Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro 64 with administrators rights - cannot import saved registry file

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro 64 with administrators rights - cannot import saved registry file in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I made an export from regedit to have as a back-up. I then made som changes to the registry that were not successful. I then decided to import the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BertilR, May 10, 2020.

1. BertilR Win User

Windows 10 Pro 64 with administrators rights - cannot import saved registry file

I made an export from regedit to have as a back-up.

I then made som changes to the registry that were not successful.

I then decided to import the back-up registry to get beck to where I started but got an error message at the end of the import process that said: translated from Swedish by myself

the file test_export_2020-05-08.reg cannot be imported.

It was not possible to write all data to the registry.

Some keys have been opened by the system or by other processes or you have not sufficient authority to make this.

I have Administrator's rights.

I then tried a new export and followed it by an immediate import but got the same error message,

What good is a back-up of the registry if cannot retrieve it later?

HELP!

:)

BertilR, May 10, 2020

2. I cannot import game registry in Win10

How big is the reg file ?

Can you post the header first few lines here, just to make sure it's a valid reg file ?

also, make sure to import your reg file with administrator rights .

From an elevated prompt, type :

Reg import Sky_Force_Anniversary.reg

If this fail, share your reg file here, i'll try to import it in my own registry and see what's happen.

blobster21, May 10, 2020
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    I need to convert Quattro pro files to windows Office 2007

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/ha010448731033.aspx

Install the Quattro Pro 5.0 converter
    To install the converter for Quattro Pro versions 1.0 through 5.0 for Windows, do the following:

Click Start on the Windows taskbar, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
    Click the name of the Microsoft Office 2000 or Microsoft Excel 2000 program that you have, and then click Add/Remove.
    Click Add or Remove Features, and locate the Quattro Pro 5.0 Converter under Microsoft Excel for Windows.
    Click Run From My Computer to install the converter to your hard disk.
    Click Update Now.
    Open a Quattro Pro file
    To open a Quattro Pro file in Excel, follow these steps:

Click Open on the File menu.
    In the Look in list, click the drive or folder that contains the file you want to open, and then locate the folder that contains the file.
    In the Files of type list, click Quattro Pro 1.0/5.0 (Win) (*.wb1) if your files are from Quattro Pro for Windows versions 1.0 through 5.0, or click Quattro Pro/DOS Files (*.wq1). The former requires installation of the converter, as outlined above, before it appears in the list.
    Double-click the file you want to open.
    Notes

You cannot save files in the Quattro Pro 1.0/5.0 (Win) (*.wb1) format. If you open one of these files and make changes to it, you can save changes by saving as a Microsoft Excel Workbook (*.xls) or in another spreadsheet format.
    You can save changes in the Quattro Pro/DOS format, but changes made using features that are unique to Excel may be lost.

or

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP052538431033.aspx

You can open a file created in another program, such as Lotus 1-2-3 or Quattro Pro, in Microsoft Excel the same way you would open an Excel file. You can then save the file in its original file format or as an Excel workbook using the standard Excel save commands. Files saved as Excel workbooks might not retain all of their original formatting, and features and formatting of an Excel workbook might not be available in other programs.

Lazzer408, May 10, 2020
  4. Tatty_One Win User

Windows 10 Pro 64 with administrators rights - cannot import saved registry file

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, May 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro 64 with administrators rights - cannot import saved registry file - Similar Threads - Pro administrators rights

2. Cannot import registry file for windows defender, getting error "cannot import file...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot import registry file for windows defender, getting error "cannot import file...: Already tried granting permissions in regedit and taking ownership of the file + granting everyone permissions, also ran a "sfc /scannow" command to search for any corrupt files, but I get the exact same error....
  3. Cannot import registry file for windows defender, getting error "cannot import file...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot import registry file for windows defender, getting error "cannot import file...: Already tried granting permissions in regedit and taking ownership of the file + granting everyone permissions, also ran a "sfc /scannow" command to search for any corrupt files, but I get the exact same error....
  4. Cannot import registry file for windows defender, getting error "cannot import file...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Administrative Rights in Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrative Rights in Windows 11 Pro: I am setting up a new Dell Laptop and was set up without Administrative rights, now I cannot change anything because I am not the Administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrative-rights-in-windows-11-pro/efdd88f6-b575-49ce-8535-27f1f5a0452c
  6. Administrative Rights in Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrative Rights in Windows 11 Pro: I am setting up a new Dell Laptop and was set up without Administrative rights, now I cannot change anything because I am not the Administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrative-rights-in-windows-11-pro/efdd88f6-b575-49ce-8535-27f1f5a0452c
  7. Cannot import registry key into regedit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot import registry key into regedit: When i try to import .reg file into regedit it says that file is not .reg file,any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-import-registry-key-into-regedit/2607614e-56de-4287-9b37-58f70d495277
  8. Cannot import Registry File, Not all Data was successfully written to the Registry

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot import Registry File, Not all Data was successfully written to the Registry: [ATTACH]Windows Registry allows any user to take backup and restore registry files. While the […] This article Cannot import Registry File, Not all Data was successfully written to the Registry first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Import pictures settings : cannot save "delete after import" ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Import pictures settings : cannot save "delete after import" ?: Import pictures settings I cannot save "delete after import" ? for the next use? The box is never saving when I click on it Every time I import pictures I have to constantly click again on "delete after import" Why is it never saving? 148759
  10. Cannot import error accessing the registry

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot import error accessing the registry: Yes i'll do backup asap and Big thanks for your help *Smile You're welcome! *Smile