Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro 21H1 - Empty RegBack Folder

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro 21H1 - Empty RegBack Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was comparing the RegIdleBackup Scheduled Task on Windows 10 Pro (21H1) with my Windows 7 system. I saw that the task had a history of successful... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JoseIbarra, Aug 15, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Pro 21H1 - Empty RegBack Folder

I was comparing the RegIdleBackup Scheduled Task on Windows 10 Pro (21H1) with my Windows 7 system. I saw that the task had a history of successful runs but the Next Run Time was empty. I also noticed the Defrag task the Next Run Time was also empty. On the RegIdleBackup task I went to the Triggers (also empty) and added a Trigger to match the Windows 7 task - Every 10 Days. Now the Next Run Time is populated and I ran the task manually. I checked in the Windows\system32\config\RegBack folder and it was empty but it all seems to work as expected on Windows 7 - in Windows 7 the RegBck files have today's date/timestamp. I know how these two worked in Windows 7. Why in Windows 10 would the Next Run Time be empty until I added a Trigger? The tasks show a successful runs in the history. How does it look on your system? If the RegIdleBackup task is running successfully why in the RegBack folder empty? How does it look on your system?

:)

JoseIbarra, Aug 15, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 15, 2021
  3. syskey scam & regback folder

Hi,

Just to check, do you still have the issue regarding syskey scam & regback folder? Have you tried reinstalling Windows 10 as what you've mentioned?

Feel free to update us about the status.

PreciousLeb, Aug 15, 2021
  4. fitzy4 Win User

Windows 10 Pro 21H1 - Empty RegBack Folder

syskey scam & regback folder

My father recently fell for a scam and allowed someone to remotely access his computer (running Windows 10) and enacted syskey encryption on the SAM registry hive (I learned this jargon by reading about the scam online), locking him out of his computer.
    He paid up and they gave him the password, but he is worried that problems may persist. So, I am looking for ways to help.

(1) The regback file and its contents are still on his computer, and I have found instructions on how to use them to restore the registry files. However, it shows that the files have been updated on a date that is after the date my father gave them control.
    Are they still good? Have the scammers changed them (can they do that?)? Or has the computer created a backup that, because of its later date, contains the changes that the scammers put in?

(2) Assuming I can't simply restore using the regback file on his computer, can I restore by copying the regback file on my Windows 10 computer, and past them into the config folder?

(3) If none of that works, would reinstalling Windows 10 fix all of the problems.

Thanks

fitzy4, Aug 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro 21H1 - Empty RegBack Folder

1. Windows 10 Pro 21H1 - Empty RegBack Folder - Similar Threads - Pro 21H1 Empty

2. VPN list is empty after Windows 10 21H1 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN list is empty after Windows 10 21H1 Update: My problem is after Windows 10 21H1 update, my VPN connections disappeared from the Toolbar icon, When I click connections on the toolbar only WiFi connections are displayed but VPN connections arent there. When I go to VPN settings also empty as shown below. Even if I create...
  3. Windows 10 Pro 21H1

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro 21H1: I am log into my account using my MSFT email. Widows created a Users Account with the fist 5 letters of my email. However, I need to change it to 7 letters. The reason why this is a new computer and all shortcut keys from other computers point to the old computer with 7...
  4. windows 10 empty network folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 empty network folder: windows 10 network shows empty computer folder in file explorer and desktop. network sharing is enabled. recent unsuccessful system restore initializing loop. said no system changes made. the network folder contents appear to be the only problem....
  5. Empty File Folders and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Empty File Folders and Windows 10: Last year I uploaded all my music and photographs to the One Drive and an external hard drive when the One Drive was full from my previous pc that ran Windows 7. I then downloaded, or so I thought, all of the music and photographs to my new pc operating Windows 10. I...
  6. Make Windows 10 automatically backup Registry to RegBack folder

in Windows 10 News
    Make Windows 10 automatically backup Registry to RegBack folder: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]A Registry Hive is a part of the Windows Registry which stores all necessary configuration of Windows OS. Its a sensitive part of Windows 10 which should always be handled carefully. While not many users make changes, if you planned [...] This post Make...
  7. Email folders are empty windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email folders are empty windows 10: I use a desktop with keyboard, Windows 10 installed Edge and Internet explorer is used for browsers. I have an email address from the 1990s that was first issued to me by my first ISP. it ends in .net I use that because of customers and friends all used it for that many...
  8. C:\windows\system32\config\regback empty - batch file to export registry in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C:\windows\system32\config\regback empty - batch file to export registry in Windows 10: I was doing some research on this and it seems that Windows 10 since at least 1803 no longer makes backup copies of the Registry hives and places them in C:\windows\system32\config\regback. I also notice that the REG.exe command is available in the windows recovery...
  9. Windows 10 Pictures " this folder is empty"

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pictures " this folder is empty": I cannot see or view any of my pictures. I click on a folder and it tells me its empty. When I click on properties, its obvious by the size of the file, that its still there. I Any ideas on how to fix this? 18139
  10. Empty folder message for non-empty folder by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Empty folder message for non-empty folder by Windows 10: "This folder is empty" message displayed by Microsoft OneDrive although the folder has thousands of subfolder with over 20 000 files! This error has been since Windows 10 OneDrive was introduced. 54515