Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro 20H2 : Cannot log in with a local administrator account using "Other User"...

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro 20H2 : Cannot log in with a local administrator account using "Other User"... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I'm building a streaming PC for our church using Windows 10 20H2 Pro The PC will be used by the church AV staff and doesn't need email etc,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BrainSuperGlue, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Pro 20H2 : Cannot log in with a local administrator account using "Other User"...

Hi,

I'm building a streaming PC for our church using Windows 10 20H2 Pro

The PC will be used by the church AV staff and doesn't need email etc, doesn't need adding to a domain.

It just needs a local non MS account administrator account called Streaming

I go into Settings / Accounts / Other Users / + Add someone else to this PC, I don't had this person's sign-in information / Add a user without a Microsoft account.

then "Who's going to use this PC", type Streaming then add a password, it shows Streaming as a local account.

Click on Account and change account from Standard User to Administrator.

Shows as Streaming, Administrator - Local account

This is where the problem starts.

On the Log on, screen select Other User, it asks for email for the work or school account. The new account is nether.

Windows 10 Pro 20H2 : Cannot log in with a local administrator account using "Other User"... 231341b3-b9c4-42b1-b3d9-bc9c78a2f5a4?upload=true.jpg

Select Sign - options then select PIN, just to see if it would work..

Windows 10 Pro 20H2 : Cannot log in with a local administrator account using "Other User"... 03107694-0cf9-4411-98cb-8ae2cbc5669e?upload=true.jpg

This time it shows user name, type Streaming and the password / pin but it still won't work.

This doesn't appear to be an issue prior to 20H2.

So how can I log into a local administrator user account that is NOT Administrator in 20H2?

TIA

BSG

:)

BrainSuperGlue, Apr 5, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Look at this thread,How to Delete a User Account in Windows 10, it may help. You can try the various methods.
    Make sure you are using an administrative account when removing the account or log on using the Administrator's account.

Or, if you are patient and know what you are doing, manually remove it.

Either way, Goodluck.

95Viper, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Pro 20H2 : Cannot log in with a local administrator account using "Other User"... :(

Zakin, Apr 5, 2021
  4. Ian Ser Win User

Windows 10 Pro 20H2 : Cannot log in with a local administrator account using "Other User"...

Local administrator windows 10 user and folder name change (full change)

Hi Shaaddi,

Have you made sure that the account currently logged-in to has Administrator privileges? You can verify this by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + I on your keyboard and click Accounts.
    • Click Your info on the left pane.
    • Under your account picture, you can see if the account is a Local Admin.

If the account is not an Admin account, we suggest making one and try to transfer the files from there. Here's an
    article for a guide on how to create a local user
    or admin account in Windows 10.

Update us if the issue is resolved.

Ian Ser, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro 20H2 : Cannot log in with a local administrator account using "Other User"...

1. Windows 10 Pro 20H2 : Cannot log in with a local administrator account using "Other User"... - Similar Threads - Pro 20H2 Cannot

2. Local User Account vanished from "Other Users" but still shows up on Log In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local User Account vanished from "Other Users" but still shows up on Log In: I had a "Guest" account added to my PC that was not password protected, and recently it has become inaccessible. Under Other Users there is no longer a "Guest" account shown for me to remove it. How can I delete it?...
  3. Local User Account vanished from "Other Users" but still shows up on Log In

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local User Account vanished from "Other Users" but still shows up on Log In: I had a "Guest" account added to my PC that was not password protected, and recently it has become inaccessible. Under Other Users there is no longer a "Guest" account shown for me to remove it. How can I delete it?...
  4. Local User Account vanished from "Other Users" but still shows up on Log In

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. After Windows updates, cannot log into local administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows updates, cannot log into local administrator account: Hello,We have some laptops or new imaged laptops with local admin account once we checked and installed Windows updates. We cannot log into the administrator account. The user name is "Administrator". This issue only happens in the last few weeks. Do you have the same issue?...
  6. After Windows updates, cannot log into local administrator account

After Windows updates, cannot log into local administrator account: Hello,We have some laptops or new imaged laptops with local admin account once we checked and installed Windows updates. We cannot log into the administrator account. The user name is "Administrator". This issue only happens in the last few weeks. Do you have the same issue?...
  7. After Windows updates, cannot log into local administrator account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Change local user account to administrator other or family acct not there use windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change local user account to administrator other or family acct not there use windows11: There options do not work. IS Chat pr giving access to Windows support individual available?Press Windows key + X and select Command prompt Admin. Type the following command and hit Enter: net user administrator /active: yes Now, sign out from the current account and you will...
  9. Change local user account to administrator other or family acct not there use windows11

Change local user account to administrator other or family acct not there use windows11: There options do not work. IS Chat pr giving access to Windows support individual available?Press Windows key + X and select Command prompt Admin. Type the following command and hit Enter: net user administrator /active: yes Now, sign out from the current account and you will...
  10. Cannot Log into Administrator Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Log into Administrator Account: Hello, I was working on my laptop when suddenly my system restarted and I lost all my personal files( I have a back up). However, I cannot login as administrator, it says you are logged in using temporary account. I tried resetting my laptop as well as I did the registry...