Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro 1809 Killed My Network

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro 1809 Killed My Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Unfortunately, I was unaware of the issues with the 1809 update and blissfully downloaded it on to two of my PC's and now my network is broken. They... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FelixDaHousecat, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro 1809 Killed My Network

Unfortunately, I was unaware of the issues with the 1809 update and blissfully downloaded it on to two of my PC's and now my network is broken. They just won't talk and I've tried every weird and wonderful fix on the net but it's still "No fix"! I can't roll this PC back because it's a fresh clean instal.

Does anyone know when Microsoft will fix this?

It's very inconvenient!

:)

FelixDaHousecat, Jan 26, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Garyw Win User
    kill dwm.exe windows 10 pro 64bit

I found this link

What is dwm.exe and why is it using so much memory?

With this note: "The steps below only work for Windows Vista and Windows 7. Desktop Windows Manager is not displayed in the Services window on Windows 8 and Windows 10, and therefore cannot be turned off or disabled."

These links have suggestions for improving performance:

dwm.exe Desktop Window Manager High CPU on Windows 10 [Solved] - Driver Easy
    Fix: Dwm.exe issues in Windows 10
    I would start here:

Windows 10 Pro 1809 Killed My Network [​IMG]

Garyw, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Pro 1809 Killed My Network

Windows 10 kills network adapter

Installed the new Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 3 and it killed all networking. I ran troubleshooter and it cannot find the network adaptor. Even took it to the local Microsoft Store and they could not fix the problem

JessieStout, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro 1809 Killed My Network

1. Windows 10 Pro 1809 Killed My Network - Similar Threads - Pro 1809 Killed

2. Windows 10 Pro Reset killed my Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Pro Reset killed my Bluetooth: Recently, I had to completely reset my computer and reinstall Windows 10 Pro following acquiring a Trojan that wouldn't fully clear. I tried a reset that left my apps and documents that was unsuccessful first. I have an external Bluetooth that worked fine before doing so....
  3. Windows 10 Pro Reset killed my Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro Reset killed my Bluetooth: Recently, I had to completely reset my computer and reinstall Windows 10 Pro following acquiring a Trojan that wouldn't fully clear. I tried a reset that left my apps and documents that was unsuccessful first. I have an external Bluetooth that worked fine before doing so....
  4. Windows 10 update has killed my Mac Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 update has killed my Mac Network: Hi, Last night my windows machine did the most recent windows update and now I can no longer connect to my desktop from my macbook. I use my macbook for work so transferring files is essential. What's weird is that I can connect to my macbook from my desktop so I assume...
  5. Windows 10 Pro 1903 killed my network

Windows 10 Pro 1903 killed my network: Unfortunately, I was not aware of the problems with the 1903 update and downloaded it happily on two of my PCs and now my network is broken. They just do not talk and I have tried all the strange and wonderful solutions on the net, I can not backtrack this PC because it is a...
  6. Network permission errors Windows 10 Pro Version 1809

Network permission errors Windows 10 Pro Version 1809: I have three PCs all running Windows 10 Pro Version 1809. All the sharing settings are identical where network discovery and file and printer sharing are turned on as well as password protected sharing turned off. Computer 1 can see the other two computers but: Can...
  7. Window 10 Pro (Version 1809) - Networking Trouble

Window 10 Pro (Version 1809) - Networking Trouble: I have 3-computers, all with Windows 10 Pro (Version 1809) and want to share file and pictures as well as share printers on my private home network. No matter which computer I'm on, and try to access another computer on the network, it ask me for "Credentials." I look up...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Network Problems After 1809 Upgrade

Windows 10 Pro Network Problems After 1809 Upgrade: When I upgraded my PC to Windows 10 1803 I had problems accessing the 3 pcs on my home network. This was resolved by setting several services to automatic start, on all 3 pcs. After which I had a reliable, rock solid network. I've now upgraded to Windows 10 1809, and my...
  9. Windows 10 Pro 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro 1809: Good Morning, I have been fighting the Microsoft Update issue for over a month, have tried all things posted and to no avail. The troubleshooter finds nothing, I tried starting BITS before updating and continually I get error codes. Does anyone actually have a fix for this...
  10. Windows 10 Killed my Network Connections

Windows 10 Killed my Network Connections: Hello, I "upgraded" to Win10 using the Free Upgrade option on 8/8/15. Immediately after starting Win10 I lost my connection to my LAN (TP-Link router) and my Bluetooth USB stick stopped working. I get a unidentified network message that says I have a bad IP address...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot add a new win 10 pro ver 1809 computer to a lan

2. win 10 pro update network problems 1809