code. Please refresh your browser and try again. I got rid of a prior Microsoft...
  8. Privacy: Windows 10 vs Local Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Privacy: Windows 10 vs Local Files: We switched from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 at work a couple years ago. I was really put off by the descriptions of how much data MS was now taking from us, and their all-around lack of privacy. Enough so that some reporters referred to Windows 10 itself as malware. For...
  9. Windows 10 and privacy

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 and privacy: There has been a lot of talk concerning Windows 10 and privacy. What settings are actually necessary to change? Is this https://fix10.isleaked.com/ overexaggerating or not? And what telemetry settings do you use? According this site How to disable Telemetry and Data...
  10. Privacy and Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Privacy and Windows 10: In today’s connected world, maintaining our privacy is an incredibly important topic to each of us, thus we welcome the questions and the feedback we’ve received since launching Windows 10. Trust is a core pillar of our More Personal Computing vision, and we know we have...