Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro 1903 killed my network

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro 1903 killed my network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Unfortunately, I was not aware of the problems with the 1903 update and downloaded it happily on two of my PCs and now my network is broken. They just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FrancineMoran, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro 1903 killed my network

Unfortunately, I was not aware of the problems with the 1903 update and downloaded it happily on two of my PCs and now my network is broken. They just do not talk and I have tried all the strange and wonderful solutions on the net, I can not backtrack this PC because it is a new and clean installation.

Does anyone know when Microsoft will fix this?

:)

FrancineMoran, Jun 15, 2019
  2. wpcoe Win User

No WiFi in Win10 Pro (1903) Windows Sandbox

I (seemingly) successfully updated my Surface Pro 6 to v.1903 today, and after some initial fumbles enabling it, now have Windows Sandbox enabled and it seems to open just fine. However, there is no WiFi access within Sandbox.

Accessing Settings for Network & Internet, the list on the left is:
    Status
    Ethernet
    Dial-up
    VPN
    Airplane mode
    Date usage
    Proxy
    WiFi appears no place in that window. Network status shows No Internet Access.

What step am I missing to be able to access the internet from within the Sandbox using my computer's WiFi connection?

wpcoe, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Garyw Win User
    kill dwm.exe windows 10 pro 64bit

I found this link

What is dwm.exe and why is it using so much memory?

With this note: "The steps below only work for Windows Vista and Windows 7. Desktop Windows Manager is not displayed in the Services window on Windows 8 and Windows 10, and therefore cannot be turned off or disabled."

These links have suggestions for improving performance:

dwm.exe Desktop Window Manager High CPU on Windows 10 [Solved] - Driver Easy
    Fix: Dwm.exe issues in Windows 10
    I would start here:

Windows 10 Pro 1903 killed my network [​IMG]

Garyw, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Pro 1903 killed my network

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro 1903 killed my network

1. Windows 10 Pro 1903 killed my network - Similar Threads - Pro 1903 killed

2. Windows 10 Pro Reset killed my Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Pro Reset killed my Bluetooth: Recently, I had to completely reset my computer and reinstall Windows 10 Pro following acquiring a Trojan that wouldn't fully clear. I tried a reset that left my apps and documents that was unsuccessful first. I have an external Bluetooth that worked fine before doing so....
  3. Windows 10 Pro Reset killed my Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro Reset killed my Bluetooth: Recently, I had to completely reset my computer and reinstall Windows 10 Pro following acquiring a Trojan that wouldn't fully clear. I tried a reset that left my apps and documents that was unsuccessful first. I have an external Bluetooth that worked fine before doing so....
  4. Updating to 1903 killing networking and permissions/10016 errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating to 1903 killing networking and permissions/10016 errors: 3 months ago I upgraded 1803 to 1903 via the installation medium due to constant update problems and it all but destroyed the OS. There were permissions issues due to MS changing, deleting or not installing accounts which caused 10016 errors, so no networking whatsoever. I...
  5. Windows 10 update has killed my Mac Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 update has killed my Mac Network: Hi, Last night my windows machine did the most recent windows update and now I can no longer connect to my desktop from my macbook. I use my macbook for work so transferring files is essential. What's weird is that I can connect to my macbook from my desktop so I assume...
  6. Windows 10 1903 kills Silverlight LOB applications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 1903 kills Silverlight LOB applications: We've run into a serious problem on PCs that have upgraded to Windows 10 1903. Silverlight web applications are allowed to interact with local components provided two conditions: A) The web application is signed with the same signing certificate that has signed the local...
  7. Update 1903 Killed NVMe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 1903 Killed NVMe: I have always been against updating windows for obvious reasons. Google windows 10 killed computer and you will find many. Update 1903 was forced on my computer, which killed my main storage ($90 EX920 500GB M.2 NVMe), is there any way to hold Microsoft accountable without...
  8. Network share issue--Windows 10 Pro x64 1903

Network share issue--Windows 10 Pro x64 1903: Hello All Symptoms: Shared a folder on my external drive to backup another family members PC over the network, tried to use macirum reflect to the image, it seen the PC, but couldn't access the folder, even after entering Admin account & password into on client machine....
  9. Windows 10 Pro 1809 Killed My Network

Windows 10 Pro 1809 Killed My Network: Unfortunately, I was unaware of the issues with the 1809 update and blissfully downloaded it on to two of my PC's and now my network is broken. They just won't talk and I've tried every weird and wonderful fix on the net but it's still "No fix"! I can't roll this PC back...
  10. Windows 10 Killed my Network Connections

Windows 10 Killed my Network Connections: Hello, I "upgraded" to Win10 using the Free Upgrade option on 8/8/15. Immediately after starting Win10 I lost my connection to my LAN (TP-Link router) and my Bluetooth USB stick stopped working. I get a unidentified network message that says I have a bad IP address...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Win10 1903 network

2. killer network with windows 1903

3. fix win10 1903 network

4. windows 10 version 1903 networking