Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro 1809 -- Windows System Sounds stopped working

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro 1809 -- Windows System Sounds stopped working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; System Sounds are not playing. I couldn't find any category that covers this or a "misc" category, if this is in the wrong place, please move it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by charlesstrouss, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro 1809 -- Windows System Sounds stopped working

System Sounds are not playing. I couldn't find any category that covers this or a "misc" category, if this is in the wrong place, please move it. Also if it has been covered before, please point me there, I could not figure out how to search for it without getting tons of **** from 10 years ago mixed in.

Sound works fine on video playback. If I go to the "sounds" menu and press the test button, the sounds play fine, ie: the WAV files are intact, the volumes are at 100% in the Volume Mixer and not muted.

But stuff like startup/shutdown/USB insert/remove are completely silent, even though they have the standard sound files selected in the "sounds" menu (and I have tried pressing "restore defaults").

Also, some of my apps like IrfanView call through the Microsoft System Sounds "asterisk", possibly by sending a BEL to STDOUT, and they stopped working as well.

It looks like my last major upgrade was in January, but it kept working after that... I'm not 100% sure when it stopped working, but it has been more than 3 days and less than 2 weeks.

The only thing I can think of that might have caused it is that I sometimes press the "mute" function on all of the audio if I need to leave the computer working while I sleep, but I've tried toggling the mute functions, rebooting, etc, etc. and nothing has fixed it.

:)

charlesstrouss, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Windows 10 Pro 1809 -- Windows System Sounds stopped working

Windows 10

Thats awesome! I wonder just how far we can bend it! for the record the official system requirements for the tech preview are as follows.

• Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster

• RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)

• Free hard disk space: 16 GB

• Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver

• A Microsoft account and Internet access
    which are the same for windows 8 operating systems.

Solaris17, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro 1809 -- Windows System Sounds stopped working

1. Windows 10 Pro 1809 -- Windows System Sounds stopped working - Similar Threads - Pro 1809 System

2. Sound Randomly stops working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound Randomly stops working in Windows 10: Hi there!I have been going through this problem with my PC, Whenever I watch a Video or I am playing a Game, The Audio stops working randomly and I have to either restart my PC or Increase/decrease the Volume to fix it. Even then, The audio works for a few seconds and then...
  3. Sound Randomly Stops Working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Randomly Stops Working on Windows 10: Hello, I am having a problem with my Windows 10 PC. Randomly, the sound stops working, it seem to do it when I go into discord, and go into a voice channel, then no audio outputs work until I restart my PC, what do I do?...
  4. Windows System Sounds Not Working

Windows System Sounds Not Working: Hello I'm having a strange issue on my Windows 10 desktop. All sounds are working fine (Music etc.), EXCEPT the System Sounds (recycle bin delete noise, Windows startup sound, etc). I can watch Youtube, listen to music, do voice chat, etc and all that fine there, but cannot...
  5. Sound will not work on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound will not work on Windows 10 Pro: I cannot get the sound to work on Windows 10 Pro- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-will-not-work-on-windows-10-pro/1e83d79b-8808-4348-9a70-cd144ac159cb
  6. Windows 10 1809 desktop notifications stopped working

Windows 10 1809 desktop notifications stopped working: Hi All, We're running Windows 10 Education 1809 build 17763.503 and following from our upgrade from 1709 desktop toast notifications has completely stopped on a select few workstations. However, they work fine when connected via remote desktop I have: Made sure...
  7. Windows system sounds are not working.

Windows system sounds are not working.: I've been using windows 10 for about 3 years now, but I never had this problem. Today, everything was working fine, but then all of a sudden, system sounds stopped working. I still have the sound scheme set to "Windows Default" and I can preview the sounds in the page that I...
  8. Windows 10 Pro 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro 1809: Good Morning, I have been fighting the Microsoft Update issue for over a month, have tried all things posted and to no avail. The troubleshooter finds nothing, I tried starting BITS before updating and continually I get error codes. Does anyone actually have a fix for this...
  9. Sound stops working on Windows 10

Sound stops working on Windows 10: Windows 10, version 1803 Last update was KB4100347 I have a sound problem. It just stops working (twice now in four days), not sure what's wrong or how to work through it. When I look in drivers, it says they're up-to-date and that they're working. However, deleting...
  10. Windows System Sounds Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows System Sounds Not Working: Hello I'm having a strange issue on my Windows 10 desktop. All sounds are working fine (Music etc.), EXCEPT the System Sounds (recycle bin delete noise, Windows startup sound, etc). I can watch Youtube, listen to music, do voice chat, etc and all that fine there, but cannot...