Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro (2004) Not respecting Windows Update GPO settings anymore?

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro (2004) Not respecting Windows Update GPO settings anymore? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My windows 10 Pro will not respect my GPO Settings i've made in the local group policy editor (gpedit.msc) to configure windows automatic updates to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DarkoneReddits, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Pro (2004) Not respecting Windows Update GPO settings anymore?

My windows 10 Pro will not respect my GPO Settings i've made in the local group policy editor (gpedit.msc) to configure windows automatic updates to only download then notify to install and notify to restart.

My windows 10 installs updates automatically and then schedules a reboot "outside working hours" but this production machine is working 24/7 as i use it for long renders etc and windows is screwing everything up.

How can i get this awful operating system to not force updates on me like this? WTF is wrong with microsoft, as a professional user its awful that they force this shit down our throats.

Do you have any ideas or do i have to go down the brutefoce route of creating a scheduled job that disables windows update service every hour?

Processing img 07tjxakhlqg61...

submitted by /u/DarkoneReddits
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DarkoneReddits, Feb 10, 2021
  2. Franz Leu Win User

Since Windows 10 2004, updates from WSUS are not installed automatically, GPO is ignored

Hi

Since our clients are on Windows 10 2004, updates from WSUS are not installed automatically anymore. There is no notification, no nothing. The updates are listed in the WU dialog and are waiting for it to be manually installed.

We have configured a GPO to automatically download and install and inform the user about a needed reboot, give it 5 days.

This worked a treat up until Windows 10 1903.

What's wrong?

McL

Franz Leu, Feb 10, 2021
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Feb 10, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Pro (2004) Not respecting Windows Update GPO settings anymore?

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro (2004) Not respecting Windows Update GPO settings anymore?

1. Windows 10 Pro (2004) Not respecting Windows Update GPO settings anymore? - Similar Threads - Pro 2004 respecting

2. Windows "respects" power settings???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows "respects" power settings???: windows "respects" power settings???????????????"What? How?" MemeNOTE: This is not a question. I just want to post this for fun. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-respects-power-settings/6c0ca8f2-59cb-4ed1-b7ad-b1090af39833
  3. Windows "respects" power settings???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows "respects" power settings???: windows "respects" power settings???????????????"What? How?" MemeNOTE: This is not a question. I just want to post this for fun. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-respects-power-settings/6c0ca8f2-59cb-4ed1-b7ad-b1090af39833
  4. unable to update windows 10 pro 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to update windows 10 pro 2004: 0x800706ba erroor code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-update-windows-10-pro-2004/f0a151a7-1f7d-4f99-8775-4c9c5b0efd9d
  5. With respect to latest update in windows 10

With respect to latest update in windows 10: Dear Sir, I am your windows 10 user. using since 5-8 years never felt such a problem, but now after latest update my windows got slower and seeing many bugs too. i am watching online class right now but seriously i am getting frustrated the way new update torchering me....
  6. Windows 10 Pro update 2004

Windows 10 Pro update 2004: I am at version 1909. Twice I saw the link to update to version 2004, but I got a message "failed to install on 06/08/2020 0x80246017" Now I do not even see the link to download and updat. I get message that I am up to date! What now?...
  7. Windows respect my settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows respect my settings.: Can you believe this OS can't get something as simple as time right, I have been late for appointments because it decided to roll back my time by an hour, I have been dealing with this for months now, last week it really crushed me when it went back 2 hours which it has never...
  8. Windows 10 GPO for Proxy Settings in the Settings App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 GPO for Proxy Settings in the Settings App: Hi We have lot of different computers and laptops in our school that might require from time to time to be used for examinations. In this regard we have one common user "Exam-User" that logs into any of the devices in the school based on availablity. The internet, when...
  9. Doesn't windows respect privacy anymore?

Doesn't windows respect privacy anymore?: I know windows stopped caring about respecting users privacy ages ago, forcing more advanced users to use custom dlls blocking services and messing up with way deeper settings buried in lost dark places of windows. What I cant understand is that after all of that, with...
  10. Windows Updates GPO settings?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Updates GPO settings?: Just wondering here on this GPO setting which I am considering to change from Option 2 to Option 4 is which to Download the Updates automatically and have those installed on a schedule. The default schedule is 3:00AM but I tend to leave my laptop off entirely during the...