Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro 20H2, cannot delete large .RAR archive 200GB due to it having virus and...

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro 20H2, cannot delete large .RAR archive 200GB due to it having virus and... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello,I recently moved to a new computer, so the way I did a quick backup was to archive the entire C: drive of my old system. The issue is that there... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Zuofu, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Zuofu Win User

Windows 10 Pro 20H2, cannot delete large .RAR archive 200GB due to it having virus and...

Hello,I recently moved to a new computer, so the way I did a quick backup was to archive the entire C: drive of my old system. The issue is that there is a folder of Microsoft Mail attachments, some of which contain virus attachments from spam. This causes Windows Defender to constantly scan the file, and then attempt to 'delete' the file, even though it is located in a ~200GB RAR archive so it's unable to do so since that would basically mean re-archiving the entire contents. In order to resolve this, I've extracted the archive to an external drive, and deleted the offending files. However,

:)

Zuofu, Apr 27, 2021

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Apr 27, 2021
  3. Windows 10 showing "damaged or corupted" large file archives

I'm having a issue regarding large files archive .rar, all of them say "damaged or corupted" when i try to extract, the archives are ok, i tested them on another PC. The storage device is new, it's a M.2 SSD, no issues regarding copy/read files.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 7 / Files, folders, & storage

PikonePikone, Apr 27, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 Pro 20H2, cannot delete large .RAR archive 200GB due to it having virus and...

how to uninstall files extracted from an archive

Hi Suryadeep

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

If you just extracted a RAR file into a folder, that application is a standalone application, it will not have an uninstaller and will not appear in the list of installed applications, you just need to delete the folder that you extracted that RAR archive into
    . . .

DaveM121, Apr 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro 20H2, cannot delete large .RAR archive 200GB due to it having virus and... - Similar Threads - Pro 20H2 cannot

2. Large Email Release- Archived and Deleted emails released in my Inbox as Unread

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large Email Release- Archived and Deleted emails released in my Inbox as Unread: All - I just had about 40 emails that I had previously archived or deleted in my invoice or at least read just re-appear in my inbox as unread.2 weeks ago there was an incident on the Microsoft when every emails coming to abc.com was going in quarantine. now again seems like...
  3. Large Email Release- Archived and Deleted emails released in my Inbox as Unread

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Large Email Release- Archived and Deleted emails released in my Inbox as Unread: All - I just had about 40 emails that I had previously archived or deleted in my invoice or at least read just re-appear in my inbox as unread.2 weeks ago there was an incident on the Microsoft when every emails coming to abc.com was going in quarantine. now again seems like...
  4. What is the optimum rar file size for archiving on Windows 10 and later?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the optimum rar file size for archiving on Windows 10 and later?: Is there an optimum size for a rar file on a Windows OS?While my question is about the .rar compression which is not a Microsoft product, it is about using it on Windows 10 and any later versions I may update to. My archives will always be created, stored and, when needed,...
  5. What is the optimum rar file size for archiving on Windows 10 and later?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the optimum rar file size for archiving on Windows 10 and later?: Is there an optimum size for a rar file on a Windows OS?While my question is about the .rar compression which is not a Microsoft product, it is about using it on Windows 10 and any later versions I may update to. My archives will always be created, stored and, when needed,...
  6. What is the optimum rar file size for archiving on Windows 10 and later?

7. Unable to delete .rar file

Unable to delete .rar file: Hi Legends,I came up with the problem regarding deleting a .rar file which is located inside .zip file. It is showing the following message:An unexpected error is keeping you from deleting the file. If you continue to recieve this error, you can use the error code to search...
  8. how i make antivirus delete the rar archive zip too not just the exe file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how i make antivirus delete the rar archive zip too not just the exe file: how i make antivirus delete the rar archive zip too with real time protection not just the exe file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-make-antivirus-delete-the-rar-archive-zip/5d22883a-24f0-4b8c-afd0-0ae80fcda27a
  9. Does Windows10 20H2 built in archiver support Zip64 or large zip files upto 50GB?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Windows10 20H2 built in archiver support Zip64 or large zip files upto 50GB?: I'm curious if I will need a 3rd party archiver for a large zip file I'm currently downloading from Google Music? submitted by /u/Ebojager [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3h7hu/does_windows10_20h2_built_in_archiver_support/
  10. Recommendation for a file archive, ZIP, RAR etc program please?

Recommendation for a file archive, ZIP, RAR etc program please?: Hi All, Anyone please recommend a file compressor software please, other than the one that's built in to Windows 10? Thanks! 63809