Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro 1809, the shutdown button problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro 1809, the shutdown button problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please (again) for help? After upgrading to Windows 10 Pro 1809, the shutdown button also works as the reboot button. Initially (normal) indicates that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by geoimgTZ., Dec 29, 2018.

1. geoimgTZ. Win User

Windows 10 Pro 1809, the shutdown button problem

Please (again) for help? After upgrading to Windows 10 Pro 1809, the shutdown button also works as the reboot button. Initially (normal) indicates that the computer turns off, the screen turns black, but starts charging again after a while? I tried the repair tools, but they tell me I have no problems.
    Thanks in advance for the help.

:)

geoimgTZ., Dec 29, 2018
  2. AsRock Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 and the shutdown button

Well i always use the shutdown button and apparently Win10 Pro don't actually shutdown unless you turn off hibernation, well i don't want to do that, i just want the shutdown do just what it should shutdown and hibernation to to do just that lol.

So anyone know the reg key or if there is some thing in the administrative tools that makes shutdown mean just that ?.

What i have noticed is when your on a upgrade from win7 some times it shutdown and some time's it hibernated how ever this is not the case with a fresh install of Win10.

I believe this is a option that spawned in with Win8 and has carried over to win 10.

Windows 10 Pro 1809, the shutdown button problem uptime.jpg

AsRock, Dec 29, 2018
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    [Solved] Windows 10 and the shutdown button

Personally, I just turn off Hibernation, as it has never worked properly in W10 for me. It's also quite a common problem. I notice that startup and shutdown are very speedy without it. and actually seem to have sped up without fast start (which depends on hibernation of the kernel) enabled, as it "learns."

rtwjunkie, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Pro 1809, the shutdown button problem

Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro 1809, the shutdown button problem

1. Windows 10 Pro 1809, the shutdown button problem - Similar Threads - Pro 1809 shutdown

2. wi-fi 0x9f on shutdown Windows 10 Pro 1809

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wi-fi 0x9f on shutdown Windows 10 Pro 1809: This is an intermittent problem that has plagued me for some time, especially after a forced update from 1803 to 1809. My computer is a 64 bit Toshiba Satellite Satellite P50 (PSPMHA-0EE04S). There is no malware and I have carefully checked for driver updates. I have run...
  3. Software Installation Problem on Windows 10 PRO 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Software Installation Problem on Windows 10 PRO 1809: I have a strange problem with the installation of the AUTODESK VRED Pro 2019 on my PC - Windows 10 Pro. A couple days ago I had a problem with my Windows 10 Administrator account and with the Windows Support Team a new Administrator account got created, all data got...
  4. Problems with Windows 10 Pro version 1809-Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems with Windows 10 Pro version 1809-Windows Update: Day 28/01/2019 I installed a new Windows Update, switched my modem and my internet, a 40MB VDSL and a Tplink modem, by a 100MB fiber optic and a HUAWEI HG8245Q2 modem. It looks great, increased well the stability and speed and range only..., I can no longer update my windows,...
  5. Windows 10 shutdown problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 shutdown problem: After booting windows 10 log it shutdown unexpectedly continuously and i try many time to install windows 10 but same thing happen and Windows in safe mode working fine...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Network Problems After 1809 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro Network Problems After 1809 Upgrade: When I upgraded my PC to Windows 10 1803 I had problems accessing the 3 pcs on my home network. This was resolved by setting several services to automatic start, on all 3 pcs. After which I had a reliable, rock solid network. I've now upgraded to Windows 10 1809, and my...
  7. Problem with Windows 10 shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with Windows 10 shutdown: Hello, I'm having a weird problem with Win10, where we I click on the Windows icon and open the "Sleep, Shut down, Restart" window, it is scrolling continuously on all 3 of those options. I have searched everywhere to see any info that could be causing this, or other...
  8. Windows 10 Pro 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro 1809: Good Morning, I have been fighting the Microsoft Update issue for over a month, have tried all things posted and to no avail. The troubleshooter finds nothing, I tried starting BITS before updating and continually I get error codes. Does anyone actually have a fix for this...
  9. Problems with the Restart and Shutdown Buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with the Restart and Shutdown Buttons: Good morning everyone, I have an Hp running Win10 Pro. When I want to shutdown or restart, The buttons don't seem to work. I end up doing a "hard" shutdown. Has anyone experienced that and if you have, how do you fix it? Thank you in advance for any help I receive on this....
  10. Windows 10 Shutdown Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Shutdown Problem: I have ASUS X455LD Laptop with Intel Corei3 2Gb ram Since I Installed windows 10 my laptop wont shutdown properly (fan still spinning and the led on) and when i start my laptop the loading screen turns off the screen once then turns on the screen again but still load and i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shutdown button not working in windows 10 1809

2. windows 10 1809 real shutdown

3. windows 1809 shut down issue

4. windows 10 1809 shutdown makes pc restart,
  5. windows 10 1809 not shutdown