Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro 1903 - Python, Path variables, and the Windows Store annoyance

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro 1903 - Python, Path variables, and the Windows Store annoyance in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Alright, so this is my first post and it is in regards to an annoyance and how Windows 10 Pro 1903 update is ignoring my Path variables. I have... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ecool, May 27, 2019.

1. ecool Win User

Windows 10 Pro 1903 - Python, Path variables, and the Windows Store annoyance

Alright, so this is my first post and it is in regards to an annoyance and how Windows 10 Pro 1903 update is ignoring my Path variables.

I have installed Python3 from the python.org site because I like having control over my applications and the Windows 10 Store is not something I like to use for that. Prior to the 1903 update I was able to use my Python install just fine. I have uninstalled python completely and reinstalled. Rebooted multiple times. Manually edited the PATH variables. Windows 10 still opens up the Windows Store when I try to run `python`/`python.exe`. This is getting really annoying because I don't want to install the Windows Store version.

If anyone knows how to get this working right, please let me know. Thanks

Here are some screenshots.

Windows 10 Pro 1903 - Python, Path variables, and the Windows Store annoyance a8f3eaaa-a714-4ea2-ac8c-56c35f5045b2?upload=true.png

User Env:

Windows 10 Pro 1903 - Python, Path variables, and the Windows Store annoyance 5f49ef82-c716-4777-9719-5b9705127700?upload=true.png

System Env:

Windows 10 Pro 1903 - Python, Path variables, and the Windows Store annoyance 5c027152-82fe-4a69-9aee-b486bf0f72f4?upload=true.png

And an example of the annoyance.

Windows 10 Pro 1903 - Python, Path variables, and the Windows Store annoyance de7ab424-2b88-46f4-97fd-01518af820a8?upload=true.png

If there is more information that might help please let me know.

-ecool

:)

ecool, May 27, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, May 27, 2019
  3. MCK
    mck Win User
    System environment variable won't stick

Running Win10 Home on an Acer Spin 3, 64bit, i7cpu. I try to add a path to the system environment variables by:

1. Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced tab > Environment variables

2. The "Environment Variables" window opens.
    3. In the "System Variables" pane I select "Path" and click the EDIT button.
    4. A list of the current system paths is displayed.
    5. I click the NEW button, browse to the path I want to add which is "C:\Python36-32" and click OK. The path "C:\Python36-32" is added to the list of current system paths.
    6. I click OK and am returned to the "Environment Variables" window.
    7. I click the "X" at the top right to close the "Environment Variables" window.

Now if I click the "Environment Variables" button again (end of step-1) and repeat steps 2-4, the new path I added in step-5 is gone. IOW, adding a new path won't stick.

What am I doing wrong?

4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro 1903 - Python, Path variables, and the Windows Store annoyance - Similar Threads - Pro 1903 Python

2. Is PATH is on the User Variables, or System Variable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is PATH is on the User Variables, or System Variable?: Hello, I have a problem with my PATH variable in my Windows 8.1 computer.1. Where it all starts:I installed SQLite on my computer, and then i want to test it from Command Prompt with this command:sqlite3 test.dbBut the output is:'sqlite3' is not recognized as an internal or...
  3. Is PATH is on the User Variables, or System Variable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is PATH is on the User Variables, or System Variable?: Hello, I have a problem with my PATH variable in my Windows 8.1 computer.1. Where it all starts:I installed SQLite on my computer, and then i want to test it from Command Prompt with this command:sqlite3 test.dbBut the output is:'sqlite3' is not recognized as an internal or...
  4. Python default path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Python default path: Hello, is there any way I can specify the global python path? For whatever reason it is set to the one which comes with Inkscape...Is there any way I can change the 3.10.2 path to the system one?Thank you...
  5. Python default path

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Python default path: Hello, is there any way I can specify the global python path? For whatever reason it is set to the one which comes with Inkscape...Is there any way I can change the 3.10.2 path to the system one?Thank you...
  6. set path in windows 10 for environment variables

in Windows 10 Customization
    set path in windows 10 for environment variables: Set path in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-path-in-windows-10-for-environment-variables/b608e15a-4994-4d1a-ae4e-1d220293dc22
  7. Python 2.7.9 path

Python 2.7.9 path: Installed Python 2.7.9 on PC for use with FSEconomy interface. After sever attempts to establish "path" in environment variables and system variables I still get "Python is not recognized as an internal or external comparable program or batch file in the Command Prompt....
  8. regarding path variable of user variable of environment variable

regarding path variable of user variable of environment variable: please help me fast, I accidentally deleted path variable of user variable ..... I want to restore it. the real situation is I cannot run android studio project and it shows error - " unable to start daemon process............This problem might be caused by incorrect...
  9. Environmental variable/path

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Environmental variable/path: Hello community, I need some help. I was attempting to download Oracle JDK/JRE and somehow corrupted my path. Can anyone tell me the default path setting that I need to restore? I appreciate your help....
  10. Setting path variable in Environment variables Windows 10

Setting path variable in Environment variables Windows 10: How can I stack up multiple path variables? Currently, it overwrites the old one when I try to edit. (I believe mindless updates are bad and updates should only happen when it is reasonably certain they will improve usability, and not just so that some people have a job.)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pro 1903 env variables