Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro - 1809 - Can't get stop "check virus protection" pop up

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro - 1809 - Can't get stop "check virus protection" pop up in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So, I'm one of the few people who upgraded to 1809 and didn't have an issue with deleted files. In fact, overall, it works great for me. My only issue... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Paladin, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Paladin Win User

Windows 10 Pro - 1809 - Can't get stop "check virus protection" pop up

So, I'm one of the few people who upgraded to 1809 and didn't have an issue with deleted files. In fact, overall, it works great for me. My only issue is, and you may or may not call me crazy for this, I prefer not to have a real time protection running. (I still do on demand scans with online scanners and malwarebytes, because safety, I just don't like it running all the time). My reasoning isn't important, but mostly it's performance. I usually just disable Defender in a group policy and don't have an issue...but with 1809, even with it disabled, and the notification options turned off, it still comes up with the "check virus protection" notification.

My question is...can I make them stop? Without re-enabling Defender or installing an antivirus? Better yet, can I remove defender completely somehow? I really don't want it.

Bonus question, if the above isn't possible...what's the most lightweight, and free antivirus I can get that won't poop on me with ads and popups telling me to buy pro?

:)

Paladin, Nov 3, 2018

2. Nonstop alerts about virus protection

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the operating system with the security notification on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you installed any third-party anti-virus software on your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete error code/ error message of this issue?
    • When exactly you get this error pop-up?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If you have installed any third-party anti-virus software, I suggest you to disable it and check if it issue persists.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the third-party anti-virus software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Defender on your device and check if it helps.

Windows Defender is malware protection that is included with and built into Windows 10. This software helps identify and remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. So, you do not need to install any third party antivirus applications.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-protect-your-pc

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 3, 2018
  3. 7MM
    7mm Win User
    Virus Protection

I'd Suggest You Better Skip The Idea of Using Those Security Suites. Better Use Some Free To Use Yet HIghly Rated For VIrus Protection Engines. Here's What I Suggest Top Three...

1. Avira AntiVir Personal Classic Edition
    2. Avast! Home Edition
    3. AVG Free

Avira Is Found To Trigger Less False Alarms Than Anyother AV (Even Paid Don't Have That Kind'a Accuracy), & Is Much Better Than some of The Paid Ones. Next Is Avast!, For It's Individual Scanner Protection & It's Unique VRDB (Virus Recovery Database) Feature.

If You're Looking For Firewall Protection Then Again, The Free Stuff Come To The Rescue.

1. ZoneAlarm Free
    2. Comodo Firewall Pro.
    3. PC Tools Firewall

We All Know How Good ZA Firewall Can Be..! Comodo Has Passed All The Leak Test That Can Be Serious For Your System Security. PC Tools Is Not New To The Scene Here, Still Has Very Good Firewall With Less Questions Asked, Recomended For NewBie.

4. JCH54 Win User

virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, Nov 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro - 1809 - Can't get stop "check virus protection" pop up - Similar Threads - Pro 1809 Can't

2. Can't Open Virus & Threat Protection on window 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Open Virus & Threat Protection on window 11 pro: when i install new window after i try to open virus protection the pop show this Can't Open Virus & Threat Protection, "Your IT Administrator has Limited Access" .then i again reinstall window still same...
  3. Can't Open Virus & Threat Protection on window 11 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Open Virus & Threat Protection on window 11 pro: when i install new window after i try to open virus protection the pop show this Can't Open Virus & Threat Protection, "Your IT Administrator has Limited Access" .then i again reinstall window still same...
  4. Virus Check-up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus Check-up: Hey, any help is appreciated.I opened my laptop, went on to chrome. Suddenly, a white windows popped up really fast and it didn't do anything.I'm just worried since I saw a few threads in Microsoft Community that they had the same thing and it turned out to be a virus.Any...
  5. Virus and Threat Protection Stopped

Virus and Threat Protection Stopped: When I brought up the Windows Security screen, I get message "Threat service has stopped. Restart it now."When I restart, I get message "Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again",I have restarted twice - some problem.When I bring up the Windows Update...
  6. how to stop norton virus renewal pop up and flash player pop ups

how to stop norton virus renewal pop up and flash player pop ups: This just started happening recently while browsing real estate on Zillow. I don't know if the site is hacked or my computer has been compromised somehow. When the Norton renewal pops up, the only way to make it go away is close the browser and reopen. Then it just happens...
  7. Windows 10 Pro - 1809 - Can't get stop "check virus protection" pop up

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro - 1809 - Can't get stop "check virus protection" pop up: So, I'm one of the few people who upgraded to 1809 and didn't have an issue with deleted files. In fact, overall, it works great for me. My only issue is, and you may or may not call me crazy for this, I prefer not to have a real time protection running. (I still do on demand...
  8. Notification - Check your virus protection

Notification - Check your virus protection: Hi I have recently being advised by Notification to check virus protection. Dialog reads: Windows Defender Antivirus and multiple other antivirus apps are turned off. Tap or click to see installed antivirus. After clicking on a dialog box appears Titled Security and...
  9. Notification - Check virus protection

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification - Check virus protection: Hi I have recently being advised by Notification to check virus protection. Dialog reads: Windows Defender Antivirus and multiple other antivirus apps are turned off. Tap or click to see installed antivirus. After clicking on a dialog box appears Titled Security and...
  10. Virus Protection Repeated Pop-Up

Virus Protection Repeated Pop-Up: I tried Googling this to no avail. Windows gives me this notification (plus infuriating noise) every few seconds: Virus Protection (Security and Maintenance) That's all - there seems to be no actual information just that it wants me to look at my virus settings. All...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1809 stop antivirus

2. comodo getting protection info