Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro 21h1 high CPU usage after update

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro 21h1 high CPU usage after update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I had an old version of Windows 10 Pro and I updated it to 21h1 version with the installer from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ionut Mandu, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Pro 21h1 high CPU usage after update

Hello, I had an old version of Windows 10 Pro and I updated it to 21h1 version with the installer from https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10I have to mention that I can't do a revert back to old os build.After update I saw that 4 of my 8 cpu cores are always 100%. After few hours of testing everything I found that the cause is my lan driver. If I disable it all of my cores are idling correctly. More than that, I found that if I disable the Internet Protocol Version 4 TCP/IPv4 from Ethernet Properties problem disappear. That doesn't happen if I leave only the Internet Protocol

:)

Ionut Mandu, Aug 25, 2021

2. Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

Hi Andrew,

Usually, too many background processes can boost your CPU usage. Since you already disabled the apps that are not necessary on startup,
    we suggest checking the applications running once you have successfully boot Windows 10. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

From there, you should see what applications are running on high CPU usage. You can also
    restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service and see if your CPU performance will improve. Follow the instructions below to restart the service:

• Click on the Start button and type Services.
    • Scroll down the list and look for Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Right click on it and select Restart.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Aug 25, 2021
  3. iangie Win User
    WIN10 1703 update cause Explorer.exe high CPU usage

I am using Surface Pro 3 (i5, 8G RAM)

After WIN10 v1703 update, Windows Explorer uses ~30-40% CPU.

If I uncheck "Show thumbnails instead of icons" in the Performance Options, the CPU usage of Windows Explorer reduces to ~0%

Any suggestion why showing thumbnails cause so high CPU usage in v1703?

Thanks!

iangie, Aug 25, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Pro 21h1 high CPU usage after update

WIN10 1703 update cause Explorer.exe high CPU usage

Hi,

Glad you reached out. First, we would like to know if Explorer.exe
    is the only cause of high CPU usage. Because the common cause of high CPU usage are the following:

- Windows 10 Memory leak after the update.

- Driver incompatibilities after the update.

- Multiple startup applications

We'll be waiting for your update.

Richard tie, Aug 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro 21h1 high CPU usage after update

1. Windows 10 Pro 21h1 high CPU usage after update - Similar Threads - Pro 21h1 high

2. Windows 10 high cpu usage after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 high cpu usage after update: [ATTACH] Hello , did anyone experienced high cpu usage after windows update i cant even acces desktop, fan are runing full speed , after 9 MIN from boot task manager opened up just to see cpu usage 90% to 70% after 15 min cpu usage drops to 40% In the update i remember it...
  3. High CPU usage after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage after update: So i was on Windows 10 version 21H1 when i saw that there was an update, before i updated my CPU temp was idling at about 30-40 degrees, but after i have updated my CPU temp started to idle at about 60 degrees with the same CPU usage as before, could anyone tell me why? and...
  4. High CPU usage at idle. Win 10 Pro

High CPU usage at idle. Win 10 Pro: I have encountered a problem with Windows 10 Pro version. My PC specifications are as follows :Intel i5-9400fPalit Geforce GTX 1060 6Gb16 Gb DDR4 RAM @ 3000MhzThe problem is that whenever I leave my PC to idle, after a few minutes, I hear the CPU fan spool up quite violently....
  5. High CPU usage after 20H2 update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High CPU usage after 20H2 update.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Arro_10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/joz565/high_cpu_usage_after_20h2_update/
  6. Fix ntoskrnl high cpu usage for Windows 10 Pro?

Fix ntoskrnl high cpu usage for Windows 10 Pro?: In mid - late December 2019 I noticed a lag in starting applications after booting or powering up my Windows 10 desktop. Outlook, Word, Excel, and others has a noticeable delay in starting. Once I noticed this behavior I started task manager and noticed a process named...
  7. High CPU Usage after last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    High CPU Usage after last update: I just update my PC and now i got 80%-100% CPU usage in the task bar, My PC its running so slow, any help an idea its perfect to me! Frank. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-cpu-usage-after-last-update/07c1eafd-f30a-480b-ab04-eed87fa86e65
  8. High CPU usage after updating to windows 10 1903

High CPU usage after updating to windows 10 1903: I have a MSI GL63 8SD gaming laptop (i7 8750h + nvidia1660 ti + 8gbRAM) which came with windows 10 build 1803. And 1 week ago, I updated it to he 1903 update. Since then I'm facing the issue of HIGH CPU USAGE (mostly 100%) even when it is left idle. I closed all programs...
  9. High CPU usage on Windows 10 after update 1903

High CPU usage on Windows 10 after update 1903: Hello, I recently updated to update 1903, I have heard about a few bugs in the version on the internet about it so I hesitated at first when it was made available, but I decided to install a fresh version of Windows 10 without saving anything and then apply the 1903 update...
  10. Windows 10 High CPU Usage After Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 High CPU Usage After Update: Hey all I've been using W10 for a couple of months.. No big problems so after. After last week's updates, the cpu usage is around 20% idle. Which would be around 4-5% normally. My computer is always hot and fans do not stop. Anyone with a similar issue? No malwares...