Windows 10: windows 10 pro 1909 is a nightmare

Discus and support windows 10 pro 1909 is a nightmare in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; the elitebook i have decided to try to update to 1909 from 1903 and when it was done it wouldnt even show me the sign in page so i ended up having to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by caryfireboy, Jan 24, 2020.

1. windows 10 pro 1909 is a nightmare

the elitebook i have decided to try to update to 1909 from 1903 and when it was done it wouldnt even show me the sign in page so i ended up having to reinstall 1903 from the beginning. not going to let it do the 1909 update for awhile.

:)

caryfireboy, Jan 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 24, 2020
  4. windows 10 pro 1909 is a nightmare

Windows 10 pro 1903 will not update to Win 10 Pro 1909

Notes:

1) Computer originaly used Win 7 Pro OA (OEM)

2) Reformatted the HD

3) Used Win10 Pro version 1903 to install on the Win 7 Pro OA (OEM) based computer.

4) Used the OA Product Key that was listed on the Computers Case.

5) Installation completed.
    Program confirms activation is valid.

6) Win 10 Pro will not list an available upgrade to Win 10 pro version 1909.

Sparkey1000, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 pro 1909 is a nightmare

1. windows 10 pro 1909 is a nightmare - Similar Threads - pro 1909 nightmare

2. Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909: Using HP Pro 3500 with 2 user accounts which intermittently freezes when switching accounts & before the change password box appears. Have to switch off then power back on to overcome the issue. Windows updates are set to auto, so carried out when prompted & looked for the...
  3. Windows 10 Pro 1803 update to 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro 1803 update to 1909: Hi there, I took my laptop to my local computer shop last week for them to carry out an upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10. Everything went ok and the laptop worked fine when I got it home but after a day or two I am getting a message on start up telling me that MS...
  4. Windows 10 pro 1903 will not update to Win 10 Pro 1909

Windows 10 pro 1903 will not update to Win 10 Pro 1909: Notes: 1 Computer originaly used Win 7 Pro OA OEM 2 Reformatted the HD 3 Used Win10 Pro version 1903 to install on the Win 7 Pro OA OEM based computer. 4 Used the OA Product Key that was listed on the Computers Case. 5 Installation completed. Program...
  5. Windows 10 Pro 1909 Random Shutdowns

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Pro 1909 Random Shutdowns: I own 2 computers running Windows 10 Pro 1909, and one of the machines will randomly shutdown whether I'm using it or it's just sitting. I'm very experienced with Windows and have made sure all of my settings are set correctly. I have every update installed as well. Is this...
  6. Windows 10 upgrade nightmare

Windows 10 upgrade nightmare: Hello. I have an SSD over here with a old Windows 10 installation (build16299.492) which is the Fall Creators Update and for whatever reason I have serious trouble with upgrading to the latest build. Lately I noticed that I wasn't getting any updates whatsoever. So not only...
  7. Absolute Nightmare Windows 10 1903

Absolute Nightmare Windows 10 1903: The forced Windows 10 1903 update really did a doozy on my PC. Thank you very much! Several hours today a real Microsoft tech attempted to make the fix but no go it's now been escalated to level 2, and an appointment set for tomorrow. Extremely high CPU usage makes this...
  8. Nightmares on windows 10 street !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nightmares on windows 10 street !: Hi all. I was here the other day, after my original copy of windows 10 64 bit on my own personal laptop decided to go screwy on me. (Note : I am the owner - and sole user of this machine at home !) Eventually, after all repairs and fixes failed, I bit the bullet. First...
  9. windows 10 1903 upgrade nightmare

windows 10 1903 upgrade nightmare: hello, I completed about a week without successful 1903 windows 10 update. The pc keeps running and running. I have tried with direct update from windows configuration. Last I tried with an iso windows downloaded and burned on a dvd disc. Previous trials a black screen with...
  10. Photos nightmare.....

in Windows 10 Support
    Photos nightmare.....: Hi folks ....have been successfully transferring pics from my camera(s) since days of '98....and now problems arise! TWINUI has now crept in as my pic viewer of choice. I managed to restore photo viewer (using these pages).....but believe that I now require Gallery...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update 1909 nightmares