Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro 1909 in SBS 2011 Environment - Some game and app tiles removed from start...

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro 1909 in SBS 2011 Environment - Some game and app tiles removed from start... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When a Windows 10 Pro 1903/1909 PC is joined to an SBS 2011 Domain, if you login to a local user account, the user's start menu contains Consumer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Machine_Silver, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro 1909 in SBS 2011 Environment - Some game and app tiles removed from start...

When a Windows 10 Pro 1903/1909 PC is joined to an SBS 2011 Domain, if you login to a local user account, the user's start menu contains Consumer Experience apps such as Candy Crush, Microsoft News, Money etc. If you login to a Domain account, they all get removed leaving only the more business oriented apps.

Can anybody please tell me what group policy, start-up script, reg key etc. causes this functionality? If it is possible, I would like to be able to reproduce the behaviour on local accounts on both Domain joined and peer PCs. Does anybody know how please? It must surely be something in the client PC because SBS 2011 is not aware of W10 specific policies?

:)

Machine_Silver, Dec 28, 2019

2. Windows 10 Pro client on SBS 2011?

It should work, since it supports as far back Windows Server 2003 domains.

See:

Windows 10 and SBS 2011 - Microsoft

Andre Da Costa, Dec 28, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Pro client on SBS 2011?

I have installed Windows 10 as a client workstation on the SBS 2011 Standard and it is working fine.

Crazy IT Dude, Dec 28, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Pro 1909 in SBS 2011 Environment - Some game and app tiles removed from start...

Windows 10 & Quickbooks Pro 2011

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that after you have upgraded to Windows 10 you are facing issues with the Quickbooks pro 2011.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better,

1. Are you getting any error message?

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

I would like to inform you that Quickbook Pro 2011 is not compatible with Windows 10. Therefore it is needed to install in compatibility mode.

Hence,I suggest you to reinstall the Quickbooks pro 2011 in the compatibility mode and check if it helps,

Please follow the steps below for more information:

• Right click on the setup file of the application and select
      Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the
      operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Click OK and run the setup.
    I would also suggest you to refer the below link,

https://community.intuit.com/articl...quickbooks-2011-and-enterprise-solutions-11-0

If the issue still persists after troubleshooting steps I would suggest you to contact to Quickbooks Pro 2011 support.

QB Community BACKING YOU

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro 1909 in SBS 2011 Environment - Some game and app tiles removed from start...

1. Windows 10 Pro 1909 in SBS 2011 Environment - Some game and app tiles removed from start... - Similar Threads - Pro 1909 SBS

2. Trouble activating SBS 2011 Essentials after moving to virtualised environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble activating SBS 2011 Essentials after moving to virtualised environment: Hi all,I had a physical SBS2011 essentials machine that was moved to a virtualised environment and needed activating due to detected hardware changes.The online update did not work and I had to ring through the phone line. However the activation assistant does not accept the...
  3. Trouble activating SBS 2011 Essentials after moving to virtualised environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble activating SBS 2011 Essentials after moving to virtualised environment: Hi all,I had a physical SBS2011 essentials machine that was moved to a virtualised environment and needed activating due to detected hardware changes.The online update did not work and I had to ring through the phone line. However the activation assistant does not accept the...
  4. Windows SBS 2011 Folders are being moved inside different folders randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows SBS 2011 Folders are being moved inside different folders randomly: I am running a very old server SBS 2011. And for the last few months I detected a problem.Some of the folders are automatically moved inside random folders. Do any of you think it a malware causing this issue?...
  5. Windows SBS 2011 Folders are being moved inside different folders randomly

Windows SBS 2011 Folders are being moved inside different folders randomly: I am running a very old server SBS 2011. And for the last few months I detected a problem.Some of the folders are automatically moved inside random folders. Do any of you think it a malware causing this issue?...
  6. Connection Windows 10 Pro release 1803 to MS SBS 2011

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connection Windows 10 Pro release 1803 to MS SBS 2011: It is beyond frustrating to connect a brand new up to date laptop to MS SBS 2011! The laptop was added to the active directory of the server successfully but when setting up the user via the launcher app (or through the connect web page tried through both IE and Edge) it...
  7. Store and some apps from tiles in start in windows 10 do not open

Store and some apps from tiles in start in windows 10 do not open: Store (windows app store) and various apps do not open from the start menu. Store will also not open from search box. It just flashes on the screen, but does not open. Apps- such as 3D builder, Alarms and Clocks, One Note, Sports just indicate this app cannot be opened and go...
  8. can't add or remove tiles from start

can't add or remove tiles from start: Hi there, I have a Surface Pro3 which came with win10 installed (unlike my other SP3 which I upgraded to W10). I just decided to customize my start menu a bit with some live tiles re-arrangement. Problem: I can't seem to pin or unpin apps to the tiles section of the start...
  9. Weekly BSOD on our SBS 2011 server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weekly BSOD on our SBS 2011 server: Dear support members, I need your help with fixing a BSOD issue with a server of one of our customers. I've run dm log collector and attached the zip file to my post. Attachment 25446 It is a DELL server but I don't know exactly which type. We've reinstalled the...
  10. Start Menu (Remove Tiles)

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu (Remove Tiles): Hey all, I beta tested Windows 10 several months back, previous to the version I tested, if you removed all the pined tiles from the start menu, it would look more like the conventional start menu. However in the few version I tested, even if you unpinned all the tiles,...