Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro (1703) - Windows Search-bar cant find all my programs.

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro (1703) - Windows Search-bar cant find all my programs. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, After i updated to the creators update, some of my installed programs does not appear when i search in the windows search bar. And all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mauro88, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Mauro88 Win User

Windows 10 Pro (1703) - Windows Search-bar cant find all my programs.

Hello,

After i updated to the creators update, some of my installed programs does not appear when i search in the windows search bar. And all my programs can be found manually in the start menu. On the indexing option, start menu is added by default. After a while I gave up on trying to fix it, and I tried to do a "Reset this machine". Basicly a clean windows install. I boot up and have the same problem. So then I tried a full format of my C: drive with a clean install of the creators update, with the iso from microsofts site. And still I have the same problem.

I can find programs like Chrome, and Spotify for some reason, and all the windows pre installed apps like calculator, notepad ect. But Steam, nope, Discord, no, Plex Media Server, no. It seems random.

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong, or how to fix this? It seems like a bug, since it appears after a clean format/install.

Windows 10 Pro (1703) 15063.138

Thanks.

EDIT: Solved! After just randomly coming over a reddit comment, I found the answer. And the answer is: Make sure 'Let apps run in the background' is enabled in the privacy section of Settings. Seach is an app, it just isn't in the list.

:)

Mauro88, Apr 24, 2017

2. microsoft office missing after updating to windows 10

after updating my lenovo ideapad y560 from windows 7 to windows 10 my microsoft office is missing cant find it in search bar or in

C:\Program Files (x86) any help in recovering my office

Kamlesh.Patil, Apr 24, 2017
  3. microsoft office missing after updating to windows 10

me too my Microsoft office disappeared.. how could I retrieve it?

LITOTORRES, Apr 24, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro (1703) - Windows Search-bar cant find all my programs.

1. Windows 10 Pro (1703) - Windows Search-bar cant find all my programs. - Similar Threads - Pro 1703 Search

2. Windows 10 Pro Search Bar has Ad

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Pro Search Bar has Ad: HiI noticed that recently like within the last week or so there is something new appearing in the search section on the task bar near the start button. It is on right side of search where it says "Type here to search". When I select the icon it shows news, weather etc. I do...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Search Bar has Ad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Search Bar has Ad: HiI noticed that recently like within the last week or so there is something new appearing in the search section on the task bar near the start button. It is on right side of search where it says "Type here to search". When I select the icon it shows news, weather etc. I do...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Search Bar has Ad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cant find Paint (and other programs) in search bar or the start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant find Paint (and other programs) in search bar or the start menu: When I search for programs in the search bar they won't show up. They did a few days ago. Like I cant find Paint when typing it in the search bar. I've tried to restore it in the advanced index options and all it does is "restore"a bunch of maps and folders to the excluded...
  6. All Windows Search Bars Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All Windows Search Bars Crashing: Whenever I type a few characters into the search bar next to the window icon, my screen freezes and crashes. The same thing happens even in settings; when I type a few characters, the settings app crashes. I've tried most of the fixes already online such as sfc /scannow and...
  7. Windows 10 1703 PRO Cortana/Search is not working

in Cortana
    Windows 10 1703 PRO Cortana/Search is not working: Hi Experts, i am installing windows 10 1703 Professional in my PC, post installation if i user search option it is always blank, this is not a domain joined PC. I have tried multiple steps like, Restart Cortana / Search process Restore indexing services Modify...
  8. My search cant find files

in Cortana
    My search cant find files: i have done everything possible to do. been on so many sites trying to fix it. for some reason when i search i cannot find any files or apps using the start search or in documents search. i have checked my service is running. i have i did few cmd commands. i have tried...
  9. Windows 10 1703 - Windows Search Working All Time

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 1703 - Windows Search Working All Time: Guys i upgraded Windows 10 1607 to 1703 a few days ago, i guess 3 days. Everything at update process works fine but since i upgraded Windows Search İndexing keeps working and getting my %30 cpu... It never ends... I use ssd it shouldnt take so long.. even with 5400 rpm it...
  10. Windows 10 built-in search not finding programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 built-in search not finding programs: Hello. I have a software installed called "eclipse". I have another software installed called "Sublime Text 3". If I press the windows-button and start typing to search for "subl" - it immediately finds the shortcut for Sublime Text 3. (This is how I want it to work.)...