Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro ( 1809) doesn't detect cpus correctly.

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro ( 1809) doesn't detect cpus correctly. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a HP Z620 workstation running Windows 10 Pro but recently it seems it doesn't detect the cpu's correctly anymore. Setup is 2 x Intel xeon E5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NicoAlbrecht1, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro ( 1809) doesn't detect cpus correctly.

I have a HP Z620 workstation running Windows 10 Pro but recently it seems it doesn't detect the cpu's correctly anymore.

Setup is 2 x Intel xeon E5 - 2643 2 x 6 cores but Windows 10 Pro system and task manager only detects 1 socket 4 cores.

I popped in a new ssd and did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro and task managers shows 2 sockets 12 cores ..... so we know the system works.

Ideally I would like to salvage the old install. Checked with HP they are happy that all is working.

I did driver and bios update to the latest avaiaible , removed cpu's in task manager the usual trouble shooting.

cpu-z shows only 4 cores but intel tool shows 6 cores. HP win diagnostic shows 2 x 6 cores

In the registry 2 other older xeon cpus are written too, most likely from a temporary swap from another Z420 single cpu workstation at some stage in the past.

I checked boot options and only get 1 cpu with 4 cores in msconfig so windows 10 pro does only see 4 cores.

How can I force Windows 10 Pro to force to reinstall the cpu's or are there any registry hacks. backups are in place

:)

NicoAlbrecht1, Mar 1, 2019

2. MSI Motherboard Doesn't Detect Asus GPU.

List your full system spec's, what were you using as a GPU before? How did you remove the old drivers?

jaggerwild, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Windows Edge still doesn`t work correctly

It is now 6 weeks since I upgraded to 10 and Windows Edge still does not work correctly.

I cannot download anything with Edge (or ie11). It includes all sites eg, Microsoft, Logitech, Epson etc.

Dynamic links do not work and it doesn`t remember my log-in details although it asks if I want it to remember them.

Favourites do not get put on the favourites bar although I click on that option.

I have done all the advice I`ve been given, ie disable anti-virus etc.

Why do they have a Windows support tile if it doesn`t work?

Can anybody help me?

Graham Laughlan, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Pro ( 1809) doesn't detect cpus correctly.

Activation of Windows 10 Pro doesn´t work

Hallo, i can´t activate my windows 10 Pro (free upgrade from windows 7);

Info: 0xC0EA000A

Manual activation doesn´t work either.

Important (i think): I had to re-install windows 10 (3 or even 4 times). because I had massive problems with "Start and Cortana Issues".

I hope, I don´t have to search the old product key.

PS. Yes, Windows 7 was genuine.

MichalMichalczyk, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro ( 1809) doesn't detect cpus correctly.

1. Windows 10 Pro ( 1809) doesn't detect cpus correctly. - Similar Threads - Pro 1809 doesn't

2. Make Windows 10 Pro for apple CPUs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Make Windows 10 Pro for apple CPUs: To Microsoft Can you please start building completely new Windows 10 OS for macs with Apple CPUs as there will be people who will need to use macs with Apple silocon and want to use Windows 10 on these macs for software that cannot work on Mac? There will be a time where I...
  3. Windows 10 not detecting bluetooth earphone correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not detecting bluetooth earphone correctly: Hello! I purchased JBL Reflect Contour 2 earphones a few weeks ago, and have since been trying to connect them with my PC but to no avail. My PC has Windows 10 installed on it. When I search for available bluetooth devices, the earphones are detected as "Bluetooth device" as...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Version 1809

Windows 10 Pro Version 1809: We are a small business (3 employees) and upgraded our computers to Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 back at the end of May. We have had nothing but problems. The latest one was due to some Windows updates which got automatically installed. We had to call our computer support...
  5. Windows 10 doesn't detect correct display resolution FIX

Windows 10 doesn't detect correct display resolution FIX: Hey guys, My windows wouldnt detect the correct resolution for my 4K monitor and only went up to '1600 x 900 (Recommended)'. I was able to fix this by doing the optional windows update AKA after that windows fixed itself. Reinstalling the display adapters didnt work for me,...
  6. does normal windows 10 pro support multi-CPUs

does normal windows 10 pro support multi-CPUs: Hi, windows 10 pro for workstation supports up to 4 CPUs. what about windows 10 pro?Can I install it on DEL R730 with 2 CPUs intel E5-2609v4? Thinks Best wishes...
  7. Windows 10 update 1809 not detected

Windows 10 update 1809 not detected: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Pro current version 1803. Windows Update is unable to detect any 1809 update and shows all update installed. Windows 10 Update Assistant also says I have "the latest" version. Windows Media Tool however, says the language/version isn't supported...
  8. Microsoft publishes lists of supported CPUs for Windows 10 version 1809

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft publishes lists of supported CPUs for Windows 10 version 1809: Microsoft released the Windows 10 October 2018 Update on October 2nd to the general public globally. Soon after the company decided to suspend or block the rollout to investigate isolated reports after users complained of data loss during or after the installation of the...
  9. Windows 10 Pro 1809

Windows 10 Pro 1809: Good Morning, I have been fighting the Microsoft Update issue for over a month, have tried all things posted and to no avail. The troubleshooter finds nothing, I tried starting BITS before updating and continually I get error codes. Does anyone actually have a fix for this...
  10. Windows 10 and future CPUs

Windows 10 and future CPUs: Hey all, Premise: So lately I've been reading up on articles (below) that detail Win 10 and old CPUs will no longer be compatible. I want to stay on Win 7 as long as possible as i think it's perfect for my needs, however my rig is long due for an update. My CPU, board, RAM...