Windows 10: Windows 10 PRO 1909 Boot Hang From Power ON about 10% of the time

Discus and support Windows 10 PRO 1909 Boot Hang From Power ON about 10% of the time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a strange issue. We have an SSD and all seems OK. we do turn the power off each night. However, when we boot the next day we get the normal MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MPSAN, Mar 26, 2020.

1. MPSAN Win User

Windows 10 PRO 1909 Boot Hang From Power ON about 10% of the time

I have a strange issue. We have an SSD and all seems OK. we do turn the power off each night. However, when we boot the next day we get the normal MS Flag on screen and then it says hello to my wife as it continues to boot. This is all good and we have had this system I built using an ASUS Z170 MoBo for a few years. We did have a CMOS battery die and I thought that I had all settings back to normal, but about 1 in 10 times when we power it up, it goes to that MS Flag and it just hangs. All I need to do is hit the reset on my case and all comes up. This makes me think that when I changed my dead CMOS battery there was 1 setting I missed. Is there a setting like fast boot that I should set to normal as I do not remember what I used to have.
    Thank You all for your help and I hope this is in the correct forum section.

:)

MPSAN, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Mar 26, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 PRO 1909 Boot Hang From Power ON about 10% of the time - Similar Threads - PRO 1909 Boot

2. boot time error windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    boot time error windows 10 pro: Hello guys,about 3 weeks ago my laptop auto update bios and after some windows update my laptop start to going crazy,now i need to wait like 12 or 15 min till he boot time,i try all solution i find on internet and nothing work,some friends tell me to re-install the windows...
  3. windows 10 hangs on the first time boot screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 hangs on the first time boot screen: I added my laptop to my test environment in intune and then removed it from intune. Since it was still running certain things I set in the policy like not allowing users to change the background, I tried to reinstall windows 10 via a bootable usb. However, when setting up the...
  4. Windows 10 Pro 1909

Windows 10 Pro 1909: Trying to add to the already numerous reports about onboard audio issues when trying to link to any kind of webcam/streaming/screen capturing app. Also, I see people are extremely frustrated with Windows and justifiably so. Some are even considering ditching Windows for...
  5. Windows 10 Pro is hanging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro is hanging: My windows 10 pro hangs unexpectedly even when I try pressing ctrl+alt+del it displays nothing even after restarting it does the same what is the solution to this? * Original title: HANGING...
  6. Windows 10, version 1909 update hangs

Windows 10, version 1909 update hangs: I have tried twice to install Windows 10, version 1909 update. and boh times it hanged up at 91%. I waited 12 hours before I switched PC off. The system on reboot displayed "uninstalling changes" and I was able to use the pc. Thanks for any ideas...
  7. Windows 10 hangs on boot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 hangs on boot: My toshiba satellite this morning displayed a diognosing message that continues to run, am guessing I’m locked up. How do I return my laptop to normal operation? Step by step please, startin with how to power up in safe mode, assuming that is a starting point to remedy....
  8. Windows 10 hangs on boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 hangs on boot: My Windows 10 hangs up if I boot up after a shutdown. I have to reboot at least 3 times before I can enter my password. My interim solution to avoid this annoyance has been to NEVER let the machine go to sleep. However if I get a Windows update or experience a power outage, I...
  9. Windows 10 Boot Hang

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Boot Hang: I start the computer, I see the Asus Splash screen, it goes to the new Windows 10 Load screen with the new flag and the spinning dots..... It freezes. I hit my reset button and it boots fine.... Everytime... why? *Smile 31403
  10. Windows 10 Boot Hang

Windows 10 Boot Hang: I have a brand new Dell laptop which had Windows 10 installed. After 2 weeks of use, it started hanging on startup. The 5 dots spin in a circle and then freeze. This happens during regular startup, and it also hangs the same way while loading System Maintenance (the automatic...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i have a asus laptop how do i use the media creation tool 1909 exe when it wont even reboot need reinstall windows 10