Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro 64 1809 becomes unstable and bluescreens after mains power problems, even...

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro 64 1809 becomes unstable and bluescreens after mains power problems, even... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Big Problem : Windows 10 Pro 64 1809 becomes unstable and bluescreens after mains power problems, even after these problems have been fixed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Steven Stanley Bayes, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro 64 1809 becomes unstable and bluescreens after mains power problems, even...

Big Problem : Windows 10 Pro 64 1809 becomes unstable and bluescreens after mains power problems, even after these problems have been fixed.

Situation : All drivers and BIOS updated. Memory checked with Windows memory test and perfectly OK.

Best Performance : Windows virtual memory switched off.

Brief Description : I have been running Windows 7, then Windows 8.1 Enterprise and , now, Windows 10 Pro 64 1809 for years without any problem. A couple of weeks back, there was a mains power overload. Windows was unable to restart. Gave a few circular dots only and froze. Could not recover. Switched all power cords off and removed the battery. After the battery was removed and the BIOS was set up again, Windows 10 was able to restart. Worked OK. Then, there was another, similar mains problem. The same problems with Windows start. Removed all hardware possible, such as the video card and one of the memory sticks. The problem was remedied to the extend I did not need to take the battery off. After blue screens, I switched the power supply button off and waited for a few minutes. The Windows managed to roll all dots in circle and started OK. Switched off the virtual memory. This seemed to be of a major help. Everything was OK. Decided to continue to switch the power off overnight totally by unplugging the computer. Did not remove the battery any more. Everything was OK. Needed to wait for a few minutes after replugging the PC and switching the power supply button on for the power capacitors to fully charge. However, once I did not seem to have ewaited long enough for the capacitors to charge and the BIOS froze. Switched the PC off and then on. However, Windows was give the information of the faulty start and froze after a few dots rolled only. Switched the power supply button off. Waited. Switched on again. Worked. But Windows seemed to have remembered the problem and bluescreened with IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL upon the verification phase of Media Creation Tool for DVD. Did not do this before.

Observations : 1. When the power supply is switched off and after a wait for the capacitors to discharge there are two ways to start the PC : A. Switch the power supply on and IMMEDIATELY thereafter switch the PC power button on. The BIOS waits for the capacitors to charge and then starts OK. B. Switch the power supply on and wait for a few minutes for the capacitors to charge and, then, after a wait, switch the PC power button on. Starts OK. This is the way which is supposed to be the most normal and preferable. 2. When the power supply is switched off, a few presses on the PC power button help discharge the capacitors faster. Not a good approach but works.

Solution : The solution which helped the most was to switch the virtual memory off, so, Windows does not remember the blue screens problems and does not use the previous and now corrected problems to screw up. THIS HELPED TREMENDOUSLY. However, Windows seem to get some information of previous problems ( mainly with the mains power ) from CMOS. This is why the power supply button has to be switched off and has to be waited for the capacitors to discharge and not supply the CMOS. However, the battery may steel keep some info in the BIOS space. A possible solution may be to remove the battery and set up the BIOS again. Another possible and more normal solution may be to shut the PC off properly with Windows, then hope the new information of a correct shutdown is remembered and will be overwrite all previously remembered problems. And then, possibly, Windows will start normally and work normally.

Observation : Windows seem to disregard the fact the problems have been corrected and incorrectly interprets the information previously available. When Windows gets information of any previous problems, although corrected, Windows does not behave normally but runs whatever other code to detect or protect or whatever and thus takes information wrongly and bluescreens. When the information of any previous, old problems has been deleted, Windows does not run this code and behaves normally without any blue screens although everything is the same. I think this is a big problem with the Windows design. Windows must know which previous problems to react to. Certainly not previous main problems which, obviously, have been corrected. Any way to instruct Windows to disregard previous problems even when remembered in CMOS or BIOS?

:)

Steven Stanley Bayes, Feb 10, 2019
  2. Mala_S Win User

Windows 10 Pro - Cumulative Updates cause problems!

Hello Ken429,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

It is unfortunate that you are facing this issue after every update. I would kindly suggest you to follow the below suggestions and check if it works.

Issue 1: If the computer is waking up from sleep without any intervention, it’s likely another program or device is waking it up. It can also be due to several power settings in your system that is causing the issue.
    For such scenarios, you may restore the power plan settings. To do that, follow the below steps:

• Go to search window and type Edit power plan. Double click on it.
    • Click on Restore default settings for this plan.
    • Select Yes to reset the power plan’s settings.

