Windows 10: WIndows 10 Pro - 2004 update - Right click on any file or folder in explorer, context menu...

Discus and support WIndows 10 Pro - 2004 update - Right click on any file or folder in explorer, context menu... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I keep seeing other folks having similar issues. I have preformed every suggestion under the sun DISM, SFC, SysFix View, regedit hacks and on and on.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SuperLip, Sep 15, 2020.

1. SuperLip Win User

WIndows 10 Pro - 2004 update - Right click on any file or folder in explorer, context menu...

I keep seeing other folks having similar issues. I have preformed every suggestion under the sun DISM, SFC, SysFix View, regedit hacks and on and on.

Fortunately, I use a cloning program wherein I can roll back the entire C drive.

But...

I'd rather have everything working properly.

Is this a bug and therefore should wait until a fix/workaround that actually works should become available.

:)

SuperLip, Sep 15, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 15, 2020
  3. RE: Windows Explorer Context Menu - Right Click

Good evening,

After an update this week, the context menu that shows up when I right click on files and directories in Windows Explorer does not show what menu item is selected on my external monitors (It does appear on the laptop itself - though I believe that the color
    is the reason as the highlight color is almost white). Note that these context menus show up as expected within applications. It also works as expected if I turn High Contrast on or if I change the theme to Dark. Therefore, I know what the problem is, but
    none of the settings on the monitor fixes the problem. Can someone point me to a registry entry that would allow me the change the background color of the Windows Explorer context menus or to another solution?

My installation is Windows 10 - Version 2004 - Build 19041.450

Thanks in advance.

Jean-Maarc, Sep 15, 2020
  4. WIndows 10 Pro - 2004 update - Right click on any file or folder in explorer, context menu...

'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer

I just submitted this suggestion on Windows Uservoice:

The idea: the right-click menu for folders in File Explorer has an option called 'Open in new window', which opens that folder in a new File Explorer window. Very useful for copying and moving things, and opening destination folders without accessing the start menu a second time.

right-click menu option for File Explorer – Feature Suggestions for Windows

Delicieuxz, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

WIndows 10 Pro - 2004 update - Right click on any file or folder in explorer, context menu...

1. WIndows 10 Pro - 2004 update - Right click on any file or folder in explorer, context menu... - Similar Threads - Pro 2004 update

2. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  3. Right-click context menu in File Explorer missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right-click context menu in File Explorer missing: Somehow, my entire "New" submenu is missing in File Explorer. I tried adding the registry entry under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers. as shown below, but it didn't help.Under ContextMenuHandlers check if you can find a key by name New, if...
  4. Right Click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right Click Context Menu: Is there a way to edit it? Mine has things I don't need. Also, is there a way to add things too? And if can't edit. just rearrange the order of the actions. Win10 Pro submitted by /u/Frankie_Hollywood [link] [comments]...
  5. Right-Click Context menu stuck at loading in File Explore.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right-Click Context menu stuck at loading in File Explore.: Hello Context menu is working fine in desktop and side panel but, after selecting folder and right clicking it never opens waited around 15 min file explore is not showing not responding tag. tried every thing which are mentioned in this thread....
  6. Windows 10 - Unable to create new folders using File Explorer or Right-Click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - Unable to create new folders using File Explorer or Right-Click Context Menu: Hi, I am currently having difficulty creating new folders using the File Explorer and the Right-Click Context menu in Windows 10. I'm not experiencing any crashes related to the issue - the functionality just seems to have disappeared. Things that don't work: The new...
  7. Right Click Context menu.

Right Click Context menu.: How can I change the size of the right click context menu? And can somebody tell me why the context menu changes its size automatically. Right now its showing like thispicture attached, earlier the width was less. [IMG]...
  8. RE: Windows Explorer Context Menu - Right Click

RE: Windows Explorer Context Menu - Right Click: Good evening, After an update this week, the context menu that shows up when I right click on files and directories in Windows Explorer does not show what menu item is not being highlighted on my external monitors It does appear on the laptop itself - though I believe that...
  9. Right-click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click Context Menu: I click on ads on some websites and gadgets to give revenue to the service provider. Generally, I want to right-click, then click on 'Open Link in New Tab'. More and more, right-clicking is acting like left-clicking and taking me to the ad site in the current tab or doing...
  10. Right click context menu for explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click context menu for explorer: Trying to create a Right click context menu for explorer. I used to be able to launch VLC mediaplayer by right clicking on a Video_ts folder and chose play with VLC, seems to have gone for some reason...tried a few programs to help me with this but no luck yet....just tried...