Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Hard Freezes Randomly

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Hard Freezes Randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been dealing with random hard freezes with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit builds since 2016. I don't have this issue with Windows 7 Pro 64bit and I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by E_071, Dec 29, 2019.

1. E_071 Win User

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Hard Freezes Randomly

I've been dealing with random hard freezes with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit builds since 2016. I don't have this issue with Windows 7 Pro 64bit and I'm using identical hardware. Virtually nothing has changed hardware wise between Windows 7 and Windows 10. This is a custom built workstation PC for my home. I stopped using Windows 10 and went back to Windows 7 because of these random freezes. But now with Windows 7 support ending I am forced to try to solve it.

The freezes happen completely randomly, sometimes when I'm just resizing a file explorer window, other times when I'm doing more intense work. The computer always freezes up 100% and I'm not able to move the mouse or do anything. The Screen just pauses with everything still visible but I"m not able to interact with it. I've tried leaving it alone for hours to see if Windows will come out of it or give a blue screen, but that never happens. I have to hold down the power button to reset it. When the freeze does happen my audio seems to freak out and just start stuttering until I reboot. Other than that it's a regular good ol' fashioned freeze.

• I've tried just about everything I can find online on how to fix this. I've tried about a dozen different Windows 10 builds over the years, every time it's a clean install. None of them have helped this issue.
    • I have updated my drivers and BIOS and firmware.
    • I have all the latest Windows updates
    • I've tried removing all extra hardware components.
    • I've tried using different video cards and SSD's. same issue.
    • I've tried turning off power saving features both in Windows and in the BIOS
    • I've ran disk check and mem check/test and all scans always come back normal and fine.

System Info:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name DESKTOP-NP0KGVQ

System Manufacturer To Be Filled By O.E.M.

System Model To Be Filled By O.E.M.

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU To Be Filled By O.E.M.

Processor IntelR XeonR CPU E5-2690 0 @ 2.90GHz, 2901 Mhz, 8 Cores, 16 Logical Processors

Processor IntelR XeonR CPU E5-2690 0 @ 2.90GHz, 2900 Mhz, 8 Cores, 16 Logical Processors

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P1.90, 4/11/2018

SMBIOS Version 2.7

Embedded Controller Version 255.255

BIOS Mode Legacy

BaseBoard Manufacturer ASRock

BaseBoard Product EP2C602-4L/D16

BaseBoard Version

Platform Role Workstation

Secure Boot State Unsupported

PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.18362.387"

User Name DESKTOP-NP0KGVQ\E

Time Zone Pacific Standard Time

Installed Physical Memory RAM 128 GB

Total Physical Memory 128 GB

Available Physical Memory 113 GB

Total Virtual Memory 147 GB

Available Virtual Memory 129 GB

Page File Space 19.0 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Kernel DMA Protection Off

Virtualization-based security Not enabled

Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected, TPM is not usable

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Here is a link to my Windows Performance Recorder

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnVIScj4JLLLigh6-fS3dAooCvim?e=bakh1g

Please help!

:)

E_071, Dec 29, 2019

2. windows 10 pro 64 bit freezes randomly

Dear Zigzag3143,

I have installed almost same programs on both the computers (32 bit laptop and 64 bit desktop). The programs show no conflict (freezing) with windows 7 professional (64 bit) on the same desktop but, windows 10 pro freezes randomly with the same programs.

Interestingly, checking system before installing the upgrade to Windows 10 pro approves the system for installing the upgrade. So, there seems to be no problem with the desktop hardware for windows 10 pro.

VivekVerma_959, Dec 29, 2019
  3. windows 10 pro 64 bit freezes randomly

I have upgraded from windows 7 professional (64 bit) to windows 10 pro 64 bits through windows update. after the installation completed and I started working on windows 10 pro, it started freezing at at any unpredicted moment of time and with every such
    freeze it requires a restart (mouse and keyboard stop working). This never happened with my previous windows (windows 7 professional 64 bit).

My system has:

Processor: 2nd Gen Intel Core I 7 (Sandy bridge), speed 3.4 GHz

RAM: 16 GB DDR3, 1333 MHz

Hard disk: 2TB, 7200 RPM

I had to switch back to windows 7 professional twice after full installation of windows 10 pro. Kindly give me a solution to my problem as early as possible.

VivekVerma_959, Dec 29, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Hard Freezes Randomly

windows 10 pro 64 bit freezes randomly

I am having the same problem.

DerekGlazier, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Hard Freezes Randomly

1. Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Hard Freezes Randomly - Similar Threads - Pro Bit Hard

2. Windows 10 pro 64 bits freeze randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 pro 64 bits freeze randomly: Hi there, first of all I want to apologize, my english isnt very good. About 2 months ago my pc is been freezing randomly, it happens when I am playing or watching a video, some days happen, some days dont. Until now it has never happend in other moment. I cant move the...
  3. Windows PRO 10 32 bit to 64 Bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows PRO 10 32 bit to 64 Bit: How do I update 32bit Windows 10 Pro on a 64bit system to 64bit OP Sys x 64bit Processor System? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-pro-10-32-bit-to-64-bit/e10c32dc-cebb-4569-b469-8dd000e1935b
  4. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit: I have been using Clonezilla-live for years. It no longer works as both my computers are UEFI. What suggestions do you have that will not cost me a fortune to back up my computers. Thank for any help. 143195
  5. File Explorer Freezes - Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

File Explorer Freezes - Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit: Team, I have update all Windows Updates and Norton Internet Security. Every now and then its getting hand. I have am not able to access most of the folders. I already tried SFC & DISM Option uninstalled few updates and reinstalled updates and all are uptodate....
  6. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit to 32 bit downgrade

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit to 32 bit downgrade: There must be a step-by-step process to follow in order to move an existing OS from Win10 pro 64 bit to 32 bit. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated....
  7. Windows 10 Randomly Freezes 64-bit

Windows 10 Randomly Freezes 64-bit: Just within the last couple of weeks, my Windows 10 desktop has started randomly freezing up. I have run Norton deep scan, Malwarebytes and Windows Defender and nothing was found. I also ran a Defrag, along with Memory Test(no errors) and Check Disk(no errors), so I am...
  8. Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) Keeps Freezing/Locking up

Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) Keeps Freezing/Locking up: I've been getting this issue as of late and I don't know why. Contrary to what seems to be the popular case, I did not suffer through this when I installed the first creators update. I've run through certain tests involving file system checks, memory checks, and other...
  9. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Explorer.exe random crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Explorer.exe random crashes: So here's the deal, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit from Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. I had been having a random issue in Windows 7 for years where explorer.exe would randomly crash and relaunch. I eventually gave up after trying anything and everything. System file...
  10. Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Random Freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Random Freezing: Hello I recently updated my desktop PC to Windows 10 Pro. My setup has Windows 10 on a 480 GB SSD with 2 secondary drives. My system experiences periodic freezing it was much worse before I updated the system through windows update. The system freezes and I get the blue...