Issue 2: I would recommend you to follow the suggestions by
    Naresh K on the thread
    after update to Windows 10 Home (64) ver 1809 Local PC no longer appears in Network folder
    and see if it works for you.

If you are facing this issue on multiple computers and if the issue reoccurs, I would suggest you to provide your feedback on
    feedback hub.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Pro 64 1809 becomes unstable and bluescreens after mains power problems, even...

Power Hibernate Option Stops Working Correctly after Win10 1809 Upgrade

Hi Nikhar Khare,

Many thanks for taking the time to look into the problem.

To answer your questions:

• Is this happening all the time or is it intermittent? A: It has been happening all time ever the first boot-up since the Ver 1809 upgrade whenever the PC was turned hibernate either by Home key > power logo> Hibernate or by pressing
      the power button (which was set as hibernate. The hibernate function worked well up until last boot-up before the upgrade.
    • What is the make and model of your computer? A:
      The PC is a Dell Inspiron laptop. OS is Win 10 Home V1809 64-bit Build 17763.1
    Execution of your suggested solution protocol did not solve the problem.

Hopefully you can suggest other solutions for trying.

Regards!

JamesYoung888, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro 64 1809 becomes unstable and bluescreens after mains power problems, even...

1. Windows 10 Pro 64 1809 becomes unstable and bluescreens after mains power problems, even... - Similar Threads - Pro 1809 becomes

2. Windows Becoming Unstable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Becoming Unstable: Hello. Windows 11 has been acting up this week. I don't know what started it, but my taskbar freezes and the start menu now refuses to open sometimes still does this after Windows Explorer is restarted. It appears that "wsappx", or specifically "AppX Deployment Service",...
  3. Windows Becoming Unstable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Becoming Unstable: Hello. Windows 11 has been acting up this week. I don't know what started it, but my taskbar freezes and the start menu now refuses to open sometimes still does this after Windows Explorer is restarted. It appears that "wsappx", or specifically "AppX Deployment Service",...
  4. cursor becomes unstable Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cursor becomes unstable Windows 10: Hello I'm having trouble determining how to fix my cursor. At least once a day it becomes unstable, bounces all over the screen. this is an HP laptop with Windows 10 Even if I remove the wireless mouse and the USB dongle that the mouse uses, the problem remains until I...
  5. Resolution problem after upgrading windows 10 pro 64 bit to 1809

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution problem after upgrading windows 10 pro 64 bit to 1809: I was running windows 10 pro 64 bit 1709 version on my Dell desktop optiplex 790 corei5 2nd generation computer. On 11-3-2019, from windows update utility I updated windows to 1809 version which completed smoothly. After updating, now the computer is running on low resolution...
  6. Resolution problem after upgrading windows 10 pro 64 bit to 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resolution problem after upgrading windows 10 pro 64 bit to 1809: I was running windows 10 pro 64 bit 1709 version on my Dell desktop optiplex 790 corei5 2nd generation computer. On 11-3-2019, from windows update utility I updated windows to 1809 version which completed smoothly. After updating, now the computer is running on low resolution...
  7. windows 10 has become slow and unstable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 has become slow and unstable: windows 10 has become slow and unstable Start up often fails and requires rebooting. video often hangs up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-has-become-slow-and-unstable/8d18645d-d6c6-4c8c-a7d7-5d6865bac831
  8. Windows 10 Pro Network Problems After 1809 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro Network Problems After 1809 Upgrade: When I upgraded my PC to Windows 10 1803 I had problems accessing the 3 pcs on my home network. This was resolved by setting several services to automatic start, on all 3 pcs. After which I had a reliable, rock solid network. I've now upgraded to Windows 10 1809, and my...
  9. CHKDSK WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BITS VERSION 1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CHKDSK WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BITS VERSION 1809: CHKDSK STOPPED WORKING ON SYSTEM DISK USING /F OR /R DID YOU SCREW THIS UP ALSO???????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chkdsk-windows-10-pro-64-bits-version-1809/0570eacf-aa09-4674-9d68-2cba3e4e8491
  10. Bluetooth becomes unstable after paring a second device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth becomes unstable after paring a second device: Hi, I have had the same issue with Bluetooth connection on three different Windows laptops, all of which have Windows 10 as the operating system. Whenever I pair a second Bluetooth device, whether it is a mouse, keyboard, or a pair of Bluetooth headphones, the connection...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 pro unstable