Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit multiple issues after upgrade from Windows 7

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro 64 bit multiple issues after upgrade from Windows 7 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 Professional 64 bit from Windows 7 Pro 64 bit July 20, 2016. Before upgrading to Win 10 I had no issues at all with Win 7. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by artmanphoto, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit multiple issues after upgrade from Windows 7

I upgraded to Windows 10 Professional 64 bit from Windows 7 Pro 64 bit July 20, 2016. Before upgrading to Win 10 I had no issues at all with Win 7. I have been having multiple issues with Windows 10 ever since I upgraded:
    • Programs stop responding
    • Task manager stops responding and many times can not stop an application or end the process
    • Windows Explorer stops responding and hangs
    • Desktop hangs
    • My Computer does not respond and hangs
    • When any of the above happens and I try a Restart the whirling dots continue for ever (I have waited for 45 minutes). The only way to recover is to power the machine down, wait several seconds and power the machine back on. This doesn't do open files any good.

I have checked the power settings and they are correct and applicable. I did a troubleshooting test and Windows said my Windows Update file, etc. was corrupt and Windows 10 said it fixed the issue.

I have run Malware Bytes and Super Anti-Spyware scans plus ESET anti-virus scans and the machine is clean.

I also have another older Windows 7 machine that was not able to upgrade to Windows 10. I found a Microsoft Windows 10 800 number on the web. I called them to ask how I could remove the Windows 10 upgrade reminder and he remoted into the machine and removed the Windows 10 presence and the constant upgrade reminder went away. He was extremely professional and he did this at no charge. Unfortunately I lost the 800 number so I can't call for help on this issue.

Does anyone have a toll free number for Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade support that they have used and had success with?

Does anyone have ideas as to how I can fix all of these issues? I am a photographer and this machine is heavily used every day. These constant issues are incredibly frustrating and extremely time consuming.

Thanks very much - Bill

:)

artmanphoto, Sep 1, 2016
  2. qabodan Win User

winzip desktop 64 bit

it is not working with windows 10 64 bit home single language after upgrading from win 8 home single language, while the 32 bit is working in windows 10 pro after upgrading from win 7 ultimate. any work around to make it work, i tried to install 32 bit
    in 64 bit system but as it is downloading from internet, it installs the 64 bit version. please help

qabodan, Sep 1, 2016
  3. My Windows 7 is a Windows 7 Pro version, 64 bit. Will my Windows 10 upgrade also be Pro and 64 bit?

Original Title: Windows 10 upgrade

My Windows 7 is a Windows 7 Pro version, 64 bit. Will my Windows 10 upgrade also be Pro and 64 bit?

webberhall, Sep 1, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit multiple issues after upgrade from Windows 7

Hi, basic questions:
    Could you complete your system specs fully including model number, details of your disk, graphics....?
    Have you checked on Dell's web site that your PC is approved for upgrade to Win 10?
    Does Dell's site offer drivers for Win 10? (Not essential, but may be indicative)
    Have you checked to see if there's a BIOS upgrade?

How does your PC perform in Safe Mode?

In some cases, people need to use older versions of drivers where their PCs are not listed as Win 10 compatible. A typical example would be the graphics driver. When doing so you also need to protect the older driver from being replaced by Wni 10/ MS. (Details in a tutorial in the Tutorial section).

Please run this as a basic check:
    From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!

dalchina, Sep 2, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit multiple issues after upgrade from Windows 7

1. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit multiple issues after upgrade from Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Pro bit multiple

2. Upgrade to 64 bit Windows 10 Pro from 32 bit Windows home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to 64 bit Windows 10 Pro from 32 bit Windows home: I am wondering if I will avoid the loss of data problem if I buy the windows 10 pro version 64 bit instead of upgrading with the free version of Windows 10 Home....
  3. upgrade from Windows 7 pro 64 bit to Windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from Windows 7 pro 64 bit to Windows 10 64 bit: Need to upgrade my laptop windows from Windows 7 pro 64 bit to Windows 10 64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-windows-7-pro-64-bit-to-windows-10-64/1d42cd03-b607-4de5-9651-516a3cb14b18
  4. Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home 64 bit: My son’s computer is running Windows 7 64 bit and I want to upgrade it to Windows 10 Home 64 bit. Of course I want to spend as little as possible for the license/upgrade and I found a couple on eBay that are pretty cheap Error Page | eBay and Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64 Bit...
  5. Upgrading from Windows 7 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit

Upgrading from Windows 7 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit: hi there i wanted to upgrade my pc which is running on windows 7 32 bit upgrade to windows 10 64 bit. i have checked that my windows copy is genuine so if i download iso file of windows 10 can i am able to upgrade it....
  6. How to upgrade from windows 10 pro 32 bit to 64 bit?????

How to upgrade from windows 10 pro 32 bit to 64 bit?????: My desktop has 32 bit windows 10 pro OS installed..... I wish to upgrade my windows 10 32 bit OS to 64 bit OS.... Because, my desktop has 6 GB ram.... Also, I need all my personal files..... What does the linked picture mean???? Can I keep all my personal files...
  7. upgradation from 32 bit windows 10vpro to 64 bit windows 10 pro

upgradation from 32 bit windows 10vpro to 64 bit windows 10 pro: Hello, I have 8 GB RAM but only 2.55 GB is usable. So I am thinking of upgrading to 64 bit version of windows 10 so that I can get access to more of my RAM. Current Windows Specifications: Currently I have Windows 10 Pro 32 bit (version 1903) that is activated using a...
  8. Windows 7 Pro 32 bit to Windows 10 64 bit

Windows 7 Pro 32 bit to Windows 10 64 bit: I presently have Win 7 installed on my ASUS laptop. It can handle 32 or 64 bit programs. The windows 7 is installed as a 32 bit OS but is corrupted. Repair doesn't solve my problem from the original disk. So I bought a new Win 10 64 bit OS. It won't load over the 32 bit...
  9. Windows 10 (64 bit) Upgrade from Windows 7 (64 bit)

Windows 10 (64 bit) Upgrade from Windows 7 (64 bit): Will there be a patch to install Windows 10 64 bit on our older computers? I know about the 32 bit version being compatible, but the AMD Athlon cpu's were originally designed to run 64 bit applications. Most of the cpu's have more than enough power for the OS. I'm sure there...
  10. Upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit to Windows 10 Pro: Seems like a simple question - just bought Windows 10 Pro on a USB. When I boot up my computer to the USB drive to install Windows 10 it does not give me the option to upgrade - seems like it is going to do a clean install. When does the option menu come up for "clean